2021 Pulsecon Hopes & Predictions

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Pulsecon Hopes & Predictions

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:12 am

I was hoping Trickster Loki would have been up for order today.

Got the Anniversary Cap, Two Pack Cap and the Winter Soldier.

I just live in re-release central. 8)

I missed the first Winter Soldier but freely admit to being an enabler with the other orders.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:44 am

Best in show?
minitaur
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 am

I couldn't watch the whole stream and this thread has grown to 30 pages!

Can anyone tell me if the Sentinel HasLab was mentioned whatsoever, in any way today? Thank you in advance, my friends.
minitaur
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:49 am

panther10 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 pm
For those of you fretting over the cel shading on Wolverine and Jubilee, you should realize by now that Hasbro fully intends to launch an entire X-Men Animated series lineup with many different characters from across the show, right?
I understood this to be the case, too. But what I never understood was, why not either announce it in advance, or wait to have several figures to do a wave?

And of course I mean a 7 figure BAF wave of Xmen animated figures with animation cel shaded Wolverine doubled pack (no BAF piece) and the BAF would be the retro comic Rhino we've all been waiting for re-release :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:49 am

minitaur wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 am
Can anyone tell me if the Sentinel HasLab was mentioned whatsoever, in any way today? Thank you in advance, my friends.
No mention of the Sentinel, as far as I know. Certainly nothing about shipping delays or weak knees. Nothing about Galactus, for that matter.
Unless I missed something; I did fast forward over some sections.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:32 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:15 pm
The Legends team are constantly doing live streams year around with reveals sprinkled here and there. This is what the had ready to show now. Legends are still at the top of their game and only improving. You'll get your new figures/characters/costumes in due course. Saying you're disappointed is fine but the hyperbole and bitching is a bit much. The way people were in that stream chat was absolutely ludicrous and shows just the amount of shit these guys take from the community, yet still deliver and try to engage.

Seriously. There's a huge difference between being a Hasbro apologist and understanding that there are people on the other side of the screen. Criticism is welcome, but I can't stomach the toxicity.
Alpha Fan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:39 am

I'd give the Marvel panel a B for their showings.

Baron Zemo and Scarlet Witch with classic colours were the highlights for me.

I will probably but 20th Anniversary Cap but I still think the shield with holes was a bad idea. I am happy Toad was confirmed but I was really hoping he would also get revealed yesterday. In any case, I will purchase him unless he has a toad stuck to his hand like the Toy Biz version.

In Spain, Walgreens exclusives are regular releases and we seem to get them much earlier than the US so I have no issues with that whatsoever 8) Mandarin and Executioner would be great candidates for the line, just saying...

Regarding the X-Men animated series wave, I am not a fan of cell shading and I already have all of them so it will be a pass for me. The only one I could see myself buying is Beast if he comes with a non-cell shaded calm head.

One thing is obvious, Hasbro knows how to to live off of our nostalgia and I think that is a smart marketing strategy.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:20 pm

thekunk2075 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:31 am
yes and they gave him the snl what's up with that treatment. didn't even give the guy a rub on the anniversary line. is he still on the payroll?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now i can't stop thinking of Jesse as Lindsey Buckingham.

Anyhow, i watched some of the presentation as i happened to be online around 3:30 and noticed folks on Fwoosh were talking about it. Otherwise i tend to just wait and read the summaries here or instagram etc, which seems like an approach more people should take if they truly find themselves irritated or bored by these.

Fun to see Dwight, Ryan, Dan. I did skip over the interview parts, theoretically those could be really interesting but it doesn't seem like they ever get asked much substantial (but of course our trio aren't exactly intrepid investigative reporters or anything, so i guess fluff is to be expected).

I do miss the days of toyfair and sdcc with a boatload of reveals but feels like those days are behind us til at least sdcc 2022 but more likely toyfair 2023. I find the limited set of reveals pretty underwhelming, usually at most one i will like (i don't think there are any i care much about from today's reveals). But obviously hasbro knows what they're doing more than i do, and i'm guessing the more frequent, smaller reveals help boost presales or increase brand awareness or whatever.
thekunk2075
CROM!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:49 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:20 pm
thekunk2075 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:31 am
yes and they gave him the snl what's up with that treatment. didn't even give the guy a rub on the anniversary line. is he still on the payroll?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now i can't stop thinking of Jesse as Lindsey Buckingham.

