2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Premium Line (Summer/Fall '21)

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm

As far as execution, I think VII and III are pretty much on even ground. I love both, but aesthetically, in terms of design, III edges it out. It's the original Adi Granov design, based loosely on his Extremis design. It was my fav, and might always be my fav MCU armor. My gripes with the III figure are minor: sometimes his arms look short, but mostly only when the drop hips are lowered. I also don't love drop hips, but appreciate how they help this figure do the superhero landing. I don't think I'll ever use the alternate forearm attachments, nor the mask-up head. I do hope we get a mk II recolor as soon as possible. Then the mk I is the priority, then the IM2 armors. IV and VI should be quick and easy, but V could take a while.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:12 pm

The arms on the Mk III feel like they would snap off easily...
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:13 pm

I was thinking for the next one, which may not be until 2023 if they're only doing the ML anniversary next year, but they reeeeeeeeally should have a Hawkeye and a Widow finally. They could very easily do a deluxe style Endgame Hawkeye with the regular Ronin figure but painted under the jacket, alternate head and hands, bow and quiver and maybe even the arrow they included with Taskmaster. Finally give us the bow with the string pulled back they gave to the Old Man figure. Widow, I dunno... give us something. They keep omitting these two characters from their anniversary-type lines.
NORM wrote:
I don't think I'll ever use the alternate forearm attachments, nor the mask-up head. I do hope we get a mk II recolor as soon as possible. Then the mk I is the priority, then the IM2 armors. IV and VI should be quick and easy, but V could take a while.
Just to play off what you said... I don't think you ever see Tony with mask up in the Mark II, BUT you do see Rhodey that way in the second movie. Would be cool if they added that head as an accessory for the Mark II figure. (I'd still much rather get the War Machine Mark I but also have the IV with a Rhodey head though.)

But I agree on Iron Man Mark I being the next one they should do, even though I likely wouldn't get it. Once you get IV, the VI will be just need a new torso, but you're right that V wouldn't have a lot of re-use potential so that is likely the lowest on their list. I don't want to collect the original six, but man... that is so tempting to try.
NORM

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:30 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:13 pm
I was thinking for the next one, which may not be until 2023 if they're only doing the ML anniversary next year, but they reeeeeeeeally should have a Hawkeye and a Widow finally. They could very easily do a deluxe style Endgame Hawkeye with the regular Ronin figure but painted under the jacket, alternate head and hands, bow and quiver and maybe even the arrow they included with Taskmaster. Finally give us the bow with the string pulled back they gave to the Old Man figure. Widow, I dunno... give us something. They keep omitting these two characters from their anniversary-type lines.
NORM wrote:
I don't think I'll ever use the alternate forearm attachments, nor the mask-up head. I do hope we get a mk II recolor as soon as possible. Then the mk I is the priority, then the IM2 armors. IV and VI should be quick and easy, but V could take a while.
Just to play off what you said... I don't think you ever see Tony with mask up in the Mark II, BUT you do see Rhodey that way in the second movie. Would be cool if they added that head as an accessory for the Mark II figure. (I'd still much rather get the War Machine Mark I but also have the IV with a Rhodey head though.)

But I agree on Iron Man Mark I being the next one they should do, even though I likely wouldn't get it. Once you get IV, the VI will be just need a new torso, but you're right that V wouldn't have a lot of re-use potential so that is likely the lowest on their list. I don't want to collect the original six, but man... that is so tempting to try.
I would surely welcome Barton and Romanov. A1, AoU, Endgame, anything.

I think redos of I, II, IV, V, VI are absolutely necessary. Try integrating the Infinity Saga III in with the originals of the aforementioned. They match similarly to the way current ML would match with the discount 6" line. The III puts the others to shame. They are literal garbage now.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:40 pm

NORM wrote:

I think redos of I, II, IV, V, VI are absolutely necessary. Try integrating the Infinity Saga III in with the originals of the aforementioned. They match similarly to the way current ML would match with the discount 6" line. The III puts the others to shame. They are literal garbage now.
Absolutely. I had the IV, V, and VI for a long time but once the VII came out a few years ago, I sold them off.

