New MOTU Kids' Line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

New MOTU Kids' Line

Sun May 16, 2021 4:49 pm

https://toynewsi.com/241-39061

Images of the first few figures from the more kid-focused MOTU cartoon coming to Netflix. This is NOT the 'Revelations' cartoon.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: New MOTU Kids' Line

Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Battle Armor He-Man’s chest plate is red and shaped like a cat head... is he wearing Battle Cat’s armor?!?! Fun!
Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Yargh, they look quite, quite awful. One thing is to be modern, or in line with the times, and the other is try to make everything look identical. This looks like a fusion between Power Players and the modern Max Steel.

I mean, if the faces were properly painted, maybe they would be passable.

Sadly, nowadays, something for kids is synonymous with something "preschool". Toy figures seem to be only for kids aged 6 and less.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed May 19, 2021 8:30 pm

Faceless wrote: Sadly, nowadays, something for kids is synonymous with something "preschool". Toy figures seem to be only for kids aged 6 and less.
I think the assumption, and honestly it's probably not inaccurate, is that kids over the age of 7 or so nowadays are quicker to move away from action figures and toward electronics. Makes more sense to market heavily to the under 7 crowd if the statistics show that the 'over 7 and plays with action figures' demo is pretty small.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”