Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:46 pm

Blackestday
CROM!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:51 pm

cmoney wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:33 pm
gpmartin414 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:28 pm
cmoney wrote:Hmm, a lot of that sounds interesting, but really soured by the thought that MSRP might be hitting $30 by then.
Why do you think the price would be $30 MSRP for standard figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw a post in another thread here with a pic of a Black Series Jawa that was price-tagged at $35 and they said they'd "heard" Legends is probably going the same way.

EDIT: It was in the thread about whether figures are being priced out of the market. Our favorite leaker Jojo said he'd heard $30-$35 was a sure thing next year, and JPC posted the Jawa pic.
makes sense. action figure prices jump $5-$10 per figure per year while chicken, fuel and milk are going back down from their highs earlier this year.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:54 pm

cmoney wrote:
gpmartin414 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:28 pm
cmoney wrote:Hmm, a lot of that sounds interesting, but really soured by the thought that MSRP might be hitting $30 by then.
Why do you think the price would be $30 MSRP for standard figures?

Saw a post in another thread here with a pic of a Black Series Jawa that was price-tagged at $35 and they said they'd "heard" Legends is probably going the same way.

EDIT: It was in the thread about whether figures are being priced out of the market. Our favorite leaker Jojo said he'd heard $30-$35 was a sure thing next year, and JPC posted the Jawa pic.
I mean, it could happen. Would be a very poor business decision on Hasbro’s part, though, and meaningfully shrink the addressable market for ML. One way or another, inflation will be down next year — the Fed is trying to kill demand in the US to the point of risking a major recession and high unemployment, and supply chain issues should be fixed pretty much next year. What’s happening with energy prices in Europe and the war in Ukraine are wild cards, but can’t see any outcome there being good for demand of non-essential items like action figures

thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:00 pm

We probably shouldn't be basing future pricing rumors off of odd Star Wars exclusive pricing
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:03 pm

thewyldman wrote:
We probably shouldn't be basing future pricing rumors off of odd Star Wars exclusive pricing
We're not. They were two separate posts, as I indicated in the edit. Jojo said he had heard about the price increase, and then JPC posted the Star Wars pic as a response.

EDIT again because I cant' find any posts of Jojo posting advance listings (even if code-named) so perhaps I am misremembering that he has done it before. I thought he had a store hookup or something in the past.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Hooray for price fearmongering. The silver lining to any monumental leak.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Leaks are sure exciting for the fans. Huge year for The Avengers, but I'm not overly excited for what I'm feeling. As always austere looks on blank repainted bodies will dominate all choices.

Extremis, Ultimate Cap, Hawkeye, Destroyer all sound great. They just don't make anything I want for Spider-man series though. No Cable, but there's some cool stuff for X-Men. Depends on if Pretty Boy is a piece of shit like Silvermane or actually looks like he's supposed to.

And a comic I dig, like Hulk with Ryan Ottley would make for great figures but that's out for at least a year. Meh, mostly saving money, but if they give us new bodies to go with Vulcan I could be swayed for sure.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:20 pm

cmoney wrote:
thewyldman wrote:
We're not. They were two separate posts, as I indicated in the edit. Jojo said he had heard about the price increase, and then JPC posted the Star Wars pic as a response.

EDIT again because I cant' find any posts of Jojo posting advance listings (even if code-named) so perhaps I am misremembering that he has done it before. I thought he had a store hookup or something in the past.
I haven't heard anything from JTPrime about that large of a price increase coming on the Transformers side. I figure we would see the increase hit transformers first because of their annual package/line refresh and Deluxes tend to be the standard legends price counterpoint
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:22 pm

thewyldman wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:20 pm
cmoney wrote:
thewyldman wrote:

I haven't heard anything from JTPrime about that large of a price increase coming on the Transformers side. I figure we would see the increase hit transformers first because of their annual package/line refresh and Deluxes tend to be the standard legends price counterpoint
JTPrime. I think that's the name I was thinking of. I don't know why I had it in my head that Jojo was one of the advance-info posters here. But now I am wondering where he "heard" about a price increase from, if it was just like a Facebook thing or what. Not that I'd be surprised anymore at this point.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:24 pm

Yeah JTPrime mines alot of the inventory systems for new listings
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:32 pm

Here in PR, Walmart has ML figures at $30, Walgreens at $24.

I'm already screwed. :lol:

I'll finish my BAFs and hope Luke Cage and Iron Fist are in the Marvel Knights wave.
Crusher Creel
Avengers Assemble

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:57 pm

Lots to get excited about here! I’m hoping that Destroyer is big and chunky. He and Super-Adaptoid are big wants for me so right now I’m feeling good. ‘70s Wonder Man is a figure I never thought they’d make but I’m thrilled to potentially be wrong! Could an all-new Avengers Beast be far behind? Maybe that’s why there was no Perez head for the retro lab coat beast? Only time will tell. Strucker is another very pleasant surprise. For Blob I hope they go with a more solid looking bulk rather than the loose and disgusting Austin Powers character style they went with for the last one. I’m intrigued by the “super poseable” Black Widow. Aren’t all Marvel Legends supposed to be super poseable? I guess that hasn’t really been the case with female figures so maybe they’ve developed something new for them? That would be very nice.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:46 pm

Haha!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:24 am

I gotta say, as cool as most of Rek's dump is, I'm incredibly skeptical he recieved an entire year+ from now's list, down to who's exactly in the waves.

Even the ant-man wave which has to be coming early of next year seems a bit bogus to me between a 3rd ultron within a relatively small time frame for legends, to egg head and no Cassie.

The timing of his dates seem a bit off too, anniversary stuff has always been Q3 not Q4 and its really bizarre to know Q3 and Q4 2023 stuff when it just hit Q3 2022..

If true, this would be the earliest leaks ever

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:30 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:I gotta say, as cool as most of Rek's dump is, I'm incredibly skeptical he recieved an entire year+ from now's list, down to who's exactly in the waves.

Even the ant-man wave which has to be coming early of next year seems a bit bogus to me between a 3rd ultron within a relatively small time frame for legends, to egg head and no Cassie.

The timing of his dates seem a bit off too, anniversary stuff has always been Q3 not Q4 and its really bizarre to know Q3 and Q4 2023 stuff when it just hit Q3 2022..

If true, this would be the earliest leaks ever

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I don’t think he’s been wrong on anything really in the past, though. Maybe an individual figure has been shifted out of a wave, but his leaks generally have happened. He never knows the exact costumes for most characters or the BAFs, though.

As for the anniversary programs for next year for the X-Men and Avengers, it makes sense Hasbro is splitting it up probably by six months. It would be too much product on shelves at retailers and too much for most collectors to buy if it all dropped next August like the special anniversary programs typically do. There are like 20 individual SKUs (and that’s not counting all the MCU and comic BAF waves that will be out as well).

X-Men will be early in the year, and Avengers will take the late summer/early fall time frame since Hasbro started the program in 2018.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”