X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Maximoff
no more subnics
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:28 pm

Well that changed fast. Sinister. Weird choice. Deco is pretty not great on this one.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:30 pm

I think the deco looks pretty fantastic.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:32 pm

Definitely a surprise to see a villain. Sinister probably isn't the first villain people would have picked, but he's certainly deserving. The coloring on the render looks like magic marker, I'm hopeful he'll pop though when released. He had a lot of shadows on him in the show so he's a good candidate for this style of release. Box looks cool. Same height and width as the other two, but deeper so they're apparently not going with a totally uniform box for this line.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:32 pm

Well beast is back as a possibility with the thicker sinister package. Personally I wish they would stay uniform with the packaging. Going to have random thicker vhs boxes. Start the line with the thick boys and then the smaller ones will definitely fit for uniform packaging.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:33 pm

Man... I hate cel shadin on figures but still think this Mr. Sinister looks really great. I'm going to try to resist ordering it so I don't cave and buy in on this line.

I am surprised that Sinister is the first villain offered in this line - I would have figured Magneto or Sabertooth would have been first.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:34 pm

Couldn't have asked for much better with the "constraints" the cel shading necessitates. Nice to see a surprise of sorts from this line after presuming that Jean and Storm were the next reveals.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:36 pm

Ok so looks like we will probably get Sabertooth, Magneto, Mystique, Omega Red and Dark Phoenix. Would also love White Queen since she appeared on the show for a few episodes looking like the con exclusive.

Juggernaut and Sauron will probably be too big? Or who knows?
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:45 pm

No additional reveal in the details. Same list of characters but they forgot jubilee. I just think the cell shading could maybe be a little more subtle on this one. I feel like wolverine has the right amount and in the right places that it isn’t in your face. I like cell shading a lot, but there’s a right and a wrong way to go about it. Sinister isn’t awful. But it’s not great either.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:46 pm

Ok. So they're doing bigger boxes as well.. I don't love since I thought the boxes being the same size was an amazing display option. But well, it means we're getting Beast for sure.

I think they'll do the 8 main : Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Jubilee, Rogue and Wolverine plus Morph.

As villains go, I don't think they'll go too crazy. I can see them doing, apart from Sinister: Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth and Dark Phoenix.

Anyway, I'm not getting these since I don't love the shading but if eventually they have a nice extra head, I might get it just for it.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:02 am

Seems this image is the reference for the shading:

razzer99
Customized

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 am

Eh, I'm usually a sucker for anything X-Men but I didn't rush to preorder this. Not a fan of cell shading. And he doesn't come with any new accessories.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 am

No accessories at all listed for him. I’m not familiar with the 2019 release to know if any were omitted, but I wish he at least had a second set of hands.
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:20 am

Sinister was the main Big Bad in Season 2, so it doesn't surprise me they made him the first villain of this line.
At least they got rid of the eyebrows, that's what always bothered me about the original figure, so I repainted the eyes shaded, similar to the comic art & what this figure looks like too.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:21 am

Misfit wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 am
No accessories at all listed for him. I’m not familiar with the 2019 release to know if any were omitted, but I wish he at least had a second set of hands.

The Caliban wave version had no accessories.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 am

Anyone else notice that this package is "plastic free*" *except for glue and tape.

So I guess these will be fastened to the inside of the box? They haven't opened one of these yet to show us the inside, have they?

I don't like that the boxes are not uniform - I HOPE then that all the heroes are the regular size and all villains are that bigger size.

I appreciate that they went to the trouble of correcting his exposed neck area - but then why so little effort for Jubilee?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”