Also, to add to your list there, Civil War is another one for that pair. At least Endgame, they gave us SOMEthing but Civil War, those two are the big omissions for the cast. Anyone who has a Civil War shelf had to substitute something for Widow and Hawkeye. And Widow is pretty standard there (I haven't looked that hard but the body from IW may even work, just new hair) but Civil War may be my favorite Hawkeye suit. At least until the one he has in BTS pics from his show. But I also feel his AOU suit was at least interesting enough to warrant a figure.
NORM

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:42 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
NORM wrote:

Absolutely. I had the IV, V, and VI for a long time but once the VII came out a few years ago, I sold them off.

Also, to add to your list there, Civil War is another one for that pair. At least Endgame, they gave us SOMEthing but Civil War, those two are the big omissions for the cast. Anyone who has a Civil War shelf had to substitute something for Widow and Hawkeye. And Widow is pretty standard there (I haven't looked that hard but the body from IW may even work, just new hair) but Civil War may be my favorite Hawkeye suit. At least until the one he has in BTS pics from his show. But I also feel his AOU suit was at least interesting enough to warrant a figure.
Too true, I knew there was an appearance I was forgetting. It wasn't Infinity War, since we have Widow, and Hawkeye didn't appear. It was Civil War. And yes, their looks in that movie are probably my favorite, and so glaringly missing from the display. Definitely the biggest omission since not even crappy versions exist.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:16 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
NORM wrote:

A redone Mk1 War Machine with today's quality and scale would be absolutely amazing.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:17 pm

I agree. It's still my favorite War Machine, even though I don't actually dislike any of his armors so far.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:20 pm

I think a Widow/Hawkeye 2 pack from CW makes more sense to me than an Endgame one. I would be much more excited for that, even if I am admittedly burnt out on Black Widow figures now.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:23 pm

A CW Hawkeye will probably make a Quicksilver-esque jump on the top 10 lists. I'm fine with the Ronin body and Quantum 2-pack head for the Endgame version.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:25 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:23 pm
A CW Hawkeye will probably make a Quicksilver-esque jump on the top 10 lists. I'm fine with the Ronin body and Quantum 2-pack head for the Endgame version.
That is what I did for mine and I did the IW Black Widow with EG 2 pack head and taking off the best, and both figures look great to me as is and I am happy with them. The CW versions def are larger gaps IMO
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:27 pm

I am also fine with that Hawkeye, having done that kitbash myself and won't mind sticking with the Endgame Widow figure I got from BBTS. If they do a real Endgame Widow figure, I would be extremely tempted to get it but I'm not clamoring for it so much now.

We are all in agreement then: CW set please. Throw in a micro Scott as an accessory!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:58 am

I also would like a larger scale Ant-Man. If I gotta adjust the shelves for Surtur anyway, give me a bigger Scott as well please.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:21 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:21 pm
I'm surprised I'm not hearing more people complain about the VERY difficult to turn Mark 3 arms on here. I've seen two people say on Reddit theirs broke off, and mine makes loud clicking sounds every time I rotate the arm that sound like they will snap at any time if I keep turning them.
I bought 2 and one of them had a shoulder like that. I tried a few things but the issue is really that the peg is not hard plastic. It’s the same PVC used for the rest of the body and twists a ton before clicking. I returned that one after swapping his leg since the other one had a big missing gold paint spot.

Since it’s soft plastic heating won’t do anything for the joint. I pulled it apart and the only thing that ended up happening was a bunch of the other joints got loose.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:23 pm

Ditto re: Mk III’s shoulders, but the most disappointing thing about it for me is the arc reactor. It’s the shiftiest cheapest looking painted effort I’ve seen in a while, they should have either done a better job on the colouring or had it be a socket with a clear plastic plate over paint to give a little depth to the final effect.

I found Surtur and Odin in store but passed on them for budgetary reasons as it has been an expensive month but I did get Endgame Tony and Thanos because I had a discount - the clerk misapplied it snd gave me £10 off instead of 10% so I was quietly pleased by that because I was mostly wanting those to to mix and match parts across figures I already had such as the new Tony heads and Thanos’ finally accurate weapon, but then when I opened them….

OH MY GOD THEY FIXED THANOS’ DAMN ANKLES AND THEY HAVE BALL JOINTS NOW!!!!!

The down side? Still no waist or torso swivel and the arms still confound me as between numerous releases of this the tweaks are still only incremental detail differences in whether they have shoulder armour or bracer detail. I get the feeling they’ll still release another version of this with further tweaks, it’s getting dragged out badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”