Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:05 am

No they do not.

When the MU was on it's way everyone was telling me how many things they can do at that scale and this n that and I'm expecting 25th Joe's level of quality and the 1st wave showed up and I bought iron man, Spidey and punisher, I opened Spidey and iron man and didn't bother opening punisher I was so disappointed. They sucked!

I do feel they got a lot better A LOT and some were on par with the 25th Joe's. But the 2 things that bothered me the most is the faces at that scale were pretty soft and the MU was never going to keep these at a reasonable price on the same level as the 25th Joe's because of the Marvel license.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:16 am

My two picks would be:

MCU Endgame Giant-Man (who'd need to be Galactus sized) with a Hulk (for recreating the concept art "Fastball Special" Scott and Bruce were supposed to do) and 3 more obscure participants in the battle like Valkyrie and Kraglin.

Japanese Spider-Man Leopardon with Dr. Monster, Amazoness, and two monsters as tiers. Maybe throw in an unmasked Takuya Yamashiro head? I feel like Japan would back this. $350 for a 30" in Leopardon is nothing compared to what smaller Leopardons cost and you'd get hardcore Spider-Verse backers. Maybe make a re-do of Toei Spider-Man the early bird deal.
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:24 am

I'd like it to be used for a character I want in the costume I want that they otherwise wouldn't bother making or making soon enough. Why does it need to be just for super expensive stuff?
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:43 pm

Mildly off topic, today's WaPo has an article about upcoming Galactus figure. As you might expect, the tone is mostly "look at what silly things these man-babies spend their money on" and the comment section is far less kind. The one interesting point is that Ryan commented about how FOMO is part of the marketing strategy, knowing that if you miss a Haslab and want it later you will have to pay a bunch more in the aftermarket.

Anyhow here's the link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/comics/ ... ertainment
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:25 pm

Someone tell them George RR Martin would've totally bought one of those if he was a young man today.
Shoretrooper69
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:53 pm

Since the success so far has been projects with Toy Biz roots, I'd say for the next one skip over the big Apocalypse and do an update of the Walmart Wave Giant-Man. 6,000 backers for base offering.

If it doubles its funding goal to 12,000, they also make, on the same base body, the Black Goliath with the underboob window and high collar. Both figures get two extra swappable heads and four extra swappable hands.

15,000 backers gets 6" versions of Pym and Foster in laboratory outfits with various beaker and flask accessories.
(I was going to put scaled down 6" versions of the giant figures here, but those could be saved for retail or fan channel releases)

20,000 backers gets a crushed black muscle car that works as a weapon accessory or figure stand.

25,000 backers gets the coveted Super Meat Loaf accessory.

Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:17 am

Man do I want a Black Goliath. Both first appearance costume and then his second costume.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:56 am

If they want the next Haslab to be successful the most important part is that it has to be viable as the centerpiece of your display, something you can build your entire collection around. This things take up a lot of space and cost a lot of money, you gotta be able to put it front and center. You build your entire F4 collection around Galactus, same with the X-Men and the Sentinel, and most other successful projects.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:14 am

I'd be up for a classic Toy Biz style Giant-Man, but I think I want him smaller than the Sentinel, since I'm running out of space and wouldn't mind a lower price point. Curiously, what size do ya'll think he should be?
MrDucksJr
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:24 am

Endgame Giant Man seems to be the obvious choice but I have no desire for him as I purely collect comic figures.

I think a comic Giant Man is their safest bet but I really don't need one the same size as Galactus or even the Sentinel.

I hope they invest in the tooling for a 12" base body similar to Surtur and use it to pump out Goliaths and such through the retail market.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:48 am

Foom.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:51 am

A classic Giant Man would definitely work. Doesn't need to be the size of Galactus but I wouldn't mind it being similar in size to the Sentinel. Tiers could be a smaller scale Black Goliath, Clint Barton Giant Man, Erik Josten Goliath or Atlas, a 6 inch updated Yellowjacket, and a variation of one of Wasp's many looks throughout the years.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:27 am

I feel like Giant Man might be the only remaining viable option, as much as I personally would love to see other fun options like Fin Fang Foom, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:54 am

Probably my own fault for getting too invested in seeing the Hellcharger made, but the experience of this campaign has just really been the worst. I’d be quite happy to see Marvel Haslabs ended completely.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:34 am

I posted this in the Hellcharger thread, but how about all four Goliaths as the base and each tier gives you a character associated with him:
Pym - Jan in 60's red and yellow suit
Barton - Black Widow in 60's black fishnets costume
Josten - Screaming Mimi
Foster - Atom-Smasher? Dr. Nemesis? Hijacker?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”