2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 pm

I finally had a chance to open the Iron Man vs Thanos set. Awesome two pack! So many great alternate heads and hands and weapons.

Tony’s two head sculpts are outstanding. I also like this helmet and neck combination better than the original armor. It has better neck range of motion. The translucent blue weapons are very nice. This feels like an excellent upgrade.

Thanos is also a huge improvement with the ankle rockers and corrected loin cloth armor. His double bladed sword is so much better, too. I wish he came with another right arm without a gauntlet. I tried a quick attempt to swap out the arm, but I couldn’t get it to pop out. I didn’t have any heat, so I might try that later.

Overall, what a great set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
I finally had a chance to open the Iron Man vs Thanos set. Awesome two pack! So many great alternate heads and hands and weapons.

Tony’s two head sculpts are outstanding. I also like this helmet and neck combination better than the original armor. It has better neck range of motion. The translucent blue weapons are very nice. This feels like an excellent upgrade.

Thanos is also a huge improvement with the ankle rockers and corrected loin cloth armor. His double bladed sword is so much better, too. I wish he came with another right arm without a gauntlet. I tried a quick attempt to swap out the arm, but I couldn’t get it to pop out. I didn’t have any heat, so I might try that later.

It needs to be heated. If you swap backwards onto the original BAF release (and also swap the legs) you'll need to cut a bit of the nub off of the peg so it fits into the other elbow. But then it can port into either. Lots of mix and match potential - I don't mind the wrong loin cloth to have undamaged armor and both bicep guards.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:21 am

Enforcer wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:

It needs to be heated. If you swap backwards onto the original BAF release (and also swap the legs) you'll need to cut a bit of the nub off of the peg so it fits into the other elbow. But then it can port into either. Lots of mix and match potential - I don't mind the wrong loin cloth to have undamaged armor and both bicep guards.
Thanks for this! Are you talking about swapping Thanos’ arm at the elbow? I meant just pulling the arm out at the shoulder, which theoretically should be swappable because it is a BAF joint.

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:32 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:

Thanks for this! Are you talking about swapping Thanos’ arm at the elbow? I meant just pulling the arm out at the shoulder, which theoretically should be swappable because it is a BAF joint.

Correct. I heard people say that the arm won't pop out of the torso on the new release so this was my solution.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:12 am

The arm popped out of mine when I did it without heat or anything. So it probably just depends on the Thanos you end up with cause he is made for it to pop out at least
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 pm

most of my target have been clean out of the infinity line stuff for a while, but went to one on the other of work and found the happy/midas set. best of all scan it and priced at $15 bucks, overall great set and great to have happy in the group.
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:01 am

Got my Iron Man Mark III and Infinity War Cap today, figured I'd buy all of the single packs since the two packs didn't really appeal as much to me, strangely. Cap and Tony are great action figures, and I'm super happy to have these specific versions of them in my collection, but damn, does Steve seem short next to Iron Man and Endgame Thor.
ZenGopher
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:19 am
ZenGopher wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:07 am
So no luck at Walmart earlier tonight. No Caps anywhere, even though brickseek indicated 6+. My guess is they haven't made it to the shelves yet.

I saw someone on Reddit this afternoon say that they saw Cap and the other Infinity Saga figures and sets on a different aisle than the rest of the Legends. I saw Walmart do that at all of my local stores in 2019 when they put the 80th anniversary sets on a different aisle from the rest.

That doesn't mean it was in the stores you went to and you missed them, although perhaps it does. It's just as likely they're in the middle of a reset and your stores haven't done them yet. When I go tomorrow if I don't see Cap I'm going to check aisles near the Legends for empty--or hopefully full--pegs with Infinity Saga tags on them.
So, I am way late in posting an update on this... was sidelined with vertigo for several days (hope to never go through that again) and have been playing catch up at life and work since.

Anyway, no luck in finding Caps for a while. Finally made it back to one of the Walmart's showing in stock on Brickseek on Thursday night and there were a bunch (12 to 15, or more) on clearance for $20. I decided not to buy and keep an eye on price on Brickseek hoping I could make it back out here if they did. On Friday morning they had dropped to $10, so I made a trip out this morning since it still showed 6+ in stock and picked up 4. Already have a plan for 3 to display and always feel like I need another Cap, so got a fourth. There were still 5 sitting on the shelf when I left. Still spent less than on my pre-order of 2 that I cancelled when I realized the in store price was less than the pre-order price.

