Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Nothing
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:11 pm

oh, sweet. Deluxe Mojo for $41.99. That's awesome. I completely balked at the $132 price on Pulse so this is much better.

Don't really see what the problem is either. Just cancel your pre-orders if it bugs you. Seems like people are annoyed that others will get what they're buying in a more expensive package.

The box looks cool too. Every once in awhile Hasbro completely surprises me with something on the pegs that's an insta-buy for me.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:13 pm

. . . I might buy both Mojos.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:26 pm

To be honest, I don't like how yellow the exclusive Mojo is, and the mottling is not a big deal to me. The pricing is less than I'd have expected on the single release, I might pick one of these up just to have a Mojo in my collection. Would like to see some more in-hand looks at it first.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:38 pm

Damn, this really has me rethinking the exclusive. I've zero doubt Longshot will get a retro-card release. Basically have Dazzler, and it would likely be fun adding a few paints to the regular Mojo.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:49 pm

Nothing wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:11 pm
oh, sweet. Deluxe Mojo for $41.99. That's awesome. I completely balked at the $132 price on Pulse so this is much better.

Don't really see what the problem is either. Just cancel your pre-orders if it bugs you. Seems like people are annoyed that others will get what they're buying in a more expensive package.

The box looks cool too. Every once in awhile Hasbro completely surprises me with something on the pegs that's an insta-buy for me.
At this point there is just a segment of the action figure community that just wants to hate everything. It's getting old really fast. Yes, there are things to hate, but calling anyone who can be rational about why certain incidents occur shills or posting constant negative hate to feed the hate engine is just not good for the community. YOu can complain and not like stuff, but no need to exaggerate issues or attack others who don't have the same issues.
Mister Voorhees
CROM!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:01 pm

I actually like the paler yellow and lack of spots, it matches better with his original '80s look which is the era of X-Men collect. But I still want the Longshot and Dazzler, so I think I'll stick with the boxset.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:22 am

Given time to reflect on this revelation - both have their place in a collection. The 3 pack version with the Animated Series inspired stuff - right along with the new Apocalypse. The single release is 100% closer to comics source material. The pale green is actually a dead ringer from some panels that come up in a quick Google search.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:26 am

I’m liking the pale yellow on the single, but the detailing on the exclusive. If they’d made the exclusive pale yellow with the better detailing it’d have been a much better choice since the retail one at bright plain yellow might pop better on the shelf.

As-is the retail version’s definitely a good homage looks-wise to the 5” toy. I don’t think this is a bad release since it doesn’t replace the exclusive, but lets people get a Mojo without a larger investment. I’ll get both anyways.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:28 am

So it looks like I WAS right about a Deluxe Mojo so long ago. Add that to my FoX-Men prediction, and all I need is for crab people to be discovered beneath the U.N. building and I'll have enough miracles to qualify for sainthood.

Insanity's Peak
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:33 pm

The new single pack Mojo is great for me, I wasn't worried about another Dazzler or the Wolvie slug. and it looks a lot more like the old ToyBiz X-Force figure.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:06 pm

It's probably in Hasbro's best interest for the PulseCon set to ship out soon.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:38 pm

Sounds like a win all around for the customers to me on this one. Those who are happy with the single boxed version get him at an affordable rate. And in light of the cheaper option, hopefully enough people will pass on the exclusive set to drive some decent clearances on it.

I wanted Mojo for my ML X-Men villians setup, but had decided against the set with that price tag - now I'm happy because I know I'll end up with a Mojo in my collection one way or the other. :D
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgNg2o_I2I

Single release looks good. Unfortunately (for me) I think I need both - I'm pretty excited for the Longshot and Dazzler too so...
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:44 am

I think I need both too. Those bastards...
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:50 am

I'm cancelling the exclusive, don't need wolverine or a cardboard tv or whatever the hell it comes with

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”