Official Marvel Cinematic Universe thread

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Marvel Cinematic Universe thread

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:11 pm

I agree with you fac - I prefer the characterization of Reed Richards as hyperintelligent and preoccupied with his work to the point where he's sometimes oblivious, but not where he's arrogant and intolerable. The whole modern notion of Reed somehow being a more unlikable/borderline villainous character than Doom is asinine. A treatment that Mark Waid wrote for the Fantastic Four for his run that he did with Mike Wieringo was published in one of the collected editions that absolutely nailed the 4, their individual dynamics, and Doom. I'd love for that to be influential in how they approach them in the MCU.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:08 am

https://www.cinemablend.com/interviews/ ... -be-pumped

Feige confirms that IF Daredevil returns, it will be Charlie Cox.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:26 am

Dear god; no Seth Rogen as Ben Grimm.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:30 am

It sounds like the Netflix-verse will be a parallel universe. And in the MCU..Charlie Cox, D'onofrio, Bernthal, Ritter and Colter will be playing alternate versions of their previous characters.

Perhaps Danny Rand will be dead in the MCU, and the Asian Iron Fist, being introduced in the comics, will take the mantle.
DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:26 am
Dear god; no Seth Rogen as Ben Grimm.
Where'd you hear that? That'd be awesome.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:21 am

I still think Finn Jones was underrated, and the bad in both seasons of Iron Fist was better than the complete downturn both seasons of Luke Cage hit halfway in.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:12 am

Rogen would be awful as Ben in my opinion. He’s pretty much a one note performer and the only thing he has is a naturally gravelly voice. Nothing else about him says Ben to me. Needs to be someone with an NY accent.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:19 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Rogen would be awful as Ben in my opinion. He’s pretty much a one note performer and the only thing he has is a naturally gravelly voice. Nothing else about him says Ben to me. Needs to be someone with an NY accent.
That's not opinion, It's fact.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:29 pm

He is at least Jewish, so he's got that going for him.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:24 pm

DerRabbi wrote:

Also, I think of Ben, despite being grumpy, as a predominantly optimistic, genuine fellow. I know we're talking about actors, but Seth Rogen is a total asshole.
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Unless the MCU is taking Uncle Ben down the stoner uncle path I can’t see them really considering Seth Rogen as Uncle Ben. Uncle Ben’s new words of dying wisdom will be with every great puff comes a slow exhale…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Find the DC fan in the thread.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:59 pm

CO_Alex wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:03 pm
Unless the MCU is taking Uncle Ben down the stoner uncle path I can’t see them really considering Seth Rogen as Uncle Ben. Uncle Ben’s new words of dying wisdom will be with every great puff comes a slow exhale…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were Talking Ben Grimm not Uncle Ben
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:02 pm

Well ... Franklin's Uncle Ben. I have no opinion on him as a person. People put way too much into that. I have news for everyone; we don't know any of these people and very few of them are who they appear to be. RDJ and Chris Pratt seem to be unpleasant people .... key word being "seem". We don't really know anything about them.

I think Rogen is a very limited actor and most importantly not particularly funny. He was fine in Freaks and Geeks; that was a long time ago. The NY accent is more important than the grumble for Ben. They can figure out the grumble. Ben without a NY accent is like Bugs Bunny without his Brooklyn/Bronx one. It doesn't work. Ben is a lovable curmudgeon not a man baby. Rogen is vaguely ok at playing the man baby.

My Johnny and Ben dream casting is Joe Keery as Johnny and comedian and voice over artist Tom Scharpling doing the voice of a CGI Ben. For those who don't know Scharpling is a long time comedy writer and voiceover artist and a world class New Jersey curmudgeon. Not exactly a lower East side accent but I'm not sure a lower East side accent says the same thing now it did in 1960. I do have doubts he has the pure acting chops to do it and I'd want to screen test him alot. He's the voice of Greg Universe and has appeared on the Simpsons and written for shows like WWDITS.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:31 pm

I'd love it if the first MCU FF movie wasn't an origin story. Start it with them in the heart of some gigantic adventure. Start it with Reed trying to talk Galactus out of eating a planet. Anything but an origin story.

And yes, keep Seth Rogen out of anything I actually want to watch.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:35 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:02 pm
Joe Keery
I am sold on that one.

Return to “The Multiplex”