She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:12 am

I personally checked out on this show. I gave them five episodes. Nothing has happened. There’s no hook to keep me interested. The comedy is boring. Sorry marvel, try harder next time. I feel like they are just taking for granted that because it’s marvel people will watch.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:22 pm

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:48 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 pm
I agree. She does so many fun little touches with her performance.

Also, am I mistaken or is Lulu Marvel's first character portrayed by a trans person?

If we're counting the Netflix shows Jessica Jones had a trans assistant in Season 3.
Also, 1 of the kids from Far From Home. Same year as JJ S3.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:58 pm

I liked this episode a lot (She-Hulk is so far the most consistent of the D+ shows after Wandavision for me) but even I had to google El Aguila and the rest. Those are some deep cuts.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:24 pm

I bet the writers did too. Which is kinda funny, having both the creative minds behind the cameos and the audience watching it needing to research.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:33 am

Episode 7……the Retreat….Should have been called the advance!

Damn I loved it! But I fear I won’t be able to appreciate this as I’ve poo poo’d most of the previous episodes. I liked her time with Bruce and Donny Blaze grew on me. It just felt like they were spinning their wheels with little whit. This one is pretty darn good.

Editing was bang on. This episode never lost momentum.

Dialogue was fantastic.

It propelled the story and it’s the next to last one. Right? There is only one more with the heavily teased Daredevil appearance.

The comedy was really good. I laughed out loud several times. Those characters at the retreat were funny.

The episode titled Just Jen didn’t reveal as much about Jen as this one did. I liked the time with her cousin Bruce too revealing and distinguishing her Hulk from his. I did like her co-workers reminding her she’s pretty awesome and to believe that herself.

The breaking the fourth wall moment in this episode worked very well as she called for a roll back.

Blonsky is very good here. I mean if he was playing a con he’s fooled me.

Josh was very predictable. I swear I thought I saw a puncture but that may just be me seeing what I want to.

That was a very good episode. It worked so very well.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:50 pm

That might have been the best episode yet. I loved how wacky the support group is, it'd be great to see them enter the finale to help Jen against the HulkKing (whoever that turns out to be).
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:15 pm

Finally a D+ figure I really want ... Porcupine!!!! Great episode; leaning into the Venture Bros and Tick like vibes that SheHulk always works well in.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:23 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:15 pm
Tick like vibes

I couldn't think of what that reminded me of. Ah man I miss Batmanuel.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:30 am

Yeah my fondness for the Tick made this episode so much better.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:56 am

Loved the episode and love the show, but one thing in this one bothers me a bit and I think I just have to go with it because of “the plot”.

I’m not quite sure how josh got her blood. We would have to believe someone wouldn’t wake up to getting pricked by a needle in their sleep. And hulks basically work like defense mechanisms. Banner’s “I put a bullet in my mouth and the big guy spit it out.” Jen in Jen form took a punch to the face from Titania and flew across the deck. Would break anyone else’s face so there had to be some she hulk protection there even if she didn’t turn right then. I’d imagine a needle prick would alert some response. But the plot demands getting her blood somehow so I guess we go with it.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:51 am

So far the show has been savvy enough to address basically every criticism in the same episode something happens or right after it, so it's quite possible that they'll get back to this needle thing once Jen confronts those dudes.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:00 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:So far the show has been savvy enough to address basically every criticism in the same episode something happens or right after it, so it's quite possible that they'll get back to this needle thing once Jen confronts those dudes.
For sure, it was the very end scene so maybe there will be something on it in the next episode.

I meant to add another defense mechanism point to my previous post where the only reason banner got hurt and bled in the first episode was he was wearing the inhibitor so hulk couldn’t keep him from getting hurt. The inhibitor exists and has been a recurring plot device so it could involve that. But currently I still side with any normal person would wake up to a needle prick.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:14 pm

Maybe he extracted it another way. but yeah, having it at the end of the episode feels like a cliffhanger to be resolved in a future episode.
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:03 am

He probably just took a used tampon out of the trash.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:08 am

omg

Return to “The Multiplex”