Dorkside....A little update

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dorkside....A little update

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:43 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:56 pm
It was great hearing from DS. More than updates they would occasionally provide nuggets of information and hints at upcoming releases. They went above and beyond when it came to customer engagement.

I 've dealt with DS and they were insanely helpful and accommodating to a Canadian collector. For that I will always sing their praises. Do mistakes happen? Sure. Unless you are a completely irrational asshole - they are going to help you out. For every random complaint I see in a DS thread like "well,.. I had a problem with DS :shock: " with no context, I know that person was the real issue. Posting something negative without context is helpful to no one. When pressed it's always their own bullshit issue. They didn't have their credit card paid off - DS's fault. They can't wait longer than a day for a response - DS's fault. The toys I ordered are in stock somewhere else first and I'm impatient - DS's fault. For those people, it's always someone else's fault. It's why "Verified Buyer" status appears in helpful product review pages. I want to hear the opinions of actual buyers, not childish idiots.

We have so many great posters and people I enjoy interacting with daily while I'm bored at work... we also have so many idiots. Those idiots are the same people who drove Diamond Select away from posting here because all they would do is bitch and complain about character choices or other such nonsense until Diamond just said "[email protected]#$ it". Engaging with fans isn't worth this abuse. These are the people who can't help but post "Wonder when DS will get their pre-orders :? " whenever someone finds a new figure because they can't help themselves but be passive aggressively impatient. There will be those who continue to bang on the "I can complain if I want to" drum and that's fine. Most of us know where the actual problem was. And we just wish those people weren't around so that DS would keep posting cool little tidbits and engaging with us. As usual... the idiots ruin it for everyone.
very well said, thank you for this
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:51 pm

The name calling isn't necessary.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Yet is an accurate reflection of my feelings on the matter.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:06 pm

i can't believe i'm agreeing with Enforcer.. but if you want to vent and be negative towards DS in a place where they can't vent and be negative back.. yet think it's fair.. it's justifiable to be dealt criticism by those who can, if they think you're out of line. works both ways.

and he's right, being vague about your complaints helps no one
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:07 pm

I don't see anything uncivil going on in this thread except for name calling.

I've been a loyal customer to Dorkside for years, spending hundreds to thousands a month on merchandise there. I've had pretty much only good experiences with the company, except for one incredibly minor issue I had with buying a loose figure. It was a modular Iron Man that was missing a plate on his left thigh, leaving a large gap. I brought it up in a thread here, probably the Ursa Major thread, stating that exact fact. I also mentioned that I contacted Dorkside through the proper customer service channels and after waiting a few days for a response, they offered a partial refund ($2 back on the maybe $18 I paid for the loose figure). The owner caught these posts and reached out to me directly and did better by giving me a full refund on the defective figure. My point is, sometimes bringing the issue out in a civil way, in a public thread like this, makes things happen.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:13 pm

NORM wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:07 pm
I don't see anything uncivil going on in this thread except for name calling.

I've been a loyal customer to Dorkside for years, spending hundreds to thousands a month on merchandise there. I've had pretty much only good experiences with the company, except for one incredibly minor issue I had with buying a loose figure. It was a modular Iron Man that was missing a plate on his left thigh, leaving a large gap. I brought it up in a thread here, probably the Ursa Major thread, stating that exact fact. I also mentioned that I contacted Dorkside through the proper customer service channels and after waiting a few days for a response, they offered a partial refund ($2 back on the maybe $18 I paid for the loose figure). The owner caught these posts and reached out to me directly and did better by giving me a full refund on the defective figure. My point is, sometimes bringing the issue out in a civil way, in a public thread like this, makes things happen.
unfortunately the people who decided to air their issues, don't seem to be explaining them. And instead seem afraid to, for what people may issue back as a response. (which usually means they don't really know if it's their issue or not) ergo they're not all confident about being a Karen or a legit complaint. Therefore they're not helping others who may have had the same issue, nor helping themselves like with how you got help.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:24 pm

You'll rarely see me call someone out for posting something rationally and eloquently. In fact, you never will. In this case Normie, you're the exception - not the rule on this type of stuff. If everyone had that approach you took, DS would still be here posting all kinds of great stuff. But they aren't. Because of the childish idiots. For you just this once to stay on the right side of your sensitivity threshold - the socially maladjusted.

