Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Retro Wave Wishlist

Sat May 21, 2022 5:45 am

Beamish wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:18 am
A certain character I continually pitch just happened to debut in Iron Man #54 - albeit in a different costume color scheme, so she's technically an Iron Man character, right? Right? :D :D :D

…then they can release her 18 months later in her iconic green costume as part of an Avengers retro wave. :D

I kid, but I would set the bar low in terms of expectations. If we get one or two new to the line characters, or even characters in a completely different look compared to what we’ve seen before, we’ll be doing good. I think the previously mentioned modular Iron Man in red and yellow is a lot closer to what we can expect than Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 21, 2022 5:46 am

El Honez wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:18 pm
This version of Mandarin seems like a long shot:

That's MY Mandarin. I don't think he's ever had a good costume, but this is what he wore during my peak Marvel reading age.

I'm also not optimistic, but fingers crossed.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Sat May 21, 2022 6:08 am

El Honez wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:18 pm
This version of Mandarin seems like a long shot:

My most wanted version of Mandarin.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 12:48 pm

I support these scantily clad male characters.

I want 90's Swimsuit Special beach thong Colossus, Gambit, and Wolverine!
Stormbreaker1
Super Poseable

Sat May 21, 2022 1:12 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:32 am
Stormbreaker1 wrote:I would love to see Stingray.

And I’d also like a comic based Hulkbuster along the lines of the original ToyBiz. Instead of a massive behemoth, I love the look of the smaller Hulkbuster armor which is more of an additional layer of super-armor. It was never originally intended for a fully armored Iron Man to fit inside it like some kind of mechsuit or whatever you’d call it.
I’d love Stingray and a classic 90s Hulkbuster Armor. We haven’t gotten the classic comic Hulkbuster in figure form since Toy Biz ML 11. Been a long time. I still love that figure, but it’s fragile. The Hasbro versions of course have been MCU, and the Marvel Select version was more like the Extremis drone version of Hulkbuster.

And yeah, it was more like extra armor pieces on top of the Modular Armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for those pics. That illustrates exactly what I’m talking about. Sure, I love the giant Hulkbuster as seen in the movies, but that old ToyBiz figure was always a favorite. And there’s something so cool about seeing Iron Man adding on each additional piece of armor in preparation for a drawn out slugfest with the Hulk.

And Stingray is both visually striking as well as long overdue.
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 21, 2022 2:41 pm

Stingray is one of my most wanted non-X-Men figures in the entire line, and the same goes for Crimson Dynamo Mark 4 and Mark 5.

Add in Mandarin, Blacklash, Madame Masque, Extremis Iron Man, Count Nefaria, and Graviton, and I'd buy the entire wave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat May 21, 2022 2:48 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:Stingray is one of my most wanted non-X-Men figures in the entire line, and the same goes for Crimson Dynamo Mark 4 and Mark 5.

Add in Mandarin, Blacklash, Madame Masque, Extremis Iron Man, Count Nefaria, and Graviton, and I'd buy the entire wave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Big wave, but that would be an incredible lineup!

la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 3:01 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:How have we gotten this far into a female Iron Man related character discussion with no one saying Rescue?

Also, I know Iron Man's supporting cast is no where near as popular as Spider-Man's but shit I would LOVE Pepper and Beth Cabe
Because we’ve been waiting on you! We all know your love of the Fraction/ Larroca era.

But seriously, I don’t think Hasbro will give us a normal Pepper so a comic Rescue with Pepper head im way okay with.

And keep Stingray out of my Iron Man retro wave. He’s on the list but under guys like Firebrand, Melter, and Unicorn

Akatsuki

Sat May 21, 2022 3:02 pm

It would be a lot of fun to get Unicorn in Legends. Especially now that he’s showing up in modern Iron Man comics again.

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 3:03 pm

la6689 wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:How have we gotten this far into a female Iron Man related character discussion with no one saying Rescue?

Also, I know Iron Man's supporting cast is no where near as popular as Spider-Man's but shit I would LOVE Pepper and Beth Cabe
Because we’ve been waiting on you! We all know your love of the Fraction/ Larroca era.

But seriously, I don’t think Hasbro will give us a normal Pepper so a comic Rescue with Pepper head im way okay with.

And keep Stingray out of my Iron Man retro wave. He’s on the list but under guys like Firebrand, Melter, and Unicorn

How dare you, sir.
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 3:19 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
la6689 wrote:

How dare you, sir.
We all know you’re a man of culture.

So when it comes to Mandy I think when we get him it’ll be even money between a version of his animated form and his robed look.
Honestly, this works for me if I can ditch the cape and shoulder pads. Hopefully the shoulder pads would be attached to the cape making removal as easy as popping the cape off.

I want a robed Mandarin but I also don’t. It’s a classic look but I also want Mandarin to be more than just a statue.

100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat May 21, 2022 3:42 pm

I have no faith that a cloth robed mandarin will ever get made.

That's my preferred look for mandarin, but it requires a lil work. Has Hasbro done any cloth that has multiple colors, or designs on em?

My 2nd preferred look is that Genghis Khan look.
Akatsuki

Sat May 21, 2022 3:45 pm

I would want either the animated costume for Mandarin or the green armored look he has from the Enter the Mandarin comic. Kind of like the 4” figure.

The robes are fine as a costume but would kill articulation, and Mandarin is a martial arts master. He needs super articulation and range of motion.

100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat May 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Ohh yeah! Scratch what I said, I'd completely forgotten about that green armor. I want that above all.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 3:51 pm

If Hasbro released 90's Modular Hulkbuster as a deluxe, I swear I would buy 2. Do it Hasbro!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”