Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:47 pm

JTMarsh wrote: As with most of your posts, you sound like the one most in need of a juice box. Don't worry my boy, people can dislike the things you do and even make jokes about it, and the sun will still come up tomorrow.
Man, is there egg on MY face. Sorry, man. I took you just so incredibly seriously, you see, because your competency at telling jokes is roughly on par with your competency at understanding and relating the events of a cartoon.
I mean, I was originally just having a go at you because you popped in the thread just to say something dumb, and it wasn't intended as mean-spirited. But boy, did it seem to get you a little riled since you decided to go after basically my entire existence on this group with 'as with most of your posts.' Didn't know you kept me so close in your thoughts that you remember 'most' of my posts. Because, honestly, I can't remember a single thing you've ever said before a couple hours ago. It's sweet, though. I appreciate that I've had an impact and I promise to take this responsibility more seriously in the future. Pinky swear.

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:I absolutely want more after this.
Spoiler! :
Full disclosure -- I've NEVER liked The Horde on any level. They have like.. one cool-looking bad guy. Maybe two. Hordak never impressed me. And I've carried since childhood this hatred of the idea of someone 'above' Skeletor in the hierarchy of evil dudes. It's like finding out that actually Cobra Commander serves Fidel Castro, or some shit.
BUT, I'm super interested in where they could go with the Horde reveal. And I'm wondering if nano-Skeletor is going to end up looking like New Adventures Skeletor, and maybe He-Man has to go into space to fight him, and gets some blue pants in the process? Smith wanted to make fans love Orko - that was a big deal to him. Maybe next on his list is making fans love New Adventures? Could be very cool even if I'd be a little sad if they abandoned Eternia so quickly in the show.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:32 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:47 pm
Man, is there egg on MY face. Sorry, man. I took you just so incredibly seriously, you see, because your competency at telling jokes is roughly on par with your competency at understanding and relating the events of a cartoon.
I mean, I was originally just having a go at you because you popped in the thread just to say something dumb, and it wasn't intended as mean-spirited. But boy, did it seem to get you a little riled since you decided to go after basically my entire existence on this group with 'as with most of your posts.' Didn't know you kept me so close in your thoughts that you remember 'most' of my posts. Because, honestly, I can't remember a single thing you've ever said before a couple hours ago. It's sweet, though. I appreciate that I've had an impact and I promise to take this responsibility more seriously in the future. Pinky swear.
This reads like someone possessed by the cast of "Mean Girls." Have I been "served?" Somebody tell me.
KnightDamien

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:32 pm

Jumping Jesus, are you still trying to throw down clever quips? It's embarrassing. Please stop. No one cared about your completely inaccurate hot take 'joke' about the show, and certainly no one cares about your pride being hurt forcing you to keep trying to prove how it's not. Just.. shush.

The boy and I started our second watch yesterday, and I think I noticed a little missed opportunity that I'm not sure occurred to me on my first watch because I was having so much fun.
Spoiler! :
Skeletor damns Fisto and Clamp Champ to Subternia. When Skeletor resurrects all of Subternia, he accidentally brings back Orko in the process. But why don't Fisto and Clamp Champ come back as well?
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:08 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Spoiler! :
Skeletor damns Fisto and Clamp Champ to Subternia. When Skeletor resurrects all of Subternia, he accidentally brings back Orko in the process. But why don't Fisto and Clamp Champ come back as well?
So I was wondering that too, but I think it's because
Spoiler! :
When Orko died, he essentially sealed himself away alongside Scareglow. So when Scareglow was brought up from Subternia with the Shadow Beast army, Orko was brought with him without him or Lyn realizing it.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:35 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Jumping Jesus, are you still trying to throw down clever quips? It's embarrassing. Please stop. No one cared about your completely inaccurate hot take 'joke' about the show, and certainly no one cares about your pride being hurt forcing you to keep trying to prove how it's not. Just.. shush.
Are the rest of us allowed to express alternate opinions or did your parents buy you this message board?
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:00 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:35 pm
KnightDamien wrote:
Are the rest of us allowed to express alternate opinions or did your parents buy you this message board?
Seriously, STFU.
You're just digging yourself a deeper hole while trying to sound clever. Walk away. :rolleyes:
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:07 am

You'll have to forgive me, I'm still adapting to the new eon of roided out sorceresses and catty men.
KnightDamien

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:19 am

You can always trust the dudebros to out themselves as fragile little boys whose masculinity is constantly threatened. You don't even had to prod for it. They just out and say it. Repeatedly. As often as they can find an excuse to. It would be hilarious if it weren't so cringey and obnoxious.
Anyway.. we get it. You don't want to have sex with the women in a cartoon and that makes the cartoon bad. You can go. Nobody cares.