Anyhow, i watched some of the presentation as i happened to be online around 3:30 and noticed folks on Fwoosh were talking about it. Otherwise i tend to just wait and read the summaries here or instagram etc, which seems like an approach more people should take if they truly find themselves irritated or bored by these.

Fun to see Dwight, Ryan, Dan. I did skip over the interview parts, theoretically those could be really interesting but it doesn't seem like they ever get asked much substantial (but of course our trio aren't exactly intrepid investigative reporters or anything, so i guess fluff is to be expected).

I do miss the days of toyfair and sdcc with a boatload of reveals but feels like those days are behind us til at least sdcc 2022 but more likely toyfair 2023. I find the limited set of reveals pretty underwhelming, usually at most one i will like (i don't think there are any i care much about from today's reveals). But obviously hasbro knows what they're doing more than i do, and i'm guessing the more frequent, smaller reveals help boost presales or increase brand awareness or whatever.
we'll get to you next time Jesse!
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:53 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
The way people were in that stream chat was absolutely ludicrous
Seriously. There's a huge difference between being a Hasbro apologist and understanding that there are people on the other side of the screen. Criticism is welcome, but I can't stomach the toxicity.
I wonder why they even bother with that chat stream. For one thing, as was stated, it's nothing but an endless stream of toxicity from nameless faceless trolls who know they'll never be called out for anything they say. Also, the thing goes by so fast you can barely read any comments at all. It's utterly useless.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:07 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
The Legends team are constantly doing live streams year around with reveals sprinkled here and there. This is what the had ready to show now. Legends are still at the top of their game and only improving. You'll get your new figures/characters/costumes in due course. Saying you're disappointed is fine but the hyperbole and bitching is a bit much. The way people were in that stream chat was absolutely ludicrous and shows just the amount of shit these guys take from the community, yet still deliver and try to engage.
To paraphrase Dr Malcom:

That’s how it always starts. In the beginning it’s “Ooo”, and “Ahh”, and later there’s the ranting and screaming.

While it’s fine to express disappointment that releases aren’t up to your expectations, there’s no need to be nasty about it. It’s not like these are the last Legends figures ever. Most of these will see future releases, and updated versions. Just look at how many prior versions they’ve had. Hasbro is making improvements, and while not every change is in the best direction, the overall figures are pretty good.
Sometimes, I think, we as collectors and consumers, don’t fully appreciate the work and time that goes into developing these. If the design and production of these figures was simplicity, we’d all be making our own, and wouldn’t need toy companies to do it for us. I guess what I’m saying is: offering some constructive criticism is fine, but appreciate the effort these people are making. Toys are not something we need. They’re something we want. These people are making efforts to get us what we want, and while not every product is going to be a hit, you can express your approval, or disapproval, of their efforts with your wallet.
MLNUT
CROM!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:07 pm

I'm in for Zemo, Scarlet Witch, 20th anniversary Cap, Winter Soldier. Good to see the 3 3/4" still going. Excited to see what other villains Walgreens will get down the road. Hopefully distribution will be better than Nova and Quasar.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:15 pm

Had to stop watching the stream to get ready for a wedding. Very excited to see X-Men TAS getting some love. I think for a show like this, having reveals for multiple sublines within ML works fine. Couple Retro reveals. Some main line goodness. And some MCU reveals.

Whole waves are still gonna be the mainstay of their regular reveals and with how often they've been doing them I don't see much reason to complain about these reveals.

I will say rhe Cap 2-Pack might be my biggest meh reveal just because it doesn't do much for me. Definitely one I'll hope for a sale on.
felgekarp
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:19 pm

I’ve ordered animated wolverine and venom, venom’s already been despatched according to uk pulse.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:48 pm

Wasn't able to watch yesterday but catching up this morning. Weird to not have a bunch of things I want to preorder after one of these events - just anniversary Cap. X-Men Animated isn't for me, especially at that price - very cool execution though. The rest are all repaints that show slight improvements but no must haves - definitely a wait and see.

Excited for some of the stuff that was revealed for next year though! Knull, D'Spayre, Vulcan, Maggott, classic Zemo - and the theme for Walgreens implied to be villains, which is cool.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”