Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:30 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
TheCollector1999 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 pm
Yeah I’m still shocked they never gave us a updated time travel suits from endgame
i'm not.. they're fairly arbitrary and boring, and i'd wager the previous pack didn't necessarily sell the best
Combined with the lasting seconds. If they actually wore them through the duration of the heist, I could have seen them taking another shot at them. But yeah…I was ready to buy three 2-packs and two of the single Caps to fill out the team, but after seeing the movie there was no need.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:32 pm

september_death wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
TheCollector1999 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 pm
Yeah I’m still shocked they never gave us a updated time travel suits from endgame
i'm not.. they're fairly arbitrary and boring, and i'd wager the previous pack didn't necessarily sell the best
Combined with the lasting seconds. If they actually wore them through the duration of the heist, I could have seen them taking another shot at them. But yeah…I was ready to buy three 2-packs and two of the single Caps to fill out the team, but after seeing the movie there was no need.
Yup, they serve no purpose other than a stand around group shot

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:33 pm

Exactly same here. I feel like they wanted to get those out quickly before the movie, and it worked because the Hawkeye/Widow set seemed to sell out pretty quickly for all the people getting three at a time. No way they would have sold as well after the movie came out, especially given the inaccuracy.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:00 am

Rektangular said there is a 2nd Spiderverse wave coming this year. So odds of that October wave being NWH related looks very slim. Which again, is annoying from a collector standpoint.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:12 am

I think that the best/worst case scenario is we get a Spider-Men 3 pack in time for Christmas. It'll have been a YEAR but that doesn't matter, it took 2 to get Endgame Thor so anything can happen.

However, if they do this, I'm MORE than OK with them breaking canon and having the Tom figure be his Final Swing suit. I'd much rather get the brothers in their reds n blues all at once than a more accurate Integrated Suit. It was cool enough but a HUGE departure from Spidey looks and him being in a more classic suit wasn't just one of the many highlights of the movie but it would fit better in a box set for it since it was very much about the 3 generations of the cinematic Spidey legacy. So all 3 in their most comic accurate look just sounds great, fits best and also would look mighty fine in a box.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:39 am

e-rock wrote:
Rektangular said there is a 2nd Spiderverse wave coming this year. So odds of that October wave being NWH related looks very slim. Which again, is annoying from a collector standpoint.
How much more can they do from that movie necessitating a full wave?
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 am

They could do the non jacket miles and Peter Parker in his full on costume.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:33 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
Across the Spiderverse comes out this year. So whatever they want from that movie
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:47 am

e-rock wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:33 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
Across the Spiderverse comes out this year. So whatever they want from that movie

I totally forgot about that.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:16 am

e-rock wrote:Rektangular said there is a 2nd Spiderverse wave coming this year. So odds of that October wave being NWH related looks very slim. Which again, is annoying from a collector standpoint.
Theres not a second spiderverse wave. We just may get some sprinkled in ways. Like 2099 could be in a wave still with nwh characters and comic

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:43 am

We'll see. The time frame lines up with the release of that movie so I think it's probable
Valo487
CROM!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:25 am

My affection for the first film and excitement for the second are very high, but my desire for more Spiderverse style figures is so low, it’s a weird feeling. They’re well done, they just don’t go with anything but themselves style wise. Prowler is the only one I kept because he fits better than most, but even then I’d have taken Ultimate Prowler if I had the choice between the two.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:35 am

Giving Tobey Maguire Spider-Man figure to Target is like showing the big middle finger to all the fans who have been waiting for him all these years :lol: It just feels so disgusting and wrong on so many levels. We will see, I guess, if it's true. I already can imagine all the awful "[email protected]#$ you and [email protected]#$ Target" comments on the livestream. And to be honest...they kinda deserve them just for that. Also... no Andrew ? Man...

I hope there will be some better Mafex alternative for normal people. International collectors do exist, Hasbro.

Don't care abot Ned and Peter two pack. Hasbro can't get Tom Holland face right.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 am

Aleks wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:35 am
Giving Tobey Maguire Spider-Man figure to Target is like showing the big middle finger to all the fans who have been waiting for him all these years :lol: It just feels so disgusting and wrong on so many levels. We will see, I guess, if it's true. I already can imagine all the awful "[email protected]#$ you and [email protected]#$ Target" comments on the livestream. And to be honest...they kinda deserve them just for that. Also... no Andrew ? Man...

I hope there will be some better Mafex alternative for normal people. International collectors do exist, Hasbro.

Don't care abot Ned and Peter two pack. Hasbro can't get Tom Holland face right.
I would like to think that Hasbro wouldn't do that, but I just don't know anymore. Exclusives have gotten completely ridiculous lately. Essential and highly demanded characters (or versions of them) that shouldn't be exclusives, yet end up being exclusive anyway. I'm so sick of it. Sick of it to the point that I feel like I'd rather not get a Tobey Spider-Man at all rather than have it be a store exclusive of any kind.

Either way, I sincerely hope those rumors are false.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:08 am

Where/when did the Hawkeye/Widow Quantum Suit set not sell well? That set never hit clearance.

The marginalizing of main/major characters to store exclusives is a really weird trend, but it's harder for Marvel because almost every speaking character isn't a bit player but a star doing a short bit. Star Wars has an endless supply of creatures and small characters that make perfect story exclusives - but Marvel doesn't, because almost every character has a costume.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”