General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:06 am

I love these figures, such an iconic and twisted scene it was...

Neca has all my respect...as far as i see the situation, they made some big money with TMNT and now they are going back to their origins with niche horror licenses. Don't get me wrong, i know nothing about neca financial situation, but i guess they can afford investment is this risky "minor" IP because they probably have a better financial position than back in 2015 when they were into cult classics and so.

And i find that movement surprising and actually very bold, honestly... because they know that McReady and AWIL will probably sell less figures than Donatello or Leonardo. They could've invested in purchasing a larger license to keep getting big money (don't know...rick&morty for example, or something like that)

What do you guys think about this?

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Plastic0_phantastic0 wrote:

Neca has all my respect...as far as i see the situation, they made some big money with TMNT and now they are going back to their origins with niche horror licenses. Don't get me wrong, i know nothing about neca financial situation, but i guess they can afford investment is this risky "minor" IP because they probably have a better financial position than back in 2015 when they were into cult classics and so.

And i find that movement surprising and actually very bold, honestly... because they know that McReady and AWIL will probably sell less figures than Donatello or Leonardo. They could've invested in purchasing a larger license to keep getting big money (don't know...rick&morty for example, or something like that)

Randy is a BIG horror fan, from what I can tell, so this situation if kind of like Mezco (and Mez himself). If it's an IP he loves, and he thinks it will sell, if he can get it, he will release what he can and the market will dictate how deep they go.

I'm sure the turtle money has helped a little in this regard, but with these lines, they can be sold EVERYWHERE, not just Target or Walmart, which increases the visibility of the line.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:51 pm

SalemCrow wrote:

Randy is a BIG horror fan, from what I can tell, so this situation if kind of like Mezco (and Mez himself). If it's an IP he loves, and he thinks it will sell, if he can get it, he will release what he can and the market will dictate how deep they go.

I'm sure the turtle money has helped a little in this regard, but with these lines, they can be sold EVERYWHERE, not just Target or Walmart, which increases the visibility of the line.
Oh yes, that's also a point...i wonder how much domestic market does neca have for their products...all your frustration with TMNT products, at least here in Europe they can sell them everywhere (so far...) We get them kinda late, but at least you can secure what you want.

Strange thing that target issue with the turtles...i guess that limits the reach of the line quite a lot.

theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:26 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:They look fantastic!!! However they’re sold (singles, two packs, four pack) I’ll take ‘em!

Just need Jack with swappable levels of rot now!

"1 figure w all 4 heads and loads of accessories
all in a kick ass ultimate box for $30"

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 pm

theflicker wrote:
Dr Baghead wrote:They look fantastic!!! However they’re sold (singles, two packs, four pack) I’ll take ‘em!

Just need Jack with swappable levels of rot now!

"1 figure w all 4 heads and loads of accessories
all in a kick ass ultimate box for $30"

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
That's actually the best way to get it for us..

Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:22 pm

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 pm
That's actually the best way to get it for us..
If I can be a pedant for a moment, it’s the WORST way for me to get them.

If you get a single, you have three extra heads per figure.
If you get a two pack, two extra heads per set
And if you get a four pack, perfect amount of heads no left overs!

What am I supposed to do with TWELVE extra monster heads taking up so much space in my parts bin?!?!

I’m of course joking since I can always buy a bigger spare parts bin making that a non-issue.

Can’t wait for the pre-orders to go live, give these to me NECA!
GuruAskew
CROM!

General NECA Talk

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:57 pm

It would be 9 extras, not 12.

It’s the smart move for several different reasons. They can charge you more for the extra heads you don’t need. They don’t have to do the discount they usually offer for multi-packs. Retailers will be more willing to buy them and the product appeals to people who just want one and people who want 4 or more. To them there’s no downside, to the consumer the downsides are all washed out by the fact that retailers probably wouldn’t be interested in this product in any other configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:01 pm

I'm going to guess two figures being released, one with two mutant heads and the other with two werewolf heads. Or one of each type. Then that is two guesses.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:05 pm

Since they have a Nazi soldier body, they could make Illinois Nazis variants and maybe throw in some Blues Brothers figures.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:07 pm

GuruAskew wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:57 pm
It would be 9 extras, not 12.
It’s 12.

Each figure has four heads, so each one has three extras.

I need four figures to have all four looks

4 (figures) X 3 (extra heads)= 12 heads
GuruAskew
CROM!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:13 pm

Yeah I’m an idiot

GuruAskew
CROM!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 pm

Sloth15 wrote:I'm going to guess two figures being released, one with two mutant heads and the other with two werewolf heads. Or one of each type. Then that is two guesses.
It’s already been announced as one figure with all the necessary heads:

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:20 pm

GuruAskew wrote:
Sloth15 wrote:I'm going to guess two figures being released, one with two mutant heads and the other with two werewolf heads. Or one of each type. Then that is two guesses.
It’s already been announced as one figure with all the necessary heads:

Ah, missed that point. Thanks.

Then I see me getting two as I'd likely display either the mutants or werewolves at one time.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:41 am

Did I miss the actual werewolf going up for PO?
GuruAskew
CROM!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:43 am

No. It seems like both NECA and SOTA seem to think these nightmare demons should be the first out of the gate in the AAWIL line.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”