Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:29 pm

Sadly, I predict Kamala will be the peg warmer, followed probably by Sharon Carter. I think both Hawkeyes will be quick to go, both Moon Knights will be quick to go, though standard may hang around being double packed. She Hulk I think will be the fastest to go, both due to quality and proximity of release to D+ show release. The rest are so far off from when their shows aired.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:11 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Z_Q9aDywE

Here's a video review of She-Hulk. This guy's video is like when you Google a recipe and get the authors entire life story before getting to the ingredients lol but it's the only video out there I think.

After watching it the only thing that concerns me is her height but it's hard to tell cuz he does a bad job of showing height comparison while just holding the figures in one hand.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:23 pm

NORM wrote:Sadly, I predict Kamala will be the peg warmer, followed probably by Sharon Carter. I think both Hawkeyes will be quick to go, both Moon Knights will be quick to go, though standard may hang around being double packed. She Hulk I think will be the fastest to go, both due to quality and proximity of release to D+ show release. The rest are so far off from when their shows aired.
I am hoping Kamala will be a peg warmer so I can pick her up on sale since she is the only one I didn’t preorder and need her BAF piece. I enjoyed the show, but don’t feel like she is a must have to be displayed on my shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:41 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:

Here's a video review of She-Hulk. This guy's video is like when you Google a recipe and get the authors entire life story before getting to the ingredients lol but it's the only video out there I think.

After watching it the only thing that concerns me is her height but it's hard to tell cuz he does a bad job of showing height comparison while just holding the figures in one hand.
Well you're a better person than me. After your review of the review, I will not brave it.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:15 am

It's another awful review. Camera work is low res. Takes forever to get to the point. Not recommended.
kastor417
Stands in the Korner. Bad Kastor!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:23 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:41 pm
JoshuaKat wrote:

Well you're a better person than me. After your review of the review, I will not brave it.
He showed the figure, talked about how he got it, and did not come off like a douche like some of the other reviewers? I don't know what else can be expected. If you just want photos, there are plenty from the PR team showing just the figure.

If you are looking at youtube reviews then that is part of the game. why knock him for doing something fun? Better than the guys begging for money or taking their ball and going home bc they don't get enough people on their patreon.....
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:34 pm

I don't know. I didn't even watch the guy.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:52 pm

kastor417 wrote:
Better than the guys begging for money or taking their ball and going home bc they don't get enough people on their patreon.....

Who does that? Most of the reviewers I watch have Patreon accounts like Robo, Shartimus, MCUCollector24, etc, but I haven't seen any of them be obnoxious about it or really mention it at all aside from brief mentions at the very beginning or end of reviews.
kastor417

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:03 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
kastor417 wrote:
Better than the guys begging for money or taking their ball and going home bc they don't get enough people on their patreon.....

Who does that? Most of the reviewers I watch have Patreon accounts like Robo, Shartimus, MCUCollector24, etc, but I haven't seen any of them be obnoxious about it or really mention it at all aside from brief mentions at the very beginning or end of reviews.
I think you hit a few right there. I would rather listen to the story of getting the figure then the desperation of funding their hobby. MCUcollector is the only watchable one on that list.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:07 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
kastor417 wrote:

I think you named the only ones I kinda frequent and one of those I tend to watch with the sound off, but appreciate seeing range of motion, scale to other figures, etc.
kastor417 wrote: I think you hit a few right there. I would rather listen to the story of getting the figure then the desperation of funding their hobby. MCUcollector is the only watchable one on that list.
man. Maybe I'm deaf to patreon-pimping but Robo's are by far my favorite reviews and I haven't noticed him doing that at all. And to each their own, but yeah...I don't really need to hear the story of getting the figure unless it's truly remarkable. If it's getting it at a store or online, that doesn't not need a youtube video. I've never been THAT bored at work.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:11 pm

Methinks someone doth protest too much, and is perhaps the author of said video. Also, IMO Robo has the MOST watchable reviews online, but there's no accounting for taste I suppose.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:12 pm

Nik wrote:
Methinks someone doth protest too much, and is perhaps the author of said video.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:17 pm

Robo is easily the best reviewer on that list. I like MCUCollector, but in general he rambles a lot and isn't entertaining about it like Robo.
kastor417

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:19 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:07 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
kastor417 wrote:

I think you named the only ones I kinda frequent and one of those I tend to watch with the sound off, but appreciate seeing range of motion, scale to other figures, etc.
kastor417 wrote: I think you hit a few right there. I would rather listen to the story of getting the figure then the desperation of funding their hobby. MCUcollector is the only watchable one on that list.
man. Maybe I'm deaf to patreon-pimping but Robo's are by far my favorite reviews and I haven't noticed him doing that at all. And to each their own, but yeah...I don't really need to hear the story of getting the figure unless it's truly remarkable. If it's getting it at a store or online, that doesn't not need a youtube video. I've never been THAT bored at work.
We are all nerds who love toys, so when I see these people talking down to people, begging for money or they won't do it anymore, or people in this thread bashing a person for sharing their story it comes across as well just elitist BS. if you don't like don't watch it or don't comment, but since they wanted to bash him for no good reason why not call them out.

And not really referring to you since you did not watch the video.
kastor417

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:20 pm

Nik wrote:
Methinks someone doth protest too much, and is perhaps the author of said video. Also, IMO Robo has the MOST watchable reviews online, but there's no accounting for taste I suppose.
Nope not the person in the video, just don't see the need let this BS bashing for no reason just go without saying something.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”