HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Junkpile
one man's trash...
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Galactus Discussion

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:03 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:21 pm
The thing with not getting the rest of the heralds that we don't already have as future tiers is I'm not sure what else haslab could do to make this enticing enough.

Getting the heralds here just made too much sense. The not so known heralds might not do well in a retail setting, and again what else can they do with galactus?

And I know just galactus alone should be enough. But imo it isn't and that's not my fault and I don't feel I have to apologize for that either. We're going on our 3rd galactus and each one bigger and better than the last. But seeing the sentinel released in the same format has brought expectations with this new galactus.

I'll say it again what else can they do other than the heralds to make this more enticing?
Nobody is asking you to apologize. You'll back or you won't. End of story.
I think that the 'expectations' set by the Sentinel aren't all they're being made out to be, though.

Sentinel got 3 heads - Galactus got 3 different face plates
Sentinel got Bation - Galactus will apparently have the Surfer
Sentinel got female Prime Sentinel - Galactus will have Nova
Sentinel got 2 tentacles - ???

Were the tentacles really that big a draw? What about the Tri-Sentinel head?
All of that (other than Bastion) happened because the campaign went past its expectations, so more was 'unlocked'.
I can understand if people wanted the Surfer to be included and the face-plates to be the first Stretch Goal, but otherwise, the value is about equivalent in the base offering.

I'm less bothered by the 14,000 unit goal now. I watched the Brian Flynn (Super7) interview that Pixel Dan did recently and it's as I suspected: Brian mentioned that shipping costs are up 300% for them and paper cost is up 400%. That's entirely leaving out the other costs - steel molds, electronics and plastic. I have to imagine that the Sentinel is probably not as profitable as it looked when it was backed last year, and Galactus being bigger (probably heavier) and NOT an army builder probably screwed with their projections.

It's everyone's own assessment on whether or not the value hits their sweet spot, so I don't think anyone is wrong for making their own determination. For me, though, counting on stretch goals is not something I'm going to do. If you NEED more than 3 faces and (potentially) a Herald or two, then it might not be for you.

I hope it funds and people are happy, though, as I really want one.
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:10 pm

You definitely don't need to apologize for not thinking the figure is enough on its own, but I also don't know, if the largest Marvel Legends figure ever produced with multiple faces and light up feature and an absurd amount of articulation doesn't appeal to you, what would get it there. Other heralds are definitely one approach, and some interesting energy effects maybe another? Beyond that, it's possible that it's just a case of "This isn't for me" which is always an acceptable response, of course.

I think the increased backer target and the higher price point probably reflect the increased costs of manufacturing more than anything else, but it's a lot of money and everyone has to decide for themselves whether this fits their budget or not. I'm with junkpile; I don't factor extra tiers into my decision because they're "extra" and might not happen, but I hope it gets made, because it's a very cool looking figure.
thekunk2075
CROM!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:51 pm

I'll be honest aside from bastion there was not a sentinel add on that moved the needle for me, I just wanted the sentinel
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:02 pm

I would like effects of other useful things over a bunch of figures I may not use. The modern sentinel figures are probably useless to me because I don’t have a modern collection the would go with. I would have wanted some blast effects or flight stands that could clip on so I could have rogue or storm or someone fly around him. And I think the heralds are mostly goofy looking. But nova is solid so I’m cool with that. I don’t think there is much that is too obscure for the regular line. If the other heralds people want are not in here or make the cut, they will make them eventually. The modern sentinels could have been regular releases figures but for the theme they made sense to do. A lot of people probably would have preferred them as regular releases so they could army build without spending $350 5 times. People laugh at golden oldie but I think they should be super obscure or ridiculous that we would likely never see them. Thematically it’s iffy but the scantily clad savage land X-men might have been better figures for the sentinel as far as something that wouldn’t be put on store shelves.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:05 pm

I would prefer in every case for these big-ticket items that they leave out the electronics in favor of either a lower price-point or more accessories.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 pm

Feels like i'm doing something wrong being content with galactus, and knowing that any "stretch goal" additions are just freebies and i could care less what they are or are not because their free...

