Another Price Hike

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Another Price Hike

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:13 am

Marvelous News is reporting that we'll see another Price increase to $24.99 this year.

https://marvelousnews.com/252-30087?utm ... um=twitter

Not sure how I feel about this. When the figures are good they tend to be really good, but $20 bucks is pushing it in terms of value for some of these figs.

Probably has me slowing down even more than I already had, which I find a bit sad.
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Another Price Hike

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:54 am

This has me being pickier than I even was at $22.99. $25 is not worth it for Siryn who it's already been alluded to will be released with a screaming mouth later. $25 for Hot Claw Wolverine and William DeFoe Sabretooth? There's no way.

I think this will keep me from completing BAF's too. Ah well. It really has been a fun 20 years. I'll probably be able to pick up a couple from each wave instead of cases now.
Thegogglesdonothing
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 am

I understand the reasoning behind it, but yeah this will definitely make me a bit more selective on what figures I purchase.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:14 am

Yeah, I was already working on slimming down my needs so gonna have to step it up even more.

minitaur
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:23 am

I actually wouldn’t mind the price hike and it’s far less than the actual inflation I’ve experienced in apartment rent, gas, and food. 25% over 2 years is what I’d kill to have my rent only go up.

But the issue is reduced quality.

Why doesn’t shocker have the lines colored in?
Why was invisible woman’s face so terrible?
Why doesn’t Siryn have a screaming head?
Why did we get a weird mix of animated series and comic hobgoblin that isn’t either animated nor comic?
Why is Domino’s head sculpt in the 3-pack so mediocre?

The problem is quality has dropped. I suspect it’s because everyone’s been working remote. And they can’t fly to China for samples. And when things turn up crappy like invisible woman’s head, they release it anyway because the support chain is so slow that they couldn’t redo it without a 12 month delay.

On the bright side, Mythic Legions is knocking it out of the park. As is mafex DC comic figures. So I have some worthy places for my money to go in 2022 and beyond.

I’m hopeful hasbro will up their game on legends but I’m willing to cut back from 30 figures a year to 2 or 3 that they actually excel on.
Littlemidget312
CROM!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:29 am

So it looks like it’ll be just waiting for sales from Amazon or target
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:34 am

So, I will buy even less Legends? OK.
blobfrombeyond
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:48 am

Live within your means.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 am

I have 3 figures I'm planning on getting in 2022 so far. All 3 can wait for a sale or simply not make it into the collection.

If some absolute required figures come along I do see myself still biting as I just plan on offsetting the cost by purchasing less figures overall and waiting for sales on others.

My figure budget isn't going to change too much. I'll just be smarter about it or just plan on missing out. No big deal. I've lived without these yet to be released figures just fine. I'll get along just fine if I don't have them. It's not my job to support Hasbro, it's Hasbro's job to make the figures appealing enough that I justify the value and purchase the figures.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:07 am

Come on guys. They have to pay licensing fees. Disney and WB don't just let these toy companies make toys of their characters fo.......

for......

Uh........Hmmmmmmm..........

RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:51 am

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to circle the one with the BaF piece for $24.99? I mean, I know Legends has retro figures that are higher than $20 but gotta account for the Build-A too.

[email protected]#$ me, I just posted in a "But _______ is doing it different" discussion, didn't I?
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:00 am

The retro Spidey figs are $23 right now...with no BAF part.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:02 am

Like I said elsewhere, this may lead to me just buying new movie characters or major upgrades like the new Mordo. But I may be done with Caps, Thor, Caps, etc.
SDcomics
Smilies are my weapon of choice

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:14 am

I just got back from my local Target in east San Diego county. I bought Shocker and Sleepwalker. They rang up at $27.49 each.

54.98 bucks for 2 figures. Then add tax.

I've been with Marvel Legends since the very beginning. I was the first one to report finding a Series 1 Captain America figure at this same Target 20 years ago on the old RTM board. I was so excited, I felt like I hit the jackpot.

Now ... I got some serious thinking to do.
SDcomics
Smilies are my weapon of choice

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:16 am

I will post a picture of the receipt if anyone wants to see it.

Wow. This is sad. I don't know what else to say.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”