Marvel Legends Deluxe Blob

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Blob

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:18 pm

Weren't Mojo and Modok both the same price? Why is everyone so surprised?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:31 pm

Hasbro is just going the Ticketmaster route. You can’t make money on the secondary market if they start charging the price of the secondary market.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:22 am

StjJames wrote:
Why indeed.
Popoman
CROM?

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:27 am

StjJames wrote:
I think they were expecting them to be similar in price to the retro carded Apocalypse or Rhino. I never thought that would be the case, considering those are mostly re-use and this is all new.

I don't like it but I am also not surprised by it.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:01 am

The price was what I was more or less expecting. Less would be nice. I much prefer this price over a BAF wave. I wish Khonshu was sold like this.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:08 am

I was thinking this (and likewise Ronan) would fall in-between the retro card and deluxe price points, like the 20th Anniversary Hulk that was $45.

To me there was more to MODOK and Mojo in terms of sculpt and design and paint that justified those being deluxe and double a typical figure. Blob is bulkier than normal but otherwise is pretty basic - which is correct for the character, but $56 seems to be a premium price, not a bigger figure price, if that makes sense.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:26 am

The price isn't that bad IMO. Unsure on whether I'll get him though since I'm content with the BAF. It's a great deal for those who missed out on the BAF and don't want to pay the high price on the secondary market.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:27 am

september_death wrote:Hasbro is just going the Ticketmaster route. You can’t make money on the secondary market if they start charging the price of the secondary market.
Sounds like it’s time for a congressional investigation…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:27 am

Blob will only be the third Legends figure I've been interested in this year (by a certain definition of "interested" in Avalanche's case), so I'm a bit more willing on the pricetag.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:31 am

Yeah, I was expecting this price. I sold my Blob BAF for $150 right after it leaked about the new one coming out, so it worked out well for me. For others, one way to look at it is you don’t have to pay $200+ (which is what the BAF was going for fairly recently) for a figure that was, um, offputting to say the least. This one will look great with the Mystique’s Brotherhood team that’s been making its way out.

Just need Destiny for V1 of the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:13 am

fac wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:08 am
I was thinking this (and likewise Ronan) would fall in-between the retro card and deluxe price points, like the 20th Anniversary Hulk that was $45.
If they are justifying this price for the all-new sculpt, Ronan better be standard price since he's mostly Colossus.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:33 am

I definitely prefer Blob being released like this rather than as a BAF. $56 Is a lot, but it's pretty much what I expected. One huge improvement I appreciate that this Blob appears to have over the old BAF is the ability to be posed properly and have actual decent articulation for a big character. That old BAF was limited to basically just standing there in one position and had some really funky useless articulation. For me at least, this Blob is a big, fat improvement.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:40 am

That's the price I expected. I will wait for a sale, though. If he disappears before he hits clearance, so be it. I'm satisfied with my mini Brotherhood of Magneto, Mystique, Toad, and Sabretooth.
SuperWeirdo
HULK SMASH!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:16 am

I’m surprised he’s so cheap. I was expecting it to be circa $80. At $55 it seems like a deal. Any cheaper and you’ll get what you pay for. The quality and size of this figure are priced right IMO.
TinkerersAssistant02
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:03 pm

Plus, you can see on the packaging that Blob is definitely labeled as part of the X-Men 60th Anniversary stuff, and the anniversary lines of the last few years have mostly, if not all, featured an additional just-because mark-up. So I'm sure a few bucks of Blob's price is due to that.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”