Classic Dr. Strange (Walmart exclusive)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Classic Dr. Strange (Walmart exclusive)

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:07 pm

This is what I need from a masked Strange (new head too, not just a repainted Surfer, make it more Colan-esque):

Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:07 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm
Looks fantastic, but they’re teasing me with the Wand of Watoomb! I have that! I need the Evil Eye!
Right?! My JLAvengers trophy collection needs the Evil Eye!!
VonDoom62
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:11 pm

I want to be excited, but this being a Walmart exclusive means I'll probably never own it anyway. So what's the point?
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Well this was a welcome surprise today.

I'm looking forward to adding the Wand of Watoomb to the Book of the Vishanti, Darkhold and Necronomicon (thanks Ash!). My Strange is accumulating a nice little arsenal. I'll also probably keep the ML9 cape, just for display options.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:21 pm

Them making it a Walmart exclusive was a direct response to all those people who complained "We don't need another movie Doctor Strange!" when the Armadillo wave was revealed. Truly a monkey's paw.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:27 pm

Maybe this one will be like Cable, and hang around and drop down to $5. Or maybe it'll be like 80th Cap, which wasn't a total nightmare to get. Maybe it'll be like John Walker, which was the smoothest Walmart exclusive I've ever preordered.
SmF3
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Honestly I'm just whelmed? I'm happy that we're finally getting him but considering how good other MLs are lately & the fact that Hasbro knew this has been a HUGE want from collectors for so many years, it's just "okay".

The cape is the biggest disappointment for me, I would've never expected them to reuse it for the classic rendition when it wasn't good to begin with. Second would be the lack of hands, Dr Strange deserves the same amount of hands Shang-Chi got for all his spells. The main head sculpt isn't that great IMO, the sleeping head however is amazing.

It almost seems like he was originally planned as a Deluxe Legends but had plans changed last minute and had to omit some key accessories (books & hands).
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Well played, Hasbro.

Now Mordo better come with the Evil Eye and a classic Dormammu head cast in yellow, with a little base, so I can swap the classic head and use the other one as an 'astral projection' Mordo talks to...
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:54 pm

No guys, you see, the mark up is there because Walmart has to charge you for the cost of having its workers stomp on the bubble envelope mailer that these will be sent out with.

F*** Walmart.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:55 pm

Just - don't make classic Iron Fist and Luke Cage WM exclusives... pls
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Intrigued by this. Classic Strange was clearly a figure in need of redo by Hasbro, so glad to see them address it. I like the inclusion of the multiple heads for a variety of display options. I agree that the masked head doesn't make a ton of sense with this costume body, but maybe I can find a plain body and some flared glove arms to drop the head and cape on unless and until Hasbro releases their own vesion.

I was initially confused about the disdain for the WalMart exclusivity as their exclusives haven't seemed prohibitively hard to get (thinking of the John Walker Captain America and recent McFarlane items) but then remembered why I don't have grey costume Black Widow and it all came back to me.

Hopefully ordering will be easy and there will be plenty. I likely want at least 2 of these, so here's hoping.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Looks awesome :o
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 pm

kantboy2 wrote:Well played, Hasbro.

Now Mordo better come with the Evil Eye and a classic Dormammu head cast in yellow, with a little base, so I can swap the classic head and use the other one as an 'astral projection' Mordo talks to...
That would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:45 pm

WOW!!! I have been waiting forever for Classic Strange! here's hoping I can find him as easily has past Walmart exclusives!!
KCE83
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:47 pm

I think this looks great. So excited to have classic Strange confirmed and in the pipeline.

The blue masked head could have been omitted. I’m a huge Dr. Strange fan, and I think that redesign was one of the few missteps made during his heyday in the 70’s. And as others have noted, it doesn’t really work with this body.

The re-used cape is a disappointment, but honestly any plastic cape would have been a letdown. The cloak of levitation really needs to be soft goods, and Hasbro was never going to do that, so I’ll track down one of the inevitable 3rd party offerings.

Finally, the status as a Walmart exclusive is unfortunate, but in the spirit of optimism I’ll say that the most recent exclusive pre-orders I’ve done through them (Star Wars and GI Joe) have been relatively painless, so here’s hoping that this will be too.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”