But FYI: socially maladjusted = childish idiots
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:34 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
i can't believe i'm agreeing with Enforcer..
I doubt anyone can. It's pretty amazing and I'm making note of it.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:36 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:34 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
i can't believe i'm agreeing with Enforcer..
I doubt anyone can. It's pretty amazing and I'm making note of it.
let it be celebrated, a monument must be made (actually this is probably a sign of the end of days.. because i still don't agree with how he talks to people in here either)
cowboyspikex
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:13 am

Nobody in this thread has done anything worth being called a childish idiot or socially maladjusted. I wish that that would stop instead of being doubled down on.

You don't "feel" that someone is a childish idiot. You "feel" insecure that there are people who disagree with you, and decide to react to that negative feeling by name-calling.

The thing is, I think almost everyone here is on the same page that it's not appropriate to demand things from DS, to yell at them or mistreat them or anything like that. But...nobody here is doing anything but lightly disagreeing that they're the most amazing company to ever exist and backing that up by talking about some issues they've had. It's a non-issue, at least as far as this thread is concerned.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:05 am

I didn't think anyone here said anything awful toward Dorkside. The worst comment was the poster who contacted Dorkside on a Friday afternoon and was upset they didn't contact them till the next week, even though it's clear Dorkside isn't open on the weekends. That complaint was a little off, but I don't feel people should be insulted because they've had less-than-positive experiences with Dorkside.

I think people treat Dorkside like another Fwoosher, since they post here. So if anyone has anything even remotely negative to say about their Dorkside experiences, others overreact when coming to their defense. Certainly rational, civil discussions about both positive and negative experiences should be allowed, though
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:56 pm

cowboyspikex wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:13 am
Nobody in this thread has done anything worth being called a childish idiot or socially maladjusted. I wish that that would stop instead of being doubled down on.

You don't "feel" that someone is a childish idiot. You "feel" insecure that there are people who disagree with you, and decide to react to that negative feeling by name-calling.

The thing is, I think almost everyone here is on the same page that it's not appropriate to demand things from DS, to yell at them or mistreat them or anything like that. But...nobody here is doing anything but lightly disagreeing that they're the most amazing company to ever exist and backing that up by talking about some issues they've had. It's a non-issue, at least as far as this thread is concerned.
Ah no - people were idiots in the Diamond Select thread and the original Dorkside one - which is why they both left. Had enough of the bullshit. This thread had a similarly vague post which under scrutiny was a complaint about not getting IMMEDIATE response. Reading the tea leaves... the slippery slope would predictably re-appear. People can talk about their issues as Norm did. That's useful and great. That's not what happened before, and it won't always be the case if this thread continues - because of the idiots.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:40 pm

Agreed that nobody said anything awful, but I do think it's a shame that people take an update thread as an opportunity to air petty complaints. The whole kerfuffle here seems to have mostly stemmed from the person who was mad that it took more than 12 business hours for Dorkside to reply to their message (sent a message at 2 PM on a Friday and was complaining Monday that they hadn't received a response), and a couple of comments griping about the shipping delays (which DS was very up front about the reason for in the original post); both of which got called out as being a bit unreasonable/petty, and then it turned into people replying how people should be able to complain about DS and other people saying that you *can* but is it helpful/necessary, etc, and then it got more heated as the page count grew.

Personally: I don't think there's anything wrong with noting, in abstract, that you've had less than positive experiences with a company, but I do think it's a bit petty/unkind to do that in a thread where they've specifically noted shipping delays and where they're promoting some good news. It's like someone sending out a baby announcement and then you reply all that you're mad at them because they didn't pay you back money you're owed. That's a fair thing to be upset about, but it still looks petty when you use their life update to publicly call them out on it.

I second the suggestion that maybe there just needs to be a thread where people can gripe about their bad online shopping experiences, but I also think people would just ignore that and gripe about it wherever they want, so, it probably wouldn't actually be any good, anyway.
DaThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:33 pm

Question for those more familiar with dorkside...I pre-ordered Hercules and Spider-Man 2099 in the same order. I just got charged for Hercules. Does that mean I should be expecting to be charged for SM2099 and then have the order shipped soon?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:45 pm

DaThing wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:33 pm
Question for those more familiar with dorkside...I pre-ordered Hercules and Spider-Man 2099 in the same order. I just got charged for Hercules. Does that mean I should be expecting to be charged for SM2099 and then have the order shipped soon?
That's funny, I have both Hercules and 2099 ordered at Dorkside, separate orders though. 2099 is already on its way, but Hercules has shown no movement. So I know they have stock of 2099, and I'm sure they'll get around to sending it to you, especially since you've been charged for Hercules. Now I'm hoping to get some notice on Hercules as well!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”