Shin Ultraman

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Shin Ultraman

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:23 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Re: Shin Ultraman

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:46 am

I know not many will be interested here, but I'm extremely excited for this after how Shin Godzilla went. This was the director's other dream project so I can't wait to see how they ground something like Ultraman. The new design is already very "normal" at first glance until you look at it longer and realize how lanky he looks, it's great.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:30 pm

Having (re)discovered my love of Toku during covid, I'm pretty stoked about this also. I really enjoyed Ultraman Z and I'm glad they are making Ultraman more accessible outside of Japan. While I love a lot of the Ultra shows, I am looking forward to a fresh take on it. I hope we don't have to wait too long to see it in the US.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:18 pm

I'm experiencing Ultraman outside of the original series for the 1st time thru the new blurays (starting with the Showa era) and have been loving most of what I've seen. I never even knew there were more series other than the American version that came out in the 90s--which I never saw either. Ultraman was 1 of my favs when I was a kid 40 yrs ago and the blurays have reignited my passion for the franchise.

I like the updates to the classic monsters in this teaser. You can tell who they are, but the updates only improve on the original designs. Looking forward to see this.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:21 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:46 am
I know not many will be interested here, but I'm extremely excited for this after how Shin Godzilla went. This was the director's other dream project so I can't wait to see how they ground something like Ultraman. The new design is already very "normal" at first glance until you look at it longer and realize how lanky he looks, it's great.
One of my friends highly recommended Shin Godzilla to me after showing him this teaser. It was just re-released this week on blu. I'll have to check it out.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:44 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:I'm experiencing Ultraman outside of the original series for the 1st time thru the new blurays (starting with the Showa era) and have been loving most of what I've seen. I never even knew there were more series other than the American version that came out in the 90s--which I never saw either. Ultraman was 1 of my favs when I was a kid 40 yrs ago and the blurays have reignited my passion for the franchise.

I like the updates to the classic monsters in this teaser. You can tell who they are, but the updates only improve on the original designs. Looking forward to see this.
There are several good sources of free Ultraman. The "Ultraman Official" channel on Youtube has new stuff like The Absolute Conspiracy as well as the current clip show that premiered after Z ended (well, just previous 2 episodes at a time). Tubi, Crunchyroll, and Pluto have several older series also to stream freely.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:16 pm

The Figuarts has already sold out on HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/s-h-figuarts-shin-u ... -bans60867

Hopefully Bluefin imports it.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:14 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:The Figuarts has already sold out on HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/s-h-figuarts-shin-u ... -bans60867

Yeah, Amiami was out too. I'm keeping my eyes open for BBTS or EE also. Bluefin seems to be behind on a lot of things on their website. Last year they talked about getting more stuff from Bandai but it seems liked they continue miss out on a lot.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:30 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:44 pm
Mr potatohead wrote:I'm experiencing Ultraman outside of the original series for the 1st time thru the new blurays (starting with the Showa era) and have been loving most of what I've seen. I never even knew there were more series other than the American version that came out in the 90s--which I never saw either. Ultraman was 1 of my favs when I was a kid 40 yrs ago and the blurays have reignited my passion for the franchise.

There are several good sources of free Ultraman. The "Ultraman Official" channel on Youtube has new stuff like The Absolute Conspiracy as well as the current clip show that premiered after Z ended (well, just previous 2 episodes at a time). Tubi, Crunchyroll, and Pluto have several older series also to stream freely.
Thanks for the info. I'll add Shout Factory has various Ultra series and other shows on their site as well in different locations.
https://shoutfactorytvlive.com/tokushoutsu
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:47 pm

Mill Creek is putting out really nice Blu Rays of all the Ultra shows. Super high quality from Tsuburaya Productions masters. Very affordable too!
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Poe Ghostal wrote:The Figuarts has already sold out on HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/s-h-figuarts-shin-u ... -bans60867

Yeah, Amiami was out too. I'm keeping my eyes open for BBTS or EE also. Bluefin seems to be behind on a lot of things on their website. Last year they talked about getting more stuff from Bandai but it seems liked they continue miss out on a lot.
They've been pretty good with the Ultra series SHF stuff, and I know Tsuburaya is trying to make a real international push for the brand, so there's a pretty good chance it'll get imported.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:45 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:
Sloth15 wrote:

They've been pretty good with the Ultra series SHF stuff, and I know Tsuburaya is trying to make a real international push for the brand, so there's a pretty good chance it'll get imported.
Shin Ultraman is up on BBTS now.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:01 pm

Read where the movie is being delayed past its scheduled early Summer release time frame. No word on a potential new date.

On the plus side, we may get the figure before the movie now.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 28, 2021 11:17 am

In other Ultraman news, there will be a web event for Ultraman Sevenger Fight for US fans on June 3. In addition to the Sevenger Fight miniseries episodes being available with English subs, they will have interviews with several folks including the actors who played Yoko and Juggler.

https://ultramanconnection.com/

Return to “The Multiplex”