General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:49 am

I’d like to get a Jack figure with 3 different heads.

Regular
Regular with neck gash
Green(animatronic version)with bone showing

Maybe David can come with a Mickey figurine.
Seasick Pirate
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:44 am

Let’s discuss… how would you want the David and Jack figures to be released?

For me, I like the three heads for Jack idea. Give him an extra set of hands for his “final form.” And I would like the front of his jacket to be a swappable piece; one original, and a second that is ripped and bloody. Not sure I need accessories other that his back pack.

I’d like 2 different Davids. First, in his red jacket and backpack. Give him an alt sweaty/wet/worries head. He can have Slaughtered Lamb accessories too.

The other David would be barefoot in the grey NYU t-shirt. This would come with an elongated sweaty/screaming head and a wolf nose/mouth mid-transformation head, and additional sets of elongated hands and feet.

The nightmare/zombie David head would be cool too. Maybe put that with the pre-transformation David?

What sets are you hoping to see?

I wasn’t expecting the nightmare mutant to be a figure, but I’ve already preordered a few. I know I have a prop TV with the Muppet Show logo on it somewhere… got a few months to find that now lol
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:58 am

I think getting into David might be too much...i mean...we haven't had a classic ultimate Nancy or any other human character from the TOP slasher franchises (besides laurie from 2018)

I don't know how neca would justify not having made that because "regular humans warm pegs" and now offering a random backpacker...? (Yeah most of you love the movie, i like it too, but figure wise he's a random backpacker)

I guess packing him with jack might be an option...but even then... I'm not sure it'll be a strong seller. Let's get things straight: he's not McReady or Dutch or a Colonial Marine...

I know i am gotta probably be hated for this but here it goes anyway: I'd rather jump into a second werewolf figure from AWIP than making human characters from AWIL.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:41 pm

Plastic0_phantastic0 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:06 am
Neca has all my respect...as far as i see the situation, they made some big money with TMNT and now they are going back to their origins with niche horror licenses. Don't get me wrong, i know nothing about neca financial situation, but i guess they can afford investment is this risky "minor" IP because they probably have a better financial position than back in 2015 when they were into cult classics and so.

What do you guys think about this?
I was just thinking about the shift in NECA products lines. I’m kind of upset by it. I really like NECA and want to support their business, but I dont have a place for a lot of horror figures. I wish they would get more licenses I have interest in (instead of McFarlane or DST getting them).
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:11 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:06 am
Neca has all my respect...as far as i see the situation, they made some big money with TMNT and now they are going back to their origins with niche horror licenses. Don't get me wrong, i know nothing about neca financial situation, but i guess they can afford investment is this risky "minor" IP because they probably have a better financial position than back in 2015 when they were into cult classics and so.

What do you guys think about this?
I was just thinking about the shift in NECA products lines. I’m kind of upset by it. I really like NECA and want to support their business, but I dont have a place for a lot of horror figures. I wish they would get more licenses I have interest in (instead of McFarlane or DST getting them).
I honestly don’t know what the last McFarlane figure I bought was. DC not being my cup of tea, Todd’s movie licenses never seem as precise as NECA’s to me. Combined with Todd often only doing a single wave and that’s it, it’s frustrating when he gets a movie line I want a complete cast from.

As I’m writing this, I guess the last McFarlane stuff I bought was the 5” Walking Dead stuff, which he switched scales before finishing several survivors and I still have a pile ready to sell.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:23 pm

supreme-d wrote: I was just thinking about the shift in NECA products lines. I’m kind of upset by it. I really like NECA and want to support their business, but I dont have a place for a lot of horror figures. I wish they would get more licenses I have interest in (instead of McFarlane or DST getting them).
Why do you see that as a shift? They've always had a steady stream of horror releases. Not trying to be critical, I too get bummed when a licence I want to see Neca produce goes to another company. Just curious about what you were hoping to see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:36 pm

NECA started out with horror licenses back when they started. That was their mainstay for quite a long time before they started getting into sci-fi and video game licenses, and then eventually all the properties you see nowadays. Horror really is at the core of what NECA is all about.

I get your frustration though supreme-d. I would recommend giving modern McFarlane figures another shot if they carry licenses you're into. The stuff they're putting on the shelves now definitely rivals NECA in many areas, they've come a long way since those old 5" WD figures (which I still have tons of I'd love to sell too lol). They still dont have as solid likenesses as NECA or Hasbro, but they are cranking out some great figures! DST stuff is getting much better too, check out that new Hulk they cranked out!
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:06 pm

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
supreme-d wrote: I was just thinking about the shift in NECA products lines. I’m kind of upset by it. I really like NECA and want to support their business, but I dont have a place for a lot of horror figures. I wish they would get more licenses I have interest in (instead of McFarlane or DST getting them).
Why do you see that as a shift? They've always had a steady stream of horror releases. Not trying to be critical, I too get bummed when a licence I want to see Neca produce goes to another company. Just curious about what you were hoping to see.
I dont see it as a shift for NECA in the grand scheme of things, but rather the ratio of reveals in the horror category as compared to others that would interest me (action movie, video game) is increased. Historically I know they’ve always made horror figures, but I’ve typically avoided those since (aside from Alien and Predator) they dont interest me as much.

