Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:19 pm

e-rock wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:45 pm
As for Darcy and May and such vs Jimmy and JJJ, I think that comes down to civilian females have less base bodies made so they have to make those. While Jimmy and JJJ can rehash the same male suit bodies they have had for ages. But I agree they need to do more civilian females.
Shang-Chi Katy's legs under the dress work fine for NWH May. She'd need a new upper half and shoes but that's about as much new sculpting as He Who Remains is getting.

Sidenote: does anyone else's Katy refuse to stay standing? I even leaned her over recently and she still fell down.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:23 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:14 pm
Right, I suspect Kang will be the big bad in Avengers 5.

What a wild assumption. What makes you think that? That title they revealed at SDCC could mean ANYTHING! 8)

Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:27 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

What a wild assumption. What makes you think that? That title they revealed at SDCC could mean ANYTHING! 8)

I'd say it's a safe bet. :lol: :lol:
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:43 pm

JPC wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:19 pm
e-rock wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:45 pm
As for Darcy and May and such vs Jimmy and JJJ, I think that comes down to civilian females have less base bodies made so they have to make those. While Jimmy and JJJ can rehash the same male suit bodies they have had for ages. But I agree they need to do more civilian females.
Shang-Chi Katy's legs under the dress work fine for NWH May. Shed' need a new upper half and shoes but that's about as much new sculpting as He Who Remains is getting.

Sidenote: does anyone else's Katy refuse to stay standing? I even leaned her over recently and she still fell down.
Katys pants are exactly perfect for Aunt May. I hope the team realizes that. And honestly from what I can tell the shoes are too.

My Katy stands fine but my Gorr is horrible. He has fallen more times than anyone because of his loose ankles. I eventually had to change his pose to use the sword to balance him.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:48 pm

I have had issues with Katy, though she is leaning for me fine. Gorr I haven't had falling issues with
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:48 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

Yeah that was certainly a factor in my guess.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:18 pm
JoshuaKat wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:13 pm
I'm not under the impression that these D+ shows are exclusive in any part of the over MCU story. I think the shows and characters in it are building towards the same stories that the films are and the characters are interchangeable as to where they'll show up next. At least I hope that's the case. I'd hate for anyone character to be exclusively one way or the other.

I do think these shows are providing an easy back door to the teams that will form in the films Young Avengers, Thunderbolts, Midnight Sons, West Coast, etc. Either way I'm super excited to see these characters mix and match. Yelena brought such a great new energy and Kate did the same and when the 2 of them got together is was dynamite chemistry. I think She-Hulk is bringing that same energy and Ms Marvel and Moonknight aren't far off either. To see all these phenomenal characters come together is gonna be a real treat.
From what they've been saying since they first announced the first crop of shows, no one is exclusive to film or shows (outside of Spider-Man), and we already know it's a two-way street. That was part of Feige's selling point with the D+ series, that for the first time characters will cross over from the small screen to the big one.
Yea that's how I thought it was being presented. It's funny because I'd like the D+ shows and films to be treated completely equal and so far they have except in one category haha. They have the same budgets, same actors, same red carpet premiere, same posters and character posters, etc. The only difference I've seen is here in our world with not having their own waves haha. Go figure.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:57 pm

Yeah that's true. I still don't full expect a ton of Jimmy Woo level characters but there are some pretty decent figure possibilities in the missing spots. Agatha is probably the biggest I can think of, but I keep saying She Hulk feels like it's gonna really inflate wishlists pretty hard.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:03 pm

Yeah I think you're right about She-Hulk. As long as they get us the main ones which so far look to be Titania and Abomination. But I know from the trailers I already want a Wrecking Crew lol.

I'm hoping that with Fiege leaving What if season 2 off the Phase visuals (unlike season 1) added with the multiple animation projects coming next year that wave 4 could be our last mixed D+ wave. It's high hopes but I has them lol.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Well I hope so too. I would love that.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:59 pm

I would love for the animated stuff to be their own wave in the future
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:37 pm

Spoiler! :
Welp, according to some Funko Pops just relased it appears Hulk will be suiting up in the show. His pants look the same as Endgame but he has a new top.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:46 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:37 pm
Spoiler! :
Welp, according to some Funko Pops just relased it appears Hulk will be suiting up in the show. His pants look the same as Endgame but he has a new top.
Spoiler! :
I could have sworn there was a shot of him in that suit in the trailers or something, but I really thought I'd seen that already. Ah well.

Either way, I'd still take a Legends of it. I'd like a Banner as well, but smart Hulk is also on my list.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:48 pm

Spoiler! :
I imagine that will lead to a Hulk deluxe figure. Which would decrease the likelihood Abomination gets one and we gotta wait for him as a BAF.

I hope I am wrong. Would rather wait on yet another Hulk costume than wait even longer for Abomination
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:54 pm

e-rock wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:48 pm
Spoiler! :
I imagine that will lead to a Hulk deluxe figure. Which would decrease the likelihood Abomination gets one and we gotta wait for him as a BAF.

I hope I am wrong. Would rather wait on yet another Hulk costume than wait even longer for Abomination
Spoiler! :
I would be very happy to buy a set with both this Hulk and Abomination along the lines of the AOU Hulk and Hulkbuster anniversary set they put out. I realize both of those figures were repaints (and the Hulk had a 'new' head that was originally intended to be a second head for the last time they put a Hulk as a single release in the AOU wave), but I'd pay $90 or whatever the three spider-men were. Use the hips and thighs of the AOU Hulk for the suited up Smart Hulk all I care.

I also still don't care for the Endgame Hulk heads they did so I'd prefer they try a new one but I am not counting on it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”