X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
tetragene
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:01 pm

great shots, Royal. DP really would pop more in gold, but I'm hopeful they will do another regular Phoenix on the new body with a lighter green & gold scheme

Are Spiral's arms the general length/size of the Shriek mold? If so buying an extra would give Disco Dazzler sculpts for her forearm band & bracelets as well as better ROM for her microphone. Spiral's legs look bulkier than the Shriek size, but can't tell on the arms
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:37 pm

Akatsuki wrote: Great posing, Royal Collector!

Dark Phoenix and Spiral look fantastic! Love both character designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Akat, I can't wait to get the rest of this wave, it's a strong wave with a mix of much needed upgrades/re-do's.
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:33 am
Spiral is probably the figure of the year for me.
Awesome! Unfortunately for me I might be left out in the cold when it comes to Spiral. Missed her on pulse so had to go with Dorkside and as of late they're giving hints that they're not participating in life these days. But I didn't come to this conclusion till a couple weeks ago and made the decision to try entertainment earth and put a pre-order in there... Probably too late at this point.

You of all people potentially not having Spiral is insane to me. I'm really hoping Dorkside to pull through for you. Anybody who ends up with an extra Spiral and you're in the same location as them, hit 100pts up, this would be an outrage if they didn't get one!

tetragene wrote: great shots, Royal. DP really would pop more in gold, but I'm hopeful they will do another regular Phoenix on the new body with a lighter green & gold scheme

Are Spiral's arms the general length/size of the Shriek mold? If so buying an extra would give Disco Dazzler sculpts for her forearm band & bracelets as well as better ROM for her microphone. Spiral's legs look bulkier than the Shriek size, but can't tell on the arms
Thanks tetragene, a new green Phoenix is definitely overdue. I've been advocating for one with a brighter color scheme for what feels like years. Now these new bodies are circulating, it seems like it's time.

The arms pretty much exactly the same length and thickness. Spiral's maybe have slightly more muscle definition. The shoulder joint on Spiral is smaller which I'm assuming is to hep with movement as all the arms are together in a small space. Really good idea about Disco Dazzler, I'll be looking out for the swap if you manage it.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:43 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:37 pm
Akatsuki wrote: Great posing, Royal Collector!

Dark Phoenix and Spiral look fantastic! Love both character designs.

Thanks Akat, I can't wait to get the rest of this wave, it's a strong wave with a mix of much needed upgrades/re-do's.
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
Awesome! Unfortunately for me I might be left out in the cold when it comes to Spiral. Missed her on pulse so had to go with Dorkside and as of late they're giving hints that they're not participating in life these days. But I didn't come to this conclusion till a couple weeks ago and made the decision to try entertainment earth and put a pre-order in there... Probably too late at this point.

You of all people potentially not having Spiral is insane to me. I'm really hoping Dorkside to pull through for you. Anybody who ends up with an extra Spiral and you're in the same location as them, hit 100pts up, this would be an outrage if they didn't get one!

tetragene wrote: great shots, Royal. DP really would pop more in gold, but I'm hopeful they will do another regular Phoenix on the new body with a lighter green & gold scheme

Thanks tetragene, a new green Phoenix is definitely overdue. I've been advocating for one with a brighter color scheme for what feels like years. Now these new bodies are circulating, it seems like it's time.

The arms pretty much exactly the same length and thickness. Spiral's maybe have slightly more muscle definition. The shoulder joint on Spiral is smaller which I'm assuming is to hep with movement as all the arms are together in a small space. Really good idea about Disco Dazzler, I'll be looking out for the swap if you manage it.
Lol, thanks man! I agree.
KolobosRexx
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:56 pm

Spiral does look Fantastic!! I am definitely giving her the swords and scabbard from the first version though!
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:04 pm

I was only able to salvage one of the four swords I have for the original and variant Spiral. The plastic is so soft they've warped.

One thing I am disappointed about with Spiral, her head does not have a ball/hinge. It's just a double ball joint, which makes having her look down difficult.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:46 pm

Anyone get their Retro Beast from BBTS yet?
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:53 pm

Handsome wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:46 pm
Anyone get their Retro Beast from BBTS yet?
The blue one with the labcoat? Mine was shipped it just hasn't as arrived yet.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:50 pm

Yeah. Mine still says it's on pre-order for March, but I see it being in stock in places like Pulse. I'd rather get it from BBTS because I already have a pile of loot I'm going to ship soon, so the shipping on Beast wouldn't cost anything extra. But I'm tempted to just pay a little more for shipping and get it from Pulse since it's in stock right now.
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:23 pm

What about Retro Beast from Gamestop? Anyone have any movement on that?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

KEWOOSKI
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:37 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:

Dark Phoenix is nice and the new body is a plus. Not my preferred colour scheme but she's eye candy.

Holy shazbot!
KolobosRexx
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:43 pm

...Hey!!! Did Y'All know Banshee is now Bonded to a Spirit of Vengeance, and called "Vox Ignis"?? lol...
Nik
CROM!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:09 am

KolobosRexx wrote:
...Hey!!! Did Y'All know Banshee is now Bonded to a Spirit of Vengeance, and called "Vox Ignis"?? lol...
Whenever I get a little tidbit of information about what's been going on in the HiXman era, I feel like I absolutely made the right call in deciding to not read any X-books until it all blows over. I LOVE the X-Men, but these new stories are not for me, and this Banshee with a silly new name is just more evidence of that.
KolobosRexx
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:36 am

Nik wrote:
KolobosRexx wrote:
Whenever I get a little tidbit of information about what's been going on in the HiXman era, I feel like I absolutely made the right call in deciding to not read any X-books until it all blows over. I LOVE the X-Men, but these new stories are not for me, and this Banshee with a silly new name is just more evidence of that.
I get that! There's been a handful of interesting concepts imho, that have come out of the "Post-House of X"-Era, but it's a concept that is long overdue to be over and moving along by now. I don't think I have been invested in an X-Story since the end of the Morrison era... But this weird "mutant telenovela" thing they have going is past its prime!
Nik
CROM!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:38 am

KolobosRexx wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:36 am
Nik wrote:
KolobosRexx wrote:
I get that! There's been a handful of interesting concepts imho, that have come out of the "Post-House of X"-Era, but it's a concept that is long overdue to be over and moving along by now. I don't think I have been invested in an X-Story since the end of the Morrison era... But this weird "mutant telenovela" thing they have going is past its prime!
Morrison and Quitely's New X-Men is my 2nd favorite run of X books, after the original New Mutants run in the 80s, so I feel you there. But I will say, though I seem to be in the minority, I absolutely loved the All-New X-Men with the young OGs coming to the future, and the subsequent X-Men Blue and X-Men Red were fantastic, IMO.

Gold, not so much, but Blue and Red were awesome. I was quite bummed when they were unceremoniously cancelled in favor of Hickman's idea to make the X-Men assholes and villains. I can't wait to see what comes after the HOX stuff.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:32 am

KolobosRexx wrote:...Hey!!! Did Y'All know Banshee is now Bonded to a Spirit of Vengeance, and called "Vox Ignis"?? lol...
Didn’t know that but it would make sense. Banshee are associated with death in the mythology (and they are female…). DC’s Silver Banshee was always more on model.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”