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote: So I was wondering that too, but I think it's because
That's a fair point.
Spoiler! :
Orko did kind of make a point about 'when you brought the dead back, you brought ALL the dead back' but Orko could probably be considered an unreliable narrator in this instance. And how it all works is unclear anyway -- Orko comes back powered up, but maybe Fisto and Clamp came back as just more skull-head demon guys. But on that note -- when the good guys got all the power back, after establishing to the audience through Skeletor and Lyn just how much power they actually have... did they remake Preternia? Can they? And why does it bother me so much to think King Grayskull and the rest are super dead instead of regular dead? I want more Vikor, I think is what I'm saying.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:33 am

For those still playing at home my initial statement was that when everyone is turned into He-Man no one is unique anymore. The screed of finger snapping and head cheerleader mannerisms to follow indicates what people are eager to project onto others while still missing their point. That said, Fisto sends his regards.

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:01 am

I think you missed the point in that we're meant to see what happens when the power ends up in the hands of different individuals with different ideals.

How does the sword balance out the power? How does the power work on its own? What happens when someone pure of heart wields the power and how does that effect others? Or how about someone with a very narrow-minded point of view? Or someone who feels spited by the world around them? What does it mean to inherit these powers and does one have to abide by the traditions they have set up for themselves?

The point is literally to show what it means to be connected to Greyskull like He-Man and the Sorceress are and what it means to have all that power.

But sure, it's just "Everyone's He-Man so it's not special", post another unfunny gif, rinse, repeat.
KnightDamien

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:45 am

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote: I think you missed the point in that we're meant to see what happens when the power ends up in the hands of different individuals with different ideals.

How does the sword balance out the power? How does the power work on its own? What happens when someone pure of heart wields the power and how does that effect others? Or how about someone with a very narrow-minded point of view? Or someone who feels spited by the world around them? What does it mean to inherit these powers and does one have to abide by the traditions they have set up for themselves?

The point is literally to show what it means to be connected to Greyskull like He-Man and the Sorceress are and what it means to have all that power.

But sure, it's just "Everyone's He-Man so it's not special", post another unfunny gif, rinse, repeat.
Yep.
And I mean, regardless, 'everyone gets the power' is factually not true of what happens in the show. Not even remotely close to what happens, in fact. You'll never successfully explain to him why he's wrong because he already knows he's wrong. He's arguing in bad faith from the start. It's not about what is actually in the show. So you can quote the actual events of the show all day long and it won't matter. There's no point arguing facts with someone that's not interested in facts.
So the 'initial statement' JT made was wrong. Not wrong in 'I don't agree with that opinion,' but wrong in the way of 'that's literally not true.' And he's mad that he was called out on it instead of everyone getting a good chuckle out of his lame GIFs and unfunny jokes.
thor333us
CROM!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:03 am

Spoiler! :
You think you're poor atleast your parents didn't try to eat you. I thought that was funny.

How come teela can be sorceress and leave the castle isn't that the whole thing with her mom having to give up her family and be stuck there and skeletor told evil lyn she was bound to the castle after he changed her.

I'd assume preternia and any damage evil lyn did was reversed considering she gets a happy ending instead of being locked up.

I'd like to never see anyone tooth kiss skeletor ever again.

Also there's a prequel comic showing that squid creature in the cell with duncan and skeletor's possible origin.
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:24 am

There isn't a single thread about this show anywhere on the Internet that isn't completely overrun by crybaby snowflakes whining about...I don't even know anymore.

ANYWAY.

My daughter doesn't give two shits about what fragile man babies have to say about this show, and she's enjoying it. So keep bitching, y'all. Or don't. Who cares?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:26 am

Also, Mean Girls only works with, at best, *a* reference here and there.

[email protected]#$ breeders.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:37 am

I think I'm going to need to watch it again. On my first watch it mostly felt like 45 minutes of story stretched over 5 episodes. In part 1 each episode felt like a distinct chapter covering new ground. Part 2 never felt like that for me.

I do kind of miss a show where characters have singular adventures in episodes - even if they serve the overarching story. - rather than one long story chopped into pieces.

I did like some of the character turns and Lena Heady did a fantastic job as Lyn. I agree with those that said this was the best iteration of Adam to date. I also agree that Hammil's performance skewed too close to his Joker, and it was more noticeable in part 2 because there was more Skeletor in part 2.

Return to “The Multiplex”