The other Walmart with them in stock still shows full price, and I have yet to see them in any of the several Walmarts that are closer to me.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:18 am

There was a lot of talk about doing this, but I don't recall seeing anyone actually doing it, but here's Quicksilver with an Aaron Taylor-Johnson makeover:

Not perfect - I probably used too dark a brown but that's what happens when you get inspired at night. :/ But I redid all his features, added a little paint to his furrowed brow and redid his hair completely. I like it a lot more now. Gotta glue the hair all the way down again

Anyone else had success at any cosmetic changes for this guy?

Still have to give this figure props - from literally the neck down it's fantastic. The proportions, the poseabilty - for a normal human, he's good hand candy.

Now if only AoU Wanda was coming soon...
Comedian
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:06 pm

I’m still waiting on the snap Tony set, the “What If” wave and the new spider-man wave. I’m missing a few iron man figures from the second film but they are so expansive for how outdated they are I’m hoping for new releases as anticipated by the large space I have for that film. The fox films are on the bottom then starts the MCU. From left to right going up ( I wanted the newer films at eye level so I went backwards) they start in order of how to view them when watching the films.The spider-man films are on the playset. Im open to any other ideas or constructive criticism.
ImageFBB28107-9575-4FAA-94CB-2839D0F9FE98 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Good Lord. Amazing display.
Captain Batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:08 pm

ZenGopher wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:19 am
ZenGopher wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:07 am
So no luck at Walmart earlier tonight. No Caps anywhere, even though brickseek indicated 6+. My guess is they haven't made it to the shelves yet.

I saw someone on Reddit this afternoon say that they saw Cap and the other Infinity Saga figures and sets on a different aisle than the rest of the Legends. I saw Walmart do that at all of my local stores in 2019 when they put the 80th anniversary sets on a different aisle from the rest.

That doesn't mean it was in the stores you went to and you missed them, although perhaps it does. It's just as likely they're in the middle of a reset and your stores haven't done them yet. When I go tomorrow if I don't see Cap I'm going to check aisles near the Legends for empty--or hopefully full--pegs with Infinity Saga tags on them.
So, I am way late in posting an update on this... was sidelined with vertigo for several days (hope to never go through that again) and have been playing catch up at life and work since.

Anyway, no luck in finding Caps for a while. Finally made it back to one of the Walmart's showing in stock on Brickseek on Thursday night and there were a bunch (12 to 15, or more) on clearance for $20. I decided not to buy and keep an eye on price on Brickseek hoping I could make it back out here if they did. On Friday morning they had dropped to $10, so I made a trip out this morning since it still showed 6+ in stock and picked up 4. Already have a plan for 3 to display and always feel like I need another Cap, so got a fourth. There were still 5 sitting on the shelf when I left. Still spent less than on my pre-order of 2 that I cancelled when I realized the in store price was less than the pre-order price.

The other Walmart with them in stock still shows full price, and I have yet to see them in any of the several Walmarts that are closer to me.
They don’t have anymore still do they? Haven’t been able to find any in Houston.
Captain Batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:10 pm

Stopped by a target close to the house yesterday and saw they put out a few of the Happy/Midas sets. First time they’ve even had them at this location. Scanned them and rang up at $15. Well worth it!
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Captain Batman wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:10 pm
Stopped by a target close to the house yesterday and saw they put out a few of the Happy/Midas sets. First time they’ve even had them at this location. Scanned them and rang up at $15. Well worth it!
Crazy isn't it? It's like retailers just wanted to move these things immediately and started them off at clearance prices.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:57 pm

Picked up the Pepper/Carol set on the sale and Carol's new face is great - her hair has some of the best shading and paint work this line has seen all year.

But Pepper - how the heck is the average consumer supposed to know what to do with her new flying jetpack pieces? I looked online - apparently I'm supposed to pull out the flippy jetpack pieces to install the new pieces into those ports. But seriously Hasbro - how would a normal person know a) to pull out those pieces and b) that pulling on them wouldn't be breaking them?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”