Daredevil - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Daredevil - MCU Disney+ Series

Fri May 20, 2022 12:08 am

Variety reports it's happening.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/darede ... 235272299/

Also Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235150713/

May continue the Netflix plot.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Re: Daredevil - MCU Disney+ Series

Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 am

Street level crime fighters work well for a series but I hope to see him still pop up in the movies. And I hope for an upgrade to his abilities putting him at a level that can keep up with other heroes. Boost up the effects budget so we can get some swinging from skyscraper action and crazy grapple action. But yes exciting. I could keep watching daredevil over and over if they keep the writing good. Would also be great to see what characters could pop up in the show. I’m hoping for Matt in she-hulk but if that doesn’t happen then she-hulk in daredevil. The Echo series will be a good tie in. Team up with Kate Bishop since they have a common foe now. I think Charlie Cox will have great chemistry with anyone really.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:56 am

Possible Echo spoilers.
Spoiler! :
Supposedly it will pick up from where Matt is at the end of Echo, so unsurprisingly he will be a supporting character in that.
I'm hoping the other Defenders are at last supporting characters for Matt as well. I'm okay without swinging but definitely agree his stories are perfect for a series.

Another character I hope shows up, and gets a spinoff, would be White Tiger. Have the whole family in there.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:03 pm

This will be very interesting to see how much of the prior series they directly reference or allude to, and if they keep it closer to R than PG-13. They still have the "do we want to link back to a series geared more towards adults" issue if they keep it PG-13ish.

I hope we see Matt cameo in the She Hulk series during a trial or at a courthouse.

A DD and Spidey big screen team-up would work, as DD might be the only hero who would reasonably cross paths with Spidey for a while.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri May 20, 2022 12:33 pm

fac wrote:
This will be very interesting to see how much of the prior series they directly reference or allude to, and if they keep it closer to R than PG-13. They still have the "do we want to link back to a series geared more towards adults" issue if they keep it PG-13ish.
I'm feeling real certain that's all been answered by the simple fact they uploaded the Netflix shows onto D+ and added the Mature rating category.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 1:00 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
fac wrote:
I'm feeling real certain that's all been answered by the simple fact they uploaded the Netflix shows onto D+ and added the Mature rating category.
Maybe, but I think making those shows available behind an age wall is different than having the storyline mean that watching those episodes is needed to understand the current show. Lots of parents may not be pleased if a PG-13 DD is enticing their kid to want to watch the Netflix era, if it is overtly stated as part of the MCU. I think Disney will want DD to be in the PG-13 world of the MCU going forward and will treat the Netflix shows as an alt-universe.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 1:13 pm

I hope they bring back Bullseye actor-dude. He was really good.

I kind of want to see Melvin go full-on Gladiator with the same actor as well.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 2:00 pm

NETFLIX Showrunner comments on Daredevil continuing and names the new showrunners, so this seems to have moved pretty close to outright confirmation it's happening:

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/da ... #gs.0qxi4i
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 pm

fac wrote:
I hope we see Matt cameo in the She Hulk series during a trial or at a courthouse.
I do too. They're on different coasts, but a high-profile superpowered trial could certainly bring them to the same case. She is apparently spearheading her firm's effort on that front, and he's already defended one. Though... people may not remember that now, heh.
fac wrote:
AdrienVeidt wrote:
fac wrote:
Maybe, but I think making those shows available behind an age wall is different than having the storyline mean that watching those episodes is needed to understand the current show. Lots of parents may not be pleased if a PG-13 DD is enticing their kid to want to watch the Netflix era, if it is overtly stated as part of the MCU. I think Disney will want DD to be in the PG-13 world of the MCU going forward and will treat the Netflix shows as an alt-universe.
I could see Daredevil getting away with a much lower budget than She Hulk etc, thus a shrunken audience would be fine. It's something I need to remind myself too, but we're at a point now where worrying what people need to watch to be able to watch something else is just pointless. A lot of people are on the train. And I'm sure the new Daredevil season will be made in a way for people to just jump on board even with referencing/building off what came before. They have to do that anyway.
Mr potatohead wrote: I hope they bring back Bullseye actor-dude. He was really good.

I kind of want to see Melvin go full-on Gladiator with the same actor as well.
Absolutely on both!
sepster wrote: NETFLIX Showrunner comments on Daredevil continuing and names the new showrunners, so this seems to have moved pretty close to outright confirmation it's happening:

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/da ... #gs.0qxi4i
I took the Variety and HR articles as enough indication since they aren't... I dunno. I can't think of a flimsy internet leaker. 4Chan! They aren't 4Chan. But yeah, definitely more tangible.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 6:06 pm

I loved the Netflix series. A big part of the appeal for me with the netflix show was how edgy it was.

Im sure Disney will do something great, but there's no way it'll be as dark as the netflix show so Im expecting something pretty different. I'll definitely be onboard to watch it!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 7:20 pm

Probably not as dark but can still be good. And maybe they'll surprise us. but yeah, the Netflix show was one of my top go-to's when I just wanted to have something on. I was so glad when it came on Disney Plus, heh. I remember when it was announced and a lot of fans were upset it wasn't going to be a movie. I wrote an editorial on a nerdsite explaining why Daredevil was perfect for a long form television series and I was soooo glad I was proven right. Even if they do lighten it up a little bit, I'm sure it can be great.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Marvel Studios has to know how much demand there is for people to see Daredevil and Spider-Man together on screen. I wonder how big of a headache it would be to get a deal together that allows Tom Holland to cameo as Spider-Man on a Disney+ show?

Not that I need Spider-Man in a Daredevil show, I'm just thinking out loud here.
Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:20 pm
Probably not as dark but can still be good. And maybe they'll surprise us. but yeah, the Netflix show was one of my top go-to's when I just wanted to have something on. I was so glad when it came on Disney Plus, heh. I remember when it was announced and a lot of fans were upset it wasn't going to be a movie. I wrote an editorial on a nerdsite explaining why Daredevil was perfect for a long form television series and I was soooo glad I was proven right. Even if they do lighten it up a little bit, I'm sure it can be great.
And I agree here. I'm loving the long form storytelling for all of these characters. Shows of this quality for characters of this quality simply weren't possible when I was a kid (shit, it wasn't possible 5 years ago), so I really appreciate what we are able to have now.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:19 pm

I don't remember what Spiderman's deal is but isn't there something about how Sony can't do tv? Meaning he COULD show up in Marvel shows?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:41 pm

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 pm

No, damn, I looked into it and it's just animated. Sony still has all live action rights, film and tv

Return to “The Multiplex”

Recent Topics