HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Magnuz
Tyrant
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 14680
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:04 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 am

The initial address verification email sent on the 14th.

A reminder again on the 28th, then a repeat of the same email today the 29th.

I got it hasbro, I got it. Shut it up until you actually ship it.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1423
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:05 am

Monkey Joe wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:38 pm
They should have skipped the Doom head and given us a Punisher robot instead.
I think a Punisher robot would cost a lot more than a Doom head although I would have taken an unmasked Galactus head in a heartbeat.

Or his gun and poncho from Cosmic Ghost Rider.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11250
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:38 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 am
The initial address verification email sent on the 14th.

A reminder again on the 28th, then a repeat of the same email today the 29th.

I got it hasbro, I got it. Shut it up until you actually ship it.
Between Wednesday and Yesterday I got 5 emails from them. I love how the subject line says something like "we're ready to ship"!!! What do ya think I'm gonna think when I see that?!??
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 10232
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:51 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Magnuz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 am
The initial address verification email sent on the 14th.

A reminder again on the 28th, then a repeat of the same email today the 29th.

I got it hasbro, I got it. Shut it up until you actually ship it.
Between Wednesday and Yesterday I got 5 emails from them. I love how the subject line says something like "we're ready to ship"!!! What do ya think I'm gonna think when I see that?!??
I’m guessing they’ve been dealing with a lot of people missing the notifications and having their orders sent to the wrong place. Better to over communicate in this case I guess.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11250
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:51 pm

H-bird wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:51 pm
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Magnuz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 am
The initial address verification email sent on the 14th.

A reminder again on the 28th, then a repeat of the same email today the 29th.

I got it hasbro, I got it. Shut it up until you actually ship it.
Between Wednesday and Yesterday I got 5 emails from them. I love how the subject line says something like "we're ready to ship"!!! What do ya think I'm gonna think when I see that?!??
I’m guessing they’ve been dealing with a lot of people missing the notifications and having their orders sent to the wrong place. Better to over communicate in this case I guess.
Oh I understand I just can't stand the tease in header that says "we're ready to ship"!!!
User avatar
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Kansas, the good part
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:15 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:51 pm
H-bird wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:51 pm
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Between Wednesday and Yesterday I got 5 emails from them. I love how the subject line says something like "we're ready to ship"!!! What do ya think I'm gonna think when I see that?!??
I’m guessing they’ve been dealing with a lot of people missing the notifications and having their orders sent to the wrong place. Better to over communicate in this case I guess.
Oh I understand I just can't stand the tease in header that says "we're ready to ship"!!!
Me, addressing my family: Are you ready to leave?
Them: Yes!
Me: Okay, get in the car.
Them: I need to put my shoes on. I can't find my wallet/purse. Where are my glasses? Let me refill my coffee. I want a snack first.

No, Hasbro, you are not "ready to ship". You are ready to execute the preliminary steps that will allow you to enact the protocols that necessitate the procedures that will permit you to ship.
NeoZeRo35
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:47 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:09 am

Has the weight of Galactus been mentioned anywhere yet? I'm a little concerned about the weight capacity of my glass shelving.
User avatar
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Tyrone, PA
Posts: 2005
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:42 am

I don’t believe so, but I’d imagine he’d be comparable to slightly heavier than the sentinel. So if you have one of those, weigh it for a guesstimate?
User avatar
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 7708
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:40 pm

Memory is telling me the Sentinels weigh between 8 and 9 pounds. I know the Hasbro shipper box shows 18.67 pounds on the box for the total weight of everything including the box. So yea I'd imagine Galactus weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 pounds.
User avatar
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Astoria
Posts: 4670
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:40 pm

Has anyone actually gotten Galactus yet? When I was at NYCC today briefly speaking with Dwight from the Hasbro, another guy claimed to already have Galactus and said he couldn’t wait to put it next to the Hellcharger. I didn’t think anyone has it, so maybe he meant the Sentinel?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Central AR
Posts: 1289
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:16 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:03 am

pretty sure nobody has galactus in hand

do we have any idea on the box dimensions yet?
NeoZeRo35
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:47 am

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:11 am

In anticipation for this centerpiece, what figures that have been released so far would help complete a FF shelf? So far I've got:

Reed
Sue
Johnny
Ben
Herbie
Silver Surfer
Terrax
Firelord
Uatu (Marvel Select)
Imposible Man (FF Classics)
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
Klaw
Namor
Mole Man
Psycho Man
Annihilus
Blastaar
Ronan
Super Skrull
Regular Skrull
Black Bolt
Medusa
Kree Sentry

Questionable:
Dragon Man (FF classics) - Would you still add him considering how small he is?
High Evolutionary - I don't know much about the character but I just know he was part of the FF wave.
Kang - Would you consider him more an Avengers villain?

Who else am I missing? Or who else would you add to the shelf?
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1178
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:03 pm

NeoZeRo35 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:11 am
In anticipation for this centerpiece, what figures that have been released so far would help complete a FF shelf? So far I've got:

Reed
Sue
Johnny
Ben
Herbie
Silver Surfer
Terrax
Firelord
Uatu (Marvel Select)
Imposible Man (FF Classics)
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
Klaw
Namor
Mole Man
Psycho Man
Annihilus
Blastaar
Ronan
Super Skrull
Regular Skrull
Black Bolt
Medusa
Kree Sentry

Questionable:
Dragon Man (FF classics) - Would you still add him considering how small he is?
High Evolutionary - I don't know much about the character but I just know he was part of the FF wave.
Kang - Would you consider him more an Avengers villain?

Who else am I missing? Or who else would you add to the shelf?
I don't see anything else off the top of my head for a FF shelf.

Personally I need to pick up the Terrax/Fallen One 2-pack to finish off my, currently available, heralds. I snagged a Herald Thor (King Thor, whatever) recently as well. However I am coming at it from the heralds/cosmic side of things rather than the FF.

Dragon Man is fine, and since there isn't any other option really just stick with him for now.

High Evolutionary I don't see as a FF character personally, but that is just my opinion. To me I have always seen him as more of a catch-all villain. Someone who could be used in any book as needed. Also my big exposure to him was in Avengers. However they did include him in the FF Retro wave so?

Kang I see as more of an Avengers villain, and now with the MCU he is also a bit of a catch-all. However his lineage is direct to Reed and the FF so he can fit fine.
User avatar
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:44 pm

You could add Bombastic Bag-Man, Thudra & Stan Lee
Snake-eyes81
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:49 pm

NeoZeRo35 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:11 am
In anticipation for this centerpiece, what figures that have been released so far would help complete a FF shelf? So far I've got:

Reed
Sue
Johnny
Ben
Herbie
Silver Surfer
Terrax
Firelord
Uatu (Marvel Select)
Imposible Man (FF Classics)
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
Klaw
Namor
Mole Man
Psycho Man
Annihilus
Blastaar
Ronan
Super Skrull
Regular Skrull
Black Bolt
Medusa
Kree Sentry

Questionable:
Dragon Man (FF classics) - Would you still add him considering how small he is?
High Evolutionary - I don't know much about the character but I just know he was part of the FF wave.
Kang - Would you consider him more an Avengers villain?

Who else am I missing? Or who else would you add to the shelf?
Thats pretty close to my old shelf. But I also included cosmic characters too. Here are some additional ones

-Cosmic Ghost Rider
-Thanos
-Guardians of the Galaxy
- Blasstar
- Adam Warlock

Image

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”