Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Maximoff
no more subnics
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:06 am

This is turning into the old what do you look like thread
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:09 am

Yeah but in the most fluid way possible
Gex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:25 am

Really haven't seen any renders that really look like the person it was suppose to capture. In fact, it reminds me of early ps1 WWF graphics. For 60, I think a better name for this series might be Hasbro Inspired by you.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:10 am

Gex wrote:
Really haven't seen any renders that really look like the person it was suppose to capture. In fact, it reminds me of early ps1 WWF graphics. For 60, I think a better name for this series might be Hasbro Inspired by you.
To be fair, we're talking about a 1" head sculpt. I don't know that it needs a higher resolution.
Popoman
CROM?

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:22 am

This is the best I could do. The hair options weren't great so it's a little long. My hair used to be that long, though

It's neat but not neat enough for me to buy. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:56 pm

Blingoman wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:22 am
This is the best I could do. The hair options weren't great so it's a little long. My hair used to be that long, though

It's neat but not neat enough for me to buy. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
IDK how fragile this resin is going to be (I have some resin pieces for custom figures that hold up well) but you might be able to trip a bit of hair off and make it work. I think the likelyness on the face itself is pretty spot on for yours.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:06 pm

EICzerofour wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:56 pm
IDK how fragile this resin is going to be (I have some resin pieces for custom figures that hold up well) but you might be able to trip a bit of hair off and make it work. I think the likelyness on the face itself is pretty spot on for yours.
I was under the impression that the hair are pre made separate pieces cast in soft plastic imported from a Chinese factory and Formlabs glues those to the head prints. Which is why you're limited to a selection of hair styles.
kltpzyxm
Super Poseable

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:16 pm

fletch137 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:10 am
Gex wrote:
To be fair, we're talking about a 1" head sculpt. I don't know that it needs a higher resolution.
I do not need selfie-series, for a 1" head sculpt I look like Admiral Piett. I bought a second of him painted the hair grey/white and the rank plaque to moff and poof I'm a Black Series moff.

Very happy with my action figure
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:31 am

kltpzyxm wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:16 pm
I do not need selfie-series, for a 1" head sculpt I look like Admiral Piett. I bought a second of him painted the hair grey/white and the rank plaque to moff and poof I'm a Black Series moff.
Very happy with my action figure
I have a similar thing going on. I'll have to wait a long time before they make my Star Wars lookalike though...
Vul Tazaene
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:41 am

Just tried it again and yet another dude that doesn’t look like me.

I look enough like the Masterverse Fisto head sculpt (with more gray hair) that I’m satisfied with that.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:16 pm

What bodies would y'all like to see in this series? I think Indiana Jones and a generic suit (like that they have with Tony Stark, ect) would be two great options. Also of course a Jedi.
ShootingtheGalaxy
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:30 pm

Between Selfie Series and Galaxys Edge, I can finally live out my dreams of living IN Star Wars lol

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:34 pm

Is that your final figure or did you superimpose the digital render?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:47 am

EICzerofour wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:16 pm
What bodies would y'all like to see in this series? I think Indiana Jones and a generic suit (like that they have with Tony Stark, ect) would be two great options. Also of course a Jedi.
There is a lot of GI Joes I'd like to see, but the bodies need to be fully covered up because they can't match skin tones to the head. That rules out Indi, Jedis or suited bodies.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:03 am

New email:

Just checking in with an update on your Hasbro Selfie Series figure! Your printed head now has a home… on its body – it’s all coming together!

Our team of Hasbro Selfie Series quality experts did their final check to make sure your action figure looks its very best. You’re getting this email because your figure passed the test and is looking AWESOME.

And now, for the final piece of the Selfie Series process … the packaging. Just a few ties to put in place along with all the accessories and this little piece of excellence will be on its way to you.

In the meantime, is your shelf ready?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”