2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:58 pm

My Homecoming set arrived from Dorkside. I think Ned may be my all time favorite Marvel Legends figure.

This is my first blind package. Both figures come mummified in their own waxy tissue bag. The accessories come in their own separate bag.

So Ned is an all new sculpt. Likeness is killer. Articulation is what you’d expect. His entire shirt is one overlay, so that adds to his portly build. But the blank torso underneath seems to be set up for reuse. It feeeels like there’s a torso joint underneath, but it’s almost impossible to tell or to move because of that overlay. He has a hinge/peg neck, and a hilarious masked head and backpack that can be strapped to both shoulders or soft enough to use just one strap at a time.

Peter is nice too, I like that it’s a full civilian look. Should go nicely with Michelle. He looks like another entirely new sculpt. I like little details like how half his collar is stuck under his sweater, and how the shirt is untucked on the left. Plus a plaid print. His two portraits are a mixed bag. The neutral likeness is better, even down to his funny left eyebrow. The grinning likeness doesn’t look like him. He comes wearing his removable backpack, and includes two fists and a brown paintless textbook. He has very good articulation featuring a well executed barbell neck, mid torso pivot that replaces waist rotation but is more limited for ab crunch. He can still achieve a decent three point stance. Ankles are a front peg rocker with a peg that also goes into the pant leg for rotation. Really nice all new figure.

I’m glad there were no QC issues, considering the blind package. $56 feels steep, but justified by what seem to be 100% new sculpts.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:06 pm

I gave up on MCU based figures in my collection (for primarily space but also money saving reasons) but this Ned/Peter set is super tempting to me. There are just not many civilian figures made and so these guys can really just be citizen stand ins for any display. I'm tempted to violate my own "no MCU figures" rule for this set. Maybe I can talk myself out of it long enough that it will go on sale?
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:51 pm

Well it looks like my luck turned and I was able to justify both venom sets after all. Turns out there is a new venom king in black omni coming out in November on Amazon and I can get the whole book for free with points. For a complimentary incentive like that, I might as well buy the venom vs Knull 2-pack since I’m saving money on the book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 am

The Knull/Venom set processing from EE. I'm looking forward to this set and I will take a guess and say it will get shipped by this time, next week, lol.
panther10

2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:21 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:I jumped right into King in Black. I think the first issue referenced Absolute Carnage as a prequel, so I went to Wikipedia and read the plot synopsis to catch up. The synopsis didn't interest me enough to want to dive in, but who knows, maybe it's great, I'll find that out later, and go back and read that too eventually.
While I was looking through those omnibus volumes it looks like there is something similar happening there too. So marvel is publishing the main King in Black crossover that all about Knull’s conquest of earth and its greater impact across the entire impact across the entire Marvel Universe. But one week prior to that Omnibus being released, there’s another omnibus coming out that collects the Donny Cates/Ryan Stegman Venom run from #1-35, Web of Venom and Absolute Carnage. I feel like that’s the more important book to pick up because it sets up the entire plot to king in black and I’ll need to read it just for subtext.

Also is there just a limited supply of these 60th anniversary spidey figures that were received by BBTS and other outlets? I never saw my preorder process for the Future Foundation Spidey and the Venom/Knull pack seems to be back on preorder status when I went to replace my order.

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:16 pm

I got a shipping notice from DD that my Japanese Spider-Man is coming. Wasn't expecting that so soon!
panther10

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:30 pm

Forgive my ignorance but what shop is DD?

Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:51 pm

panther10 wrote:

Deep Discount? They are showing it as a backorder, but was available on 8/16.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:25 am

Blackagar Boltagon wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:51 pm
panther10 wrote:

Deep Discount? They are showing it as a backorder, but was available on 8/16.
Yup, DeepDiscount. I had it on pre-order awhile back, so this might be the first batch they got.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:00 pm

Gamestop.ca shipped my Spinneret sets last night. already in courier hands for after the weekend.

I heard they had a slam of things from Hasbro.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:41 am

Got charged for the Knull and Spinneret packs from Entertainment Earth, had Iron Spider ship from them, and had the Peter/Ned pack and Future Foundation set delivered from Dorkside.

So half the sets are delivered or en router!

drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:49 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:41 am
Got charged for the Knull and Spinneret packs from Entertainment Earth, had Iron Spider ship from them, and had the Peter/Ned pack and Future Foundation set delivered from Dorkside.

So half the sets are delivered or en router!

I pre-ordered the Spidey/Spinneret set last night seeing your post and today EE is processing the set, lol.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:13 am

After getting Iron Spider I would say there is a color difference on the torso and legs, but it really depends on lighting and I have to really focus to catch it in person.

In the below lighting I could see it quite clearly but it didn't really pick up on photo. The color is beautiful over the whole figure and has a pinkish metallic shade underlying.

But Hasbro skipping two of the joints in the mechanical legs is so cheap of them. Otherwise it would have been a home run.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:25 pm

Went to my local Target to pick up a few groceries this morning and scored these.

Quite a shocker (and a nice surprise) to find these at retail.

I was walking down the figure aisle and it looked like the same old same old that they’ve had the last few times I’ve been in there. I was actually on the phone with my sister at the time and I said “Man, this Target never has anything new I’m looking for.” At that moment I literally turned and saw these sitting on the shelf right below the hanging Marvel Legends figures. I was like “What the fu…?!!”

I had walked right passed them without even noticing and I was about to leave the aisle when I spotted them. I had to look twice because that new windowless packaging really threw me off. It makes them much less noticeable. And I get the feeling that I have to open them all to make sure they are actually in there. Anyway they had six of them, and I picked up three. My credit card took a nasty little hit, but I need extras for making comics. Then I had to rush home and quickly cancel all my online orders.

So check your Targets, because if I found them that means anyone can. (Trust me). Now I just need to find AF15 Spidey.
PatientMental
Customized

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:09 pm

Ninjak wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:25 pm
Went to my local Target to pick up a few groceries this morning and scored these.

Quite a shocker (and a nice surprise) to find these at retail.

I was walking down the figure aisle and it looked like the same old same old that they’ve had the last few times I’ve been in there. I was actually on the phone with my sister at the time and I said “Man, this Target never has anything new I’m looking for.” At that moment I literally turned and saw these sitting on the shelf right below the hanging Marvel Legends figures. I was like “What the fu…?!!”

I had walked right passed them without even noticing and I was about to leave the aisle when I spotted them. I had to look twice because that new windowless packaging really threw me off. It makes them much less noticeable. And I get the feeling that I have to open them all to make sure they are actually in there. Anyway they had six of them, and I picked up three. My credit card took a nasty little hit, but I need extras for making comics. Then I had to rush home and quickly cancel all my online orders.

So check your Targets, because if I found them that means anyone can. (Trust me). Now I just need to find AF15 Spidey.
Why stop at 3 you should have bought them all!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”