JazWares 18th Halo

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: JazWares 18th Halo

Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:56 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:19 pm
Gracias, brother. I agree he looks fine with the line-up, although I might swap in an MTF head if I can. With the helmet taken into accout that head is inhumanly too-small proportioned, imho.
No prob! Huh, you're totally right, his head is tiny. I hadnt really noticed until you mentioned it, and now it's glaring at me lol
Leonardo T Dragon wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 pm

The Cobra Commander build is a bit on the tall side, IMHO. He scales well with the others which is a good thing. IF I can ever find this wave I'm going to have to snag a few of these guys.

If only we could preorder them online somewhere.

(Everyone email [email protected] and let them know there's a demand!)
Yeah, Cobra Commander has those super long shins for whatever reason. He's not a particularly great figure, but is probably the best Cobra Commander we've received in 1:18. I would be down for an upgrade if Hasbro didnt ditch modern 1:18 for the o-ring retro stuff they're pushing now.

Hopefully someday!
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:56 pm

Video review for the Chief/Flood tank 2-pack. https://youtu.be/GCyXm3E0kUU
EICzerofour
Customized

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:00 am

So did y'all see that ODST drop pod at sdcc? I really hope bbts start carrying these.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:08 am

Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:57 am

If BBTS started carrying those, my wallet would be gone.
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:10 pm

The Walmarts in my area have all reset. They've removed ALL peg/shelf space for HALO in either scale.

This line just got all-but-impossible to find in Central IL.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:14 pm

When this line was first announced I felt it had promise to be the single-greatest toyline ever made, toppling both RAH Joes and the combined effort of both Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars in terms of excelling at all points of an action figure toyline; but WickedCoolToys has made several decisions that I don't think JazWares' team on Fortnite would have made that combined with COVID have resulted in a good-but-frustrating line, imho.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:34 pm

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:10 pm
The Walmarts in my area have all reset. They've removed ALL peg/shelf space for HALO in either scale.

This line just got all-but-impossible to find in Central IL.
Same here, and my Targets seem to be slowly doing the same. I guess since I refuse to pay flipper prices for any toys, I'm pretty much out of this line. It sucks because I have bought literally every non-Master Chief single pack figure they have released, as well as multiple 3-packs, Mission packs and vehicles, including the Mantis. I would happily continue purchasing in this fashion if that was possible, but unfortunately it no longer is.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:24 pm

My Wal-Marts have been bleak, but Targets have been getting wave 6 semi regularly (I just picked up another skirmisher yesterday). I'm holding out hope Target continues with the line and we see that poor lost wave 5 show up there.

It's become one of the most satisfying figure lines for me personally. Great figures at a fair price with lots of vehicles to put the figures in. Honestly it's everything I want in a toy line.
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
My Wal-Marts have been bleak, but Targets have been getting wave 6 semi regularly (I just picked up another skirmisher yesterday). I'm holding out hope Target continues with the line and we see that poor lost wave 5 show up there.
Target seems to be prioritizing coastal states and major population centers with stocking this line. Living in downstate Illinois, it's getting to the point that I have given up on seeing it. I work right near one of the two area Targets and so I swing through regularly over my lunch hour. Not a single sign that anything has been stocked since wave 3 here. (That sold out FOREVER ago.)
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:02 pm

Ah man, that's a bummer. Hopefully the line eventually builds enough steam to be stocked at more locations than just he coastal states.. It's unfortunate that such a great figure line isn't more widely available.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:14 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
It's become one of the most satisfying figure lines for me personally. Great figures at a fair price with lots of vehicles to put the figures in. Honestly it's everything I want in a toy line.
Please don't mistake my dismay it's not performed as the BEST THING SINCE GOD INVENTED THE ORGASM as saying it's a bad toyline. The items I've picked up have been generally really nice within a few ranges of tolerance; but there's lots of room for improvement to meet the overall same toy company's performance on another concurrent toyline. It's frustrating when the product suffers due to poor communication or management within a company, as Hasbro's long-running disparity between its various same-scale lines attests.

But holy shit, a MANTIS mech for $40? Nobody in their right mind could gripe about such a toy! The Banshee? The whole team of high-level Brute warriors we already have? So friggin' cool!

But yeah; WickedCoolToys can do better.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:11 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:14 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Please don't mistake my dismay it's not performed as the BEST THING SINCE GOD INVENTED THE ORGASM as saying it's a bad toyline. The items I've picked up have been generally really nice within a few ranges of tolerance; but there's lots of room for improvement to meet the overall same toy company's performance on another concurrent toyline. It's frustrating when the product suffers due to poor communication or management within a company, as Hasbro's long-running disparity between its various same-scale lines attests.

But holy shit, a MANTIS mech for $40? Nobody in their right mind could gripe about such a toy! The Banshee? The whole team of high-level Brute warriors we already have? So friggin' cool!

But yeah; WickedCoolToys can do better.
Agreed 100 percent. They're very nice, but not the best 1:18 figures out there. It's the idea of an affordable, all encompassing line with all the world building stuff we used to get in the Star Wars line that gets me. Nostalgia and what's cemented in my brain from childhood as what an action figure line should be is a big part of my opinion on this.

It's just too bad the line seems to be suffering with poor management apparently as you mentioned. I dream of getting a Scorpion tank loaded with marines squaring off against a covenent wraith on my shelf someday.
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:49 pm

I've seen the scraps of Wave 6 at 2 different Targets in Wisconsin, they're starting to trickle out around here.
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:09 am

Found wave 6 at a Target a little further from me, but gladly picked up Halo 5 Chief and the big brute guy. Still can’t believe these maintained the $10 price point.

I guess I’m SOL on wave 5 though, unless they show up at some random place live Five Below or Ollie’s for whatever reason. Really just want H2 Chief from that wave, but maybe he’ll get rereleased.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”