2022 Black Panther - Wakanda Forever waves

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: 2022 Black Panther - Wakanda Forever waves

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:14 pm

That character has the simplest costume possible. Hard to mess it up. And yet they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:29 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:36 pm
Another look at that primary antagonist.
Spoiler! :
DAFUQ??
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:26 am

Looks really goofy
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:39 am

yeah...
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:05 am

It looks like ceremonial attire. I dig it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JoshuaKat
CROM!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:18 am

I really like it. I'm actually surprised his attire is as comic accurate as it is. And the additions are great, they give him dimension.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:21 am

Spoiler! :
Wanna know something else about MCU Namor?
Spoiler! :
Namor's skin turns blue when he's out of water. I suppose they did this so he's always viewed as an outsider by Atlanteans and humans since his skin color is always different.
And Namor's headdress is a bit much. Hopefully it looks better on film.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:51 am

Costume/character spoiler:
Spoiler! :
I don’t mind the costume as a character design for somebody else. It’s a fine concept. But not for Namor. He’s the King of the Oceans yet now he has no ocean or aquatic theme to his costume at all. The original is super bare boned but it was fish scale shorts with a shell emblem on the belt. And comic Attuma had fish scale armor.

If they wanted to update the costumes, why not embellish with more of a water theme? Attuma’s movie look is better but still too real to me. I would have preferred more underwater fantasy.

Namor’s costume makes him look like he should be some kind of Aztec jaguar god. Cool look for a different character. Like it’s not even remotely hydrodynamic. A big headdress like that and robes and things would create so much drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:33 am

► Show Spoiler
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:57 am

Spoiler! :
Awesome. I had no idea this would be divisive but I'm totally ready for them to Aztec the hell out of this character.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:41 am

Spoiler! :
If Namor even wears that ceremonial gear, I bet it will be for one scene. I'd also bet on the bare bones look being the one they make in figure form.

I'm open to the Aztec/Mexica angle (and I say that as a big Namor fan), but if the entire movie goes by and he doesn't scream "IMPERIUS REX!" at least once as he's about to punch something, I'm going to be pissed.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:11 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:05 am
It looks like ceremonial attire. I dig it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Exactly. I'm a big fan of the look and looking forward to see where they go with it.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:04 pm

So 5 characters got promo art dropped/leaked yesterday which makes me think those may be the same 5 we see in this wave...
Spoiler! :
Namor
Attuma
Okoye
Shuri
Iron Heart

I dont know who else is in the movie but since those 5 are the first to get promos I'd assume thats who Hasbro was shown first as well. Iron Heart has a Disney Plus show dropping soon so I wonder if they'll make her twice in a short time frame. (Although if she changes suits like Tony did I'm sure she'll get plenty of figures) I imagine Ms. Marvel will get a second figure for Marvels. Although Wanda didnt for WV / MoM so who knows.

It looks like Okoye could be a straight rerelease since her costume hasn't changed much.

Attuma makes sense considering the movie waves are still getting their villians, unlike Disney Plus who cant get a villian made at all lol.

I wouldn't mind if Namor came with removable accessories so we can have both of his looks. But if 2 packs are even still a thing I'm sure they'll do it that way.

At the end of the day im sure there will be plenty more characters to make me wish for a second wave. Luckily the only character who I feel is left behind from the first film is Romanda but who knows if she ever had a chance. Just like Frigga hasn't.

Hopefully after Disney demanded Hasbro make a second wave from the first film, Hasbro will be proactive and make one this time.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:28 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:04 pm
So 5 characters got promo art dropped/leaked yesterday which makes me think those may be the same 5 we see in this wave...
Spoiler! :
Namor
Attuma
Okoye
Shuri
Iron Heart

I dont know who else is in the movie but since those 5 are the first to get promos I'd assume thats who Hasbro was shown first as well. Iron Heart has a Disney Plus show dropping soon so I wonder if they'll make her twice in a short time frame. (Although if she changes suits like Tony did I'm sure she'll get plenty of figures) I imagine Ms. Marvel will get a second figure for Marvels. Although Wanda didnt for WV / MoM so who knows.

It looks like Okoye could be a straight rerelease since her costume hasn't changed much.

Attuma makes sense considering the movie waves are still getting their villians, unlike Disney Plus who cant get a villian made at all lol.

I wouldn't mind if Namor came with removable accessories so we can have both of his looks. But if 2 packs are even still a thing I'm sure they'll do it that way.

At the end of the day im sure there will be plenty more characters to make me wish for a second wave. Luckily the only character who I feel is left behind from the first film is Romanda but who knows if she ever had a chance. Just like Frigga hasn't.

Hopefully after Disney demanded Hasbro make a second wave from the first film, Hasbro will be proactive and make one this time.
I definitely can see that reasoning being correct.
Spoiler! :
M'Baku and Nakia are supposed to return as well but if they get figures, maybe it will be in a set or exclusives or something. Ramonda is also supposed to be in it but who knows if she is even a possibility for a figure.

I don't know how close Ironheart is going to release to this movie though. It's still filming, until October, so I'm not sure this will be like having the NWH and MOM Doctor Strange figures in the same shipment from Dorkside, heh. But watch them announce at D23 that it's airing the week after WF comes out.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:07 pm

Spoiler! :
Seeing promo art also of Namora has come out. Sooooo....I need Namor, Attuma, and Namora. Maybe this should have been a full wave :(

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”