Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:13 am

september_death wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am
Where is that news coming from. I haven’t seen any talk of NECA Turtles ending.
Hey SD, I'd be happy to help you out with this query. You see, here's how it goes: Some random douchenozzle on some random website goes 'I heard this is going to happen.' He never heard that. He made it up. It's his own personal conjecture, often based on nothing, and existing only because if it proves true he'll get to be a guy known as having 'inside info' even though he totally just made it up. But saying he -heard it- from somewhere lends it a tiny bit more credibility. Then a bunch of other people, that should absolutely know better, travel around to other websites repeating the news as, you guessed it; 'something they heard.' Which, in this case, is true. They did hear it from somewhere else. But the person they heard it from has a Snopes rating of Flaming Pantaloons.

COULD it happen? Sure. Is there any legitimate source even whispering about it? Not that I'm aware of.
And even if S7 was on the brink of losing the license, that doesn't mean NECA would. Or the reverse, in fact. Because that's not how licensing works.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:44 am

KnightDamien wrote:
september_death wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am
Where is that news coming from. I haven’t seen any talk of NECA Turtles ending.
Hey SD, I'd be happy to help you out with this query. You see, here's how it goes: Some random douchenozzle on some random website goes 'I heard this is going to happen.' He never heard that. He made it up. It's his own personal conjecture, often based on nothing, and existing only because if it proves true he'll get to be a guy known as having 'inside info' even though he totally just made it up. But saying he -heard it- from somewhere lends it a tiny bit more credibility. Then a bunch of other people, that should absolutely know better, travel around to other websites repeating the news as, you guessed it; 'something they heard.' Which, in this case, is true. They did hear it from somewhere else. But the person they heard it from has a Snopes rating of Flaming Pantaloons.

COULD it happen? Sure. Is there any legitimate source even whispering about it? Not that I'm aware of.
And even if S7 was on the brink of losing the license, that doesn't mean NECA would. Or the reverse, in fact. Because that's not how licensing works.
Oh, don’t get me wrong, this is 100% what I was expecting. I’ve been around long enough that more substantiated fears would be blowing up in the appropriate threads, not 1-2 casual mentions in a a thread completely unrelated property
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:42 pm

:D :D :D

magik
Super Poseable

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:07 pm

Visionary wrote:
80's quality sculpting for 55$ in 2021.....
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:06 pm

Nope.
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:24 pm

Visionary wrote:

If true, I assume Super7 will receive them 4 weeks/a month after before shipping them to customers and retailers, so we would still be a month or 2 later to get them in hand after the factory ship to Super7?
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:50 pm

september_death wrote: Oh, don’t get me wrong, this is 100% what I was expecting. I’ve been around long enough that more substantiated fears would be blowing up in the appropriate threads, not 1-2 casual mentions in a a thread completely unrelated property
I was just being snarky, directed at people spreading this stuff.

As for why it's getting casual mentions in an unrelated property's thread: That's because the same people are using the completely made-up 'they're losing TMNT' thing as the reason for why they perceive ThunderCats figures are coming out so slowly: Because Super7 is 'focusing on TMNT, that they're about to lose rather than putting out more ThunderCats figures - a license they'll continue to have for a longer amount of time.' It's, you know... inane. But that's why you're seeing TMNT mentioned here.

magik wrote:80's quality sculpting for 55$ in 2021.....
Dude, what?

Like.. I'll sit here and complain about Super7 ALL day with you because they do a lot of stuff worth complaining about. But I have no idea where you're coming from with '80s quality sculpting. Unless you're talking about it being really good, because actually.. the '80s had lots of really good sculpting in the toy industry (just not the paint or articulation to back it up).
Lasastard
Customized

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:23 am

Gambitfan wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:24 pm

If true, I assume Super7 will receive them 4 weeks/a month after before shipping them to customers and retailers, so we would still be a month or 2 later to get them in hand after the factory ship to Super7?
I think it's been closer to 6 weeks from the boat, to arrival at the port, to go through customs and then onwards to customers and retailers. So my best-guess is:

Wave 3 "in hand": middle of September
Wave 2 "in hand": middle/end of October
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:07 am

I am so ready for Wave 2 and 3 of the ThunderCats. All 8 of these figures look great. I am definitely most excited about Mumm-Ra the Ever Living and Tygra. Got 2 each of those even to display with both heads.

I wonder what the chances of getting Wave 4 this year are? I know they are scheduled 4th quarter, but we probably wont see them until early 2022 right?
MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:22 pm

I’m so excited for Cheetara, Tyra and Sslythe. I wish I had ordered from Super7 directly because I’d get them faster but I’m just glad I have orders in for them at BBTS
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:50 pm

MankindRam wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:22 pm
I’m so excited for Cheetara, Tyra and Sslythe. I wish I had ordered from Super7 directly because I’d get them faster but I’m just glad I have orders in for them at BBTS
I'm in for a wait, too. I also went the BBTS route.

I ordered everyone except Pumyra (I have the Mattel version) and Captain Cracker (never really been a fan of the character). But even those two I may pick up some day down the line if they're ever on sale at a show. I doubt they will be due to the made-to-order system, but I just can't pay the $45 for either of them, unless Super7 surprises us with an extremely better face for Pumyra. The only other one I'm skipping so far is Pumm-Ra. (Oh, and I also skipped Jackalman and glow-in-the-dark Mumm-Ra from the ones available now.)
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:18 pm

For those of you who have some of these in hand....happy, apathetic, what's the general consensus?

So far I have been able to have some measure of self-control and NOT jump into another line, but these look so damn fun.

Very tempted by these & the turtles...
Lasastard
Customized

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:40 pm

Well, I think they are more or less on par with your average MOTU Classics figure. Same articulation, basically the same buck, the overall "production value" is also in the same ball park. Some people had issues with paint apps and so on, but my wave 1 figures all came out fine. Lots of accessories too - possibly too much, truth be told. Most of the stuff is still in the box, somewhere in storage. Just not necessary to have a gazillion hands, 4 claw shields and so on. But it gives you options, I guess.

Overall, I am quite happy. The price is rather "premium", very close to my personal pain threshold for "little plastic people". With the recent increase to 55$ I am going to fade out this line (i.e. become increasingly selective), as well as TMNT tho. It's just getting a bit unreasonable...
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Lasastard wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:40 pm
Well, I think they are more or less on par with your average MOTU Classics figure. Same articulation, basically the same buck, the overall "production value" is also in the same ball park. Some people had issues with paint apps and so on, but my wave 1 figures all came out fine. Lots of accessories too - possibly too much, truth be told. Most of the stuff is still in the box, somewhere in storage. Just not necessary to have a gazillion hands, 4 claw shields and so on. But it gives you options, I guess.

Overall, I am quite happy. The price is rather "premium", very close to my personal pain threshold for "little plastic people". With the recent increase to 55$ I am going to fade out this line (i.e. become increasingly selective), as well as TMNT tho. It's just getting a bit unreasonable...
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, price is the main reason I have not pulled the trigger on these yet (well, and a lack of space). I want a handful from each franchise which means I am already looking at around $600....yikes!
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:32 pm

OK, so I am weak and decided to pre-order the ones I wanted. Seems like I have time to budget properly for these...

HOWEVER....where is Jackalman?! Are they only reissuing Lion-O & Panthor from Wave 1? Did I miss the mangy dog?

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”

Recent Topics