Disney+ Wave 2 February 2022 - (The Watcher BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 pm

I imagine you're right. Are there six or seven in the wave? May be one more.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 pm
I imagine you're right. Are there six or seven in the wave? May be one more.

Seven, rumors are:

Loki (Sylvie?)
Star Lord (T'Challa)
Captain America (Zombie?)
Queen (Captain Carter?)
SPD (Spider-Man Supreme?)
Dr Strange (?)
Nebula (actually Gamora?)
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Hbhf wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:52 pm
The Lego lineup officially shown off. Guessing this is a pretty good snapshot of what the What If? figures will be.
Spoiler! :
I'd say that all of the What If characters from this image are going to comprise the Legends line-up.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:07 pm

My bet is that, yes, Doctor Strange will be the last one.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:35 pm

I’m totally in for Spider supreme and Captain carter. Don’t much care for the rest
Rawr993
Customized

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:42 am

I’m into gamora in thanos armour but would prefer the other look with a new body so could double as a vol 1, endgame and what if? Gamora. But i’ll be happy with whatever, hopefully if they have thanos armour she has double jointed elbows.

ukiyo zoshi

Honestly i’m keen for the what if figures especially if these variant characters make live action appearances like one character is rumoured too, definitely seems like it would make sense to base this on their live action counterparts than animated style.

Off topic Since we might be getting a new t’challa figure would people be keen for a more casual looking t’challa figure maybe similar to the stan lee release?

Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:46 am

^I would buy that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:00 am

I was kind of surprised they never did a robed Tchalla figure. The had multiple color versions of him in his robes for the POP vinyl line.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 am

I am planning to get Gamora and Peggy. Still on the fence about Sylvie mostly because of the way I'm displaying now, not sure where she could go...

PantherCult wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:00 am
I was kind of surprised they never did a robed Tchalla figure. The had multiple color versions of him in his robes for the POP vinyl line.
I was surprised too. Maybe some type of memorial figure.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:21 am

I would definitely buy a robed T'challa figure, in part because I strive to have all of the live action Legends, but also because that man was just truly a legend himself. It's really a shame we lost him so soon.

On another note, I'm starting to wonder, since we've only seen Sylvie so far, when this wave will actually drop, given how late Wave 1 rolled out this year and the fact that we've seen zero overseas in-hand "leaks" yet. It can't go too much later, because we still have the Eternals wave and No Way Home before years end, but with the Infinity Saga next month, and roughly a wave per month left to release, this is shaping up to be a crowded and expensive last half of the year with not a lot of downtime in between releases.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:45 am

Collector4612 wrote:I would definitely buy a robed T'challa figure, in part because I strive to have all of the live action Legends, but also because that man was just truly a legend himself. It's really a shame we lost him so soon.

On another note, I'm starting to wonder, since we've only seen Sylvie so far, when this wave will actually drop, given how late Wave 1 rolled out this year and the fact that we've seen zero overseas in-hand "leaks" yet. It can't go too much later, because we still have the Eternals wave and No Way Home before years end, but with the Infinity Saga next month, and roughly a wave per month left to release, this is shaping up to be a crowded and expensive last half of the year with not a lot of downtime in between releases.
I think it and xmen apocalypse wave 2 will hit about the same time, and probably by the end of next month/early sept

- infinity saga (August)
- Xmen Apocalypse W2 (Sept)
- Disney+ W2 (Sept)
- Eternals (Oct)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (Nov)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 am

Collector4612 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:21 am
I would definitely buy a robed T'challa figure, in part because I strive to have all of the live action Legends, but also because that man was just truly a legend himself. It's really a shame we lost him so soon.

Was Shang Chi the wave that wasn't shown/up for order until it was actually released? As in they skipped the preorder? I forget which wave that was, but maybe the ones you listed will all be like that with spoilers in mind? I know Eternals shouldn't be but I don't know why else they're doing it like this.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 am

Some rumors indicate the wave may be shown during the Fan First event this week. So I would imagine that also means preorders if they do.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Rektangular said something about a Disney Store exclusive set of three figures. I took it to mean for What If, and it's not clear to me if this is definitely NOT the Hydra Stomper deluxe figure (meaning, maybe he saw the price and assumed it was three figures rather than one big figure).

Based on how he presented it, the only other thing it could be is a Loki set (he mentioned it as he transitioned from talking about Sylvie to talking about What If). IF it's Loki, my best guesses would be (Loki spoilers from the last two episodes of the show):
Spoiler! :
a finale trio from the Citadel with Loki and Sylvie being retools, or Classic, Boastful, and Kid Loki with alligator accessory.
Otherwise, if it's What If, then who knows.
whatevaevaeva
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:05 pm

Really looking forward to the T'Challa Star-Lord reveal. Though I wonder, based on how Black Series has treated animated characters, what the What If Legends will look like. Will they try to do face-printing of the live-action actors, or skew closer to the stylization?

Also wondering if there's a chance an MCU Howard the Duck figure sneaks in somewhere. Seems he has a semi-prominent role in the Star-Lord episode.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”