I just want my galactus.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:44 pm

Effects like this would definitely be nice:

I agree that the tiers should be more about enhancing the base figure, so effects, a planet he can hold in a hovering way, a more classic chest plate and head (I know, unlikely). His design is just so busy looking.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

thekunk2075 wrote:I'll be honest aside from bastion there was not a sentinel add on that moved the needle for me, I just wanted the sentinel
I loved bastion and the female sentinel and the damaged head, and mastermold head... but the "damaged hand" and tri-sentinel head were absolute wastes.

The tri-sentinel head makes no sense when the body doesn't remotely match, and the damaged hand is lame when we could of gotten something more notable like a swappable chest piece.

Buying 3 got me 1 bastion, 2 male prime sentinels, and 3 female prime sentinels... 2 of which I dont even need and will just end up selling , id much rather gotten a 2nd male prime sentinel than the tri-sentinel head

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:46 pm

Maximoff wrote:I would like effects of other useful things over a bunch of figures I may not use. The modern sentinel figures are probably useless to me because I don’t have a modern collection the would go with. I would have wanted some blast effects or flight stands that could clip on so I could have rogue or storm or someone fly around him. And I think the heralds are mostly goofy looking. But nova is solid so I’m cool with that. I don’t think there is much that is too obscure for the regular line. If the other heralds people want are not in here or make the cut, they will make them eventually. The modern sentinels could have been regular releases figures but for the theme they made sense to do. A lot of people probably would have preferred them as regular releases so they could army build without spending $350 5 times. People laugh at golden oldie but I think they should be super obscure or ridiculous that we would likely never see them. Thematically it’s iffy but the scantily clad savage land X-men might have been better figures for the sentinel as far as something that wouldn’t be put on store shelves.
The prime sentinels aren't "modern" , they're late 90s/early 2000s era.

Captain Batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:58 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
thekunk2075 wrote:I'll be honest aside from bastion there was not a sentinel add on that moved the needle for me, I just wanted the sentinel
I loved bastion and the female sentinel and the damaged head, and mastermold head... but the "damaged hand" and tri-sentinel head were absolute wastes.

The tri-sentinel head makes no sense when the body doesn't remotely match, and the damaged hand is lame when we could of gotten something more notable like a swappable chest piece.

Buying 3 got me 1 bastion, 2 male prime sentinels, and 3 female prime sentinels... 2 of which I dont even need and will just end up selling , id much rather gotten a 2nd male prime sentinel than the tri-sentinel head

I may be interested in those female prime sentinels..
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:37 pm

I like how he looks better with the LEDs off. It looks a lot less busy and that's fortunate because replacing those LEDs would be a pain.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:40 pm

At $400 this is a great value even if it’s a big expense. Paint aside, Sideshow’s marketed statues almost as tall or nearly a foot shorter for twice the cost. Almost bit on the 33” maquette awhile ago thinking Legends would never get one out that big.

I hope this thing gets enough backers. I’m holding off till I’m done eBaying some extra stuff but it’s a lock for me. Sure would make me feel better to have a Sentinel in hand when I commit for Galactus though.

Nova and any version of Surfer are kind of disappointing add-ons just due to how easily they’d sell in the regular line. Air Walker or Stardust would’ve been good to see as premium exclusives. The Prime Sentinels were just the perfect bonus though since they were fairly niche.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:56 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Buying 3 got me 1 bastion, 2 male prime sentinels, and 3 female prime sentinels... 2 of which I dont even need and will just end up selling:
Yea, just throwing in an extra male Prime Sentinel would’ve been why preferred stretch goal. Over any of the additional heads. The battle damage parts never look right when there aren’t a lot of battle damage paint apps or just more body damage, and the other 2 heads just won’t make my displays since Master Mold would be too small and the Tri Sentinel head is just ultra useless.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 pm

I don’t think reaching stretch goals is even going to come into play here. It think it will fund, but I think it will come down pretty close to the wire. Sentinels are unique in their appeal. Hasbro could solicit another run, and even if they had to increase the price a bit, they would still blow a 14,000 unit goal out of the water. It’s hard to imagine any other character, vehicle, or play set (at the $300+ price point) not struggling to reach that mark.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:22 pm

I'll admit, I'm surprised how long it's in in the 8800's. All weekend, right?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics