Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - MCU Movie

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - MCU Movie

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:39 pm

As somebody that doesn't like those goddamned Pops, is the chest 'V' on that figure telling us whether the new BP is a woman or a man? Do they give their women noticeable tits? I'm reallyreallyreally sure it's Shuri, Okoye, or Nakia but we haven't eliminated M'Baku out yet; have we?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:08 pm

Look at it this way. This is a post I made in the thread for the Legend wave, but the first spoiler is the Funko figure and the second is a still of a Black Panther character that I feel is pretty conclusive as far as who this likely is.
Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:01 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:54 pm
A new Funko figure gives a (sorta) better look at the new Black Panther.
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:22 pm

Well, shit; that does appear to make the issue solved.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:39 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Spoiler! :
Yeah, like I said over there, not my first choice, or second or third, but I'm willing to see how they get her into that position. Maybe she will win me over. Definitely requires a major journey for her to take that on.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
AdrienVeidt wrote:
Spoiler! :
Yeah, like I said over there, not my first choice, or second or third, but I'm willing to see how they get her into that position. Maybe she will win me over. Definitely requires a major journey for her to take that on.
Spoiler! :
You really think so? I keep seeing similar comments but Shuri was already second in line to the throne and the Black Panther title. I guess it doesn't seem like too big a stretch to me since, ostensibly she was raised with the understanding if T'Challa ever died or became incapacitated, the role would go to her. I assume she'd have been trained accordingly; we saw her fight Killmonger in the first movie so it's not like she's a novice combatant.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:55 pm

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
AdrienVeidt wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
You really think so? I keep seeing similar comments but Shuri was already second in line to the throne and the Black Panther title. I guess it doesn't seem like too big a stretch to me since, ostensibly she was raised with the understanding if T'Challa ever died or became incapacitated, the role would go to her. I assume she'd have been trained accordingly; we saw her fight Killmonger in the first movie so it's not like she's a novice combatant.
Spoiler! :
I do think so, as far as her character. The succession thing is still murky to me since, yes, T'Challa was next in line but still took on challengers such as M'Baku. Then there was when they had that last heart shaped herb... I forget who Ramonda wanted to eat it... was it Nakia? And I think she offered it to M'Baku as well? But never Shuri, even though she is 'next in line'.

And it's also one thing to have the understanding that you'll take over if your big brother can't do it for some reason, but an entirely different thing when you older brother, who is practically superman (especially in the eyes of a younger sibling) is suddenly yanked away. I can imagine growing up with him... she probably saw him as unstoppable, especially when he survived Killmonger. So to suddenly lose him, and now be thrust upon this role she likely never really believed she'd have to take on... that could be some interesting stuff.

So, while it may make logical sense, and maybe she has the training, I think emotionally... she has a lot to go through before even she is ready for that role, let alone others willing to accept her in it given her personality (yes she steps up when push comes to shove, but she isn't all that respectful of the customs and such).
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:55 pm
CTVampSlayer wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
I do think so, as far as her character. The succession thing is still murky to me since, yes, T'Challa was next in line but still took on challengers such as M'Baku. Then there was when they had that last heart shaped herb... I forget who Ramonda wanted to eat it... was it Nakia? And I think she offered it to M'Baku as well? But never Shuri, even though she is 'next in line'.

And it's also one thing to have the understanding that you'll take over if your big brother can't do it for some reason, but an entirely different thing when you older brother, who is practically superman (especially in the eyes of a younger sibling) is suddenly yanked away. I can imagine growing up with him... she probably saw him as unstoppable, especially when he survived Killmonger. So to suddenly lose him, and now be thrust upon this role she likely never really believed she'd have to take on... that could be some interesting stuff.

So, while it may make logical sense, and maybe she has the training, I think emotionally... she has a lot to go through before even she is ready for that role, let alone others willing to accept her in it given her personality (yes she steps up when push comes to shove, but she isn't all that respectful of the customs and such).
Spoiler! :
Oh totally, agreed. There's a lot that can be compelling about the spare becoming the heir. It'll be interesting to see how they lay out her emotional journey to accepting the role.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Spoiler! :
and I imagine that was why they're going with her. Aside from making familial sense, she also has the growth necessary. Okoye, M'Baku, Nakia would all probably slip into both Black Panther and the throne with a lot more ease, so their growth wouldn't be nearly as substantial.
Popoman
CROM?

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:41 pm

Spoiler! :
If the writing is good they could sell me on anyone taking the mantle. But this one is not that big of a stretch to me.
This seems like the kind of movie that will take itself seriously so I'm looking forward to it. Anything is going to beat Love and Thunder, though.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:07 pm

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:10 pm

CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:03 pm

That trailer was amazing. I got my tickets for opening night!
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:17 pm

These trailers are so very well put together. I don’t know how the film turns out. These trailers are advertising epic. The music/pace/images…epic. I am very excited for this!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:22 pm

Looks like the cat is out of the bag.....
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:17 pm
These trailers are so very well put together. I don’t know how the film turns out. These trailers are advertising epic. The music/pace/images…epic. I am very excited for this!

Thwipp!
Yeah, superb trailers! My ticket is purchased and I am eagerly waiting to see this.

Return to “The Multiplex”