Andor- Disney + Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
GrumpyMatt
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Andor- Disney + Series

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:02 pm

Aleks wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:32 am
Oh look! It's Star Wars show that doesn't take place on Tatooine or another boring desert planet.

Yes, it's was slow, I guess... Yes, there wasn't any stupid eastereggs, cool action with Darth Vader or lightsabers, or other things some Star Wars fans wanted to see (for some reason). I hope it stays that way, honestly. A little more action wouldn't hurt, though. But this show was already better directed and acted than that awful rushed "Old man Ben" show I hope to forget soon. Which is just weird, given the importance of that character.

It's too early to tell, of course and it can get worse. Hope not, It's been awhile since we had a good Star Wars show...
Couldn't agree more — especially on the directing and acting. It was a very promising start.
Yo.
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:09 pm

I'm in the minority on this but I genuinely didn't like the "human with dark features" line about Andor.

Initially I thought they meant his shady attitude but then they tied it with his Kenari background & I understand the significance of creating real life parallels but it felt like it didn't belong in the universe & even some of the casting on both sides of the conflict had diverse characters so it felt redundant.

Nothing to throw a hissy fit about, it just caught me off guard, like Diego Luna is whiter than me. :lol:

They should have added subtitles to the flashbacks so we can relate & understand his planet's history in the grand storyline.

Episodes 3 turned it around & like the others pointed out the acting was amazing, I loved how Alex Ferns brought the best in Kyle Soller whenever they were on screen together.

You felt his pain & anger at the end.

Skarsgard, Shaw, Arjona all brought their A game so I'm excited for the remaining 9 episodes.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:18 am

This show is actually kinda good. It’s well written and isn’t full of stupid coincidences. What a breath of fresh air.
PresidentJuggernaut
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:48 pm

It's good, and I don't think we've seen anything yet. I like the tone, I hope this maintains a sort of "John le Carré Star Wars" tone. I don't know why the first three were even broken up, and not presented as one long pilot. The end points were completely arbitrary, and didn't have any sort of natural ending until the final scene, with adult Cassian flying off with Luthen mirroring kid Cassian flying off with Maarva. There's no need to try and follow some rule or format of traditional TV, they can present it as they like.

Anyone whining about it not having enough "Star Warsy" stuff at this point, it's intentional. We are starting very far from where we usually see Star Wars stories, and are moving toward it. This show will have plenty of stormtroopers and whatnot. I think Karn will remain as his foil, too ambitious to remain with local security, I'm sure Andor will face him again as an Imperial officer. Just like Andor, he starts far from major galactic affairs, and gets to join the big leagues.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:41 am

I agree these are meant to watch together. I could watch hours and hours of this type of Star Wars story. Episode four is so well done.

I like my heroic stories for sure. I eat up these type of stories. This cast is kicking serious butt. Their dialogue is engaging, revealing, and compelling. Even though I know certain characters do not die, I feel the stakes. I get the danger they are in.

This is just so darn good!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PresidentJuggernaut
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:40 pm

Really liked Episode 4. Loved the cloak and dagger elements of the young Rebellion. Loved the insight into the fascist bureaucracy of the Empire. We don't need major action scenes in every episode, seems like we're building to something special with the Imperial payroll heist.

Who do we think Mon Mothma wants to bring into their circle? My first part is Bail organa. Part of me thinks they would already be working together on Rebellion matters, part of me thinks the rebels are still pretty siloed and splintered at this point. They're definitely Senate allies and know they both have anti-Empire sentiments, but they may not be sharing their clandestine, nakedly seditious activities yet.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:40 pm

PresidentJuggernaut wrote:
Really liked Episode 4. Loved the cloak and dagger elements of the young Rebellion. Loved the insight into the fascist bureaucracy of the Empire. We don't need major action scenes in every episode, seems like we're building to something special with the Imperial payroll heist.

Who do we think Mon Mothma wants to bring into their circle? My first part is Bail organa. Part of me thinks they would already be working together on Rebellion matters, part of me thinks the rebels are still pretty siloed and splintered at this point. They're definitely Senate allies and know they both have anti-Empire sentiments, but they may not be sharing their clandestine, nakedly seditious activities yet.

I would figure there has to be a little more structure in place by this time. Being only 5 years BBY, it would seem like a lot to go from all independent freedom fighters to the Rebellion we see in Rogue One and later seasons of Rebels in just a couple of years.
PresidentJuggernaut
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:18 pm

sepster wrote:

I would figure there has to be a little more structure in place by this time. Being only 5 years BBY, it would seem like a lot to go from all independent freedom fighters to the Rebellion we see in Rogue One and later seasons of Rebels in just a couple of years.
I think there is a lot of structure, it just isn't very unified. I theorize this is taking place just before Rebels, and if it is Organa that Mon Mothma wants to bring into her secrets, we will see them start to work toward more unification for the Rebellion. Which we still see happening through the run of Star Wars Rebels. And then you see in Rogue One that there are still factions, like Saw Gererra's Partisans, that are not part of the Rebel Alliance.

There's that bit in the original opening crawl about how "Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire." Everything happening with the Rebellion up until Rogue One seems to have been more local and not taken too seriously by the Imperials. I think the destruction of the Death Star is the end of most splinter groups, it buys the Rebel Alliance a lot of legitimacy and more open support.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:17 pm

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:18 pm
sepster wrote:

I think there is a lot of structure, it just isn't very unified. I theorize this is taking place just before Rebels, and if it is Organa that Mon Mothma wants to bring into her secrets, we will see them start to work toward more unification for the Rebellion. Which we still see happening through the run of Star Wars Rebels. And then you see in Rogue One that there are still factions, like Saw Gererra's Partisans, that are not part of the Rebel Alliance.

There's that bit in the original opening crawl about how "Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire." Everything happening with the Rebellion up until Rogue One seems to have been more local and not taken too seriously by the Imperials. I think the destruction of the Death Star is the end of most splinter groups, it buys the Rebel Alliance a lot of legitimacy and more open support.

That all sounds pretty good. And the start of this series is taking place at the exact same time as the start of the Rebels TV series (5BBY).
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:19 pm

Wasn't the plan for this show to originally be five seasons? I wonder if one thing they intended to show was Leia, since Vivien Lyra Blair would have reached the right age by then.
PresidentJuggernaut
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:41 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:19 pm
Wasn't the plan for this show to originally be five seasons? I wonder if one thing they intended to show was Leia, since Vivien Lyra Blair would have reached the right age by then.
There was talk of five seasons, one covering a year leading up to Rogue One, but they condensed it to two, with season 2 having some time jumps.It get's mentioned in this interview: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/ ... 234597770/
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:43 pm

Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if the show would cover the whole gap or remain in 5 BBY.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:48 pm

Loved the fourth episode! This show is fantastic. Great acting all around. Really looking forward to the next episode to see the heist.

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:42 pm

The purple robes he put on were making me think he was one of those Imperial Dignitaries Palpatine had in RotJ; and now I wanna know just who the hell those guys were and what their job was. Palps isn't the type to tolerate hangers-on or value other's advice.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:03 am

Episode six.

Man that was good.

I am curious to see where they go from here. The heist story is told. Where does it go from here? There us still the ex-security guy and his obsession with Cassian. There is his hunt for his sister. Luthen has to have more story. It’s just wide open.

Cassian is very much Cassian in this. He reacted as I would excpect all the way to the end of this episode.

The Eye was a sight to see.

Good stuff!

Thwipp!

Return to “The Multiplex”