In terms of licenses I’d like to have seen NECA get that went to McFarlane, the Bethesda line-up (Fallout, Skyrim, Doom), the Dune movie, Cyberpunk, Bloodshot come to mind off the top of my head. Heck, even Call of Duty is a disappointment to me, because despite my own lack of interest, I think NECA would have produced some excellent looking modern military figures if they’d had the license.

Ive looked at the McFarlane figures I see in stores, and even bought one as a gift, but I’ve never been impressed enough to buy my own. I may make an exception for the new Cavill Superman if it scales with other NECA movie figures I already own, but based on the track record I’m not expecting that. The McFarlane figures tend to have weird proportions in the arms, and the knee and elbow joints look odd when posed because of the kneecap/elbow pieces. Also, the likenesses never look as good to me. In terms of DST licenses, I think NECA would have made better Invincible, LOtR, Westworld, and Bruce Lee figures.

I guess it’s just been a NECA dry spell for me, so I’m bummed because I want to support them. Maybe the new Aliens: Fireteam game will net us some cool space marine figures.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:21 pm

supreme-d wrote:
FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
I dont see it as a shift for NECA in the grand scheme of things, but rather the ratio of reveals in the horror category as compared to others that would interest me (action movie, video game) is increased. Historically I know they’ve always made horror figures, but I’ve typically avoided those since (aside from Alien and Predator) they dont interest me as much.

In terms of licenses I’d like to have seen NECA get that went to McFarlane, the Bethesda line-up (Fallout, Skyrim, Doom), the Dune movie, Cyberpunk, Bloodshot come to mind off the top of my head. Heck, even Call of Duty is a disappointment to me, because despite my own lack of interest, I think NECA would have produced some excellent looking modern military figures if they’d had the license.

Ive looked at the McFarlane figures I see in stores, and even bought one as a gift, but I’ve never been impressed enough to buy my own. I may make an exception for the new Cavill Superman if it scales with other NECA movie figures I already own, but based on the track record I’m not expecting that. The McFarlane figures tend to have weird proportions in the arms, and the knee and elbow joints look odd when posed because of the kneecap/elbow pieces. Also, the likenesses never look as good to me. In terms of DST licenses, I think NECA would have made better Invincible, LOtR, Westworld, and Bruce Lee figures.

I guess it’s just been a NECA dry spell for me, so I’m bummed because I want to support them. Maybe the new Aliens: Fireteam game will net us some cool space marine figures.
they also have some mainstream licenses like The Boys, the went for Preacher back in the day...they are taking new chances, i guess...but everything seems to get them back to their main pillar, which is mostly horror. Historically, they made a lot of horror stuff before getting into games and later sci-fi (Freddy vs jason, Halloween, Friday the 13th, the crow two pack sets...plus cult classics line and hellraiser) surely, horror collectibles are in their DNA

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

PSPS13
Super Poseable

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:18 pm

If you're in the UK, the American Werewolf in London 'nightmare demon' is up for pre-order tonight (Comics & Cocktails and Toysarama so far).
Got my 4 confirmed.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:08 am

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:21 pm
they also have some mainstream licenses like The Boys, the went for Preacher back in the day...they are taking new chances, i guess...
I didn't like the Boys as a comic so I’m not going to start watching the tv show. That said, I’m glad they got the license. In terms or Amazon shows, I would love for them to get The Tick (or Invincible, if the DST arrangement would allow for it).
Detrimental_Fig
CROM!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:51 pm

My Walmart's doing some weird stuff with the NECA figures, they got the 40th Anniversary Alien wave 3 figures in, and they're all $10. They also put all the endcap stuff on clearance ($17 for an Assassin pred! Wish I'd waited...). Noticed that the Curry Pennywise figures they were getting have face printing on them. Though it's not a huge change from the initial figures in this case.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:13 am

They might have clearance sold that stuff at mine too, because those predators and weird color Kong were there for a while, then they were suddenly gone. I would have loved to get that one at 17 bucks.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:29 am

My Walmart moved all the NECA stuff to the clearance section, but stickered it at full price. They had a couple Predators and a bunch of BttF figures. They were sitting on some Toony Terrors recently but I didn't see those around.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:47 pm

I just picked up the Phantom figure today. Every superhero action figure should be on this buck!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”