Overcrowded Shelves: my Collection - video on 2nd page

Show us your Collections!
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Overcrowded Shelves: my Collection - video on 2nd page

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm

New photos can be found starting here, with my Simpsons lay out.
viewtopic.php?p=2667310#p2667310

I've been meaning to take photos for the longest time... a year or two. But I am a very lazy man, so I kept putting it off. Plus my figures get very dusty and I didn't want to show off the dust covered plastic. :) I got out a swiffer and now have some shelves ready for presentation.

I'm mainly into Simpsons and Marvel, with Star Wars and various cartoons and anime coming up afterwards. I have some DC stuff, a ton of Dragonball figures and various other things.

I'll start off with some of my Marvel stuff. This is my dresser which has most of the larger BAFs, along with the Avengers Mansion (AKA Buffy's library). I've kept the Avengers to pre-New/Mighty characters, so dudes like Sentry, Wolvie and Ronin are elsewhere.
Oh and there is a custom figure of me in my cartoon form. :)

I love the old ML and Spidey figures that came with wall mountable bases. I also love putting my flying figures up on the wall as well. I have Doom standing on the base that came with MS Thor. The Nightcrawler "bamf" is actually the base that came with the Most Wanted Blink figure, with one of the waist clips from the Spidey classics.

I'll post the rest of my ML figures later, as there is quite a bit to do, and I am, as I said, lazy. Here are some of my Marvel Kubricks, along with the animated Star Wars, Monkey Ball and some Superhero Showdown figures. This is on top of my two skinny DVD shelves from IKEA.

Lastly, here are my trades, along with some games that I am currently playing. In front we have some South Park mini-figures, Buddy Jesus, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Giant Man and Lawyer She-Hulk. Underneath are some other figures I didn't know where to put so they got shoved into a corner. Love Hina mini-figures, some Dragonball, Simpsons, Final Fantasy and Star Wars figures as well.

I'll post some more shots later today or tomorrow. I hope you liked my collection so far!
Calbretto

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Here are three shelves of Simpsons figures. The top two shelves are all World of Springfield, and the bottom shelf is mainly McFarlane stuff (along with Moe's Bar). World of Springfield was probably my favourite toy line of all time. I was really bummed when it was canceled.

Here is my main shelf of Simpsons. I can take some close up shots if anyone wants to see them. At the top I have the old Toybiz Sentinel (holding Morph) and Galactus (fighting Silver Surfer). Angel Goku is up there too for some reason.

Now on the bottom shelf is my Jabba's Palace set up. I have a lot more Star Wars figures, but they are all in boxes, as I just don't have the room for them. Jabba, on the other hand, will always have a place. I'm still missing Ak-Rev and Bane Malar, so I'm not fully up to date on my Palace denizens.

Finally, here are some figures I just have on the floor for now. I don't really have room, so they're shoved in the corner. Most of my shelves are overcrowded as it is. We have giant movie Spidey, Lard Lad, Tidus, black Spidey and Peter vs. the giant chicken. Astro Boy is behind there too, but he's hiding. He's shy.

That's it for now. More to come.
Calbretto

Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Ok, this is it for the day. I swear it this time.
I have a small shelf running above my window that I started using for ML run-off but have since converted to Marvel horror and non-Marvel comics. First I have my Marvel Zombies, monsters, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight and Howard the Duck. I never did pick up Vengeance so he's missing. Oh and my Zombie Mini-Mates are there as well.

Next up are some DC figures. I don't have many, as I am not a big DC fan. I get some DC Direct figures when my shop has them on sale for $3 every so often. Warlord is pretty neat. My "other" comics figures starts here as well, with Legendary Comic Heroes and some other assorted figures.

More comic heroes. To be honest, I only bought some of them to complete the BAFs, but I ended up liking every one of them.

Lastly, final comic figures (including cartoon and movie Hellboy) and my teeny tiny collection of Street Fighter. I got into the line late and just got the cheap ones. I had originally planned on using them for ML customs, but they're too cool to mess with, so I'll leave them on display for now.

More to come.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:15 am

Fun stuff! Always nice to see Simpsons get some love.
Calbretto

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:20 am

Thanks! I'll always be a huge Simpsons fan.

My update for today is Marvel Legends, though.

Here is a full view of my Legends wall. I have a large shelf near the top of each wall of my room, this one is dedicated to Marvel Legends (with a few Lord of the Rings). Then there is a three tiered shelf and then my computer desk with yet more Legends on the top shelf.

Here is a close up of the top shelf. I have to warn you, it's a little dusty near the end. There is a rough theme, starting with House of M, with Lord of the Rings behind. Then I have my movie figures, a few 5" figures (I have TONS more in boxes), urban heroes, Ultimate, Spidey and Iron Man variants, then lots of villains.

Now here are the three shelves and desk. Top tier is various heroes, second is all X-Men and villains, and the bottom are newer figures that I haven't had time to organize yet. My TMNT set is on the desk shelf with Foom. I have a few customs on the shelves: AoA Morph, cartoon Morph, Tony Stark, Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl, Beak, Nitro and Stature.

I just put up a new shelf that is fairly bare. I have a bunch of Love Hina and Negima figures that I had to put away due to lack of space, but I have a few of them up on the top shelf. Then I've got some Red Hulk figures that I need to find room for with the other Legends. Bottom are some Super Hero Squad figures and Ren & Stimpy firedogs.

Finally, here are my two dioramas that I put together. You can see more pics in my custom thread. I don't really have room for them in my room, so they're off to the side.

Coming up another day: Final Fantasy, Dragonball, Family Guy, Inuyasha, Justice League and more. Thanks for looking!
Waiting
have I mentioned marvellegends.net?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:34 am

Oh, diggin' the dioramas!
Calbretto

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 am

Thanks! I have more photos in my custom thread: http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48224
MattaSaurusRex
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:50 pm

That's one of the best set ups for the Simpson figures I've ever seen. Suuuh-WEET!
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:51 am

i DIG this set up.
Calbretto

Re: Overcrowded Shelves: Calbretto's Collection -Oct 13th update

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 am

I've finally fixed the images. :)
DayJohnson
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:56 am

Awesome pics man... can't wait to see the Dragonball stuff!
deylinarr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:52 pm

awesome setups Cal!
CplHicks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:05 am

I love the simpsons figures!!!!

Great collection. :D
Plastic Man
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Yeah, the simpsons figures are nice!! :)
Calbretto

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:00 am

I hope to add some new collection photos soon. In the meantime, here is a picture of my current SHIELD army. I hope to add at least one more male agent so I can make use of the Clint Barton head.

Return to “Collections Archives”