PulseCon 2022 Predictions

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: PulseCon 2022 Predictions

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:13 am

Do our guys have a panel at NY Comic Con, which is next week? If so, they might have some reveals there.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:17 am

toydollz wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 pm
Have we gotten any official pre-reveals that are supposed to go up on Hasbro Pulse after the con? I don't think so.

As a reminder, last year we got Retro Card Venom & Deluxe MODOK as pre-reveals, Animated Wolverine & Jubilee, 2 3.75" figures, 20th Anniversary Cap & Iron Man, Captain America 2-pack, Winter Soldier, Retro Scarlet Witch and Vision, and Baron Zemo.
The also teased Knull, Vulcan, D'Spayre, and Maggot.

2020 had Hellfire Club Collection & Logan/Prof X 2-pack pre-reveals, Hellfire Club Guard, Silk, Joe Fixit, Spider-Verse and Krakoa X-Men Waves, partial Villains wave, Deluxe Thanos, Worthy Silver Surfer, Retro Gambit & Rogue and Firestar.
There's been a long rumored/leaked Shuma Gorath deluxe release coming for Pulsecon
joedick
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:33 am

Apologies if this is already known but JayC just said that an X-Men retro wave will be shown, not related to X-Men '97.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:44 am

Not sure why they even have those live chats. Just turn that feature off. It's just garbage being thrown around by cretins. For legitimate discussions, people will go to their usual discussion boards.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:46 am

Just noticed the Indiana Jones segment of PulseCon is only 15 minutes long. Guess they won't be revealing much in such a short timespan. Maybe only Indy himself will be revealed?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:48 am

Ash Talon wrote:Just noticed the Indiana Jones segment of PulseCon is only 15 minutes long. Guess they won't be revealing much in such a short timespan. Maybe only Indy himself will be revealed?
I’m more upset ghostbusters doesn’t even get that much. The haslab was a resounding success; another prop would have been great news.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:00 am

joedick wrote:Apologies if this is already known but JayC just said that an X-Men retro wave will be shown, not related to X-Men '97.
Where did he say that?

If so, that’s a great surprise. I hope it has at least one of the team finishers we need like Feral, Hound Rachel, or Wolfsbane. A reissue of the Dark Phoenix and/or ‘70s Cyclops would be good, too. I have both of them, but the aftermarket price is ridiculous for such integral figures. Hope others can get them affordably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 am

thewyldman wrote:
toydollz wrote:
Have we gotten any official pre-reveals that are supposed to go up on Hasbro Pulse after the con? I don't think so.

As a reminder, last year we got Retro Card Venom & Deluxe MODOK as pre-reveals, Animated Wolverine & Jubilee, 2 3.75" figures, 20th Anniversary Cap & Iron Man, Captain America 2-pack, Winter Soldier, Retro Scarlet Witch and Vision, and Baron Zemo.

2020 had Hellfire Club Collection & Logan/Prof X 2-pack pre-reveals, Hellfire Club Guard, Silk, Joe Fixit, Spider-Verse and Krakoa X-Men Waves, partial Villains wave, Deluxe Thanos, Worthy Silver Surfer, Retro Gambit & Rogue and Firestar.
There's been a long rumored/leaked Shuma Gorath deluxe release coming for Pulsecon
Which was labeled as a MCU Dr Strange product IIRC. I'm starting to believe it was scrapped completely or they're going to put it somewhere else... Or it was never going to happen to begin with.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:18 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:44 am
Not sure why they even have those live chats. Just turn that feature off. It's just garbage being thrown around by cretins. For legitimate discussions, people will go to their usual discussion boards.
The fact that Dan had to actually had to ask people to behave tells me they don't get it.

They should only use Twitter and Instagram to post stuff and not interact with the "people" on there.

I really wish they'd bring the Ask Hasbro's back though. That was a better format for them to interact with the fans. I know those used to just devolve into "when we getting so n so"? But those questions could get weeded out as well as the Instagram/Twitter clowns too.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:36 am

What time do the festivities start on Friday ET/PT?
Demjot
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:41 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:36 am
What time do the festivities start on Friday ET/PT?
Whole stream starts at 10am PST, 1pm EST

Legends Panel at 12:45pm PST, 3:45pm EST
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:09 am

thewyldman wrote:
toydollz wrote:

Wouldn't it be "Gargantos" like in MoM since Marvel doesn't own Shuma Gorath?
joedick
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:31 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:00 am
joedick wrote:Apologies if this is already known but JayC just said that an X-Men retro wave will be shown, not related to X-Men '97.
Where did he say that?

If so, that’s a great surprise. I hope it has at least one of the team finishers we need like Feral, Hound Rachel, or Wolfsbane. A reissue of the Dark Phoenix and/or ‘70s Cyclops would be good, too. I have both of them, but the aftermarket price is ridiculous for such integral figures. Hope others can get them affordably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did a youtube livestream last night. I'd try to get an exact time code but by the time I get a chance the ML panel will probably be over. I recall he mentioned it early on and looking at when I posted it would've been somewhere in the first 30 mins of the stream. He didn't know which figures will be included.

My guess is that he got the info from a retailer and they will be going up for pre-order today or tomorrow, but that's pure speculation on my part.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:47 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:09 am
Wouldn't it be "Gargantos" like in MoM since Marvel doesn't own Shuma Gorath?

I never saw anyone establish that Marvel did anything around Gargantos in the film due to IP rights. You can easily look up trademarks online, and I could never find one for Shuma-Gorath at the Patent Office's web site nor did I see any person claiming it was a rights issue do it either. It seems extremely unlikely that Robert E. Howard ever trademarked a one-off Conan character like that, much less renewed it every decade as you're forced to do for trademarks. The typical thing I see articles about IP do is conflate trademarks and copyrights and gloss over how drastically different the protections for them are, and every article about Gargantos I read did exactly that.

We may get a general indicator about that today if Hasbro announces a Shuma-Gorath without using that name. Marvel has been using Shuma-Gorath and Conan in recent years so it wasn't making sense to me as to why they wouldn't use Shuma in Multiverse of Madness, but after the film came out the Conan licenseholder switched comics rights to a new publisher. It's possible Feige knew about the impending loss of Conan rights, and that Shuma is trademarked but it's hard to find for some reason in the Patent Office's online system. Usually it's not too hard to find trademarks there, but I've sometimes not been able to find ones that I know do exist.
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:37 pm

genuinely curious does anyone enjoy all these insufferable guest personalities they have on?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”