X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:31 pm

WTHIOTina wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:24 pm
StjJames wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:21 pm
Anyone else a Hasbro Pulse Premium member able to get early access to preorder those X-men retro figures?
Dan just tweeted we don't get Marvel stuff until 6....so much for the perks of Pulse Membership...
So I hope that these are going to be available to preorder everywhere at 6pm. Cause Hasbro PulseI is notorious for selling out quick on certain figures and having to order 6 figures could mean something might be sold out before I’m ready to check out.
Mannie_Bothans
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:33 pm

Wow, I've been sitting here for 30 minutes refreshing like a clown. They did not specify that before the show. That's crazy.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:52 pm

Disappointing to hear. I'm sure it'll be the same way with the Star Wars figures tomorrow too. Every time I think I can justify spending the money and feeling like it's worth it to be a Pulse Premium member, they go and take away what makes it special.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 pm

I'm in for everyone except Dark Phoenix since I got like three of them from the TRU two pack. I hope we get Destiny next year so we can complete the DOFP Brotherhood.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:03 pm

Wolverine and Dark Phoenix for sure. Debating Longshot and Spiral since they look so good.
Crusher Creel
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:05 pm

This wave blew me away. What a beautiful surprise! Can't wait to get that Avalanche, although now I have to go back and get Toad, lol.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Was able to place my order. Sucks that the 2 figure per customer limit is there so could only get two of Jamie but I understand why Hasbro does it. Are these exclusive to Pulse?

CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:06 pm

I ordered everything but Madrox and Longshot. So excited for these :D
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:07 pm

Yeah. I like Dark Phoenix with gold rather than yellow as her 2ndary color. Seems more regal. Phoenix Phoenix is fine in yellow but it should flip gold when she breaks bad.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:07 pm

blackcomicnerd wrote:
Was able to place my order. Sucks that the 2 figure per customer limit is there so could only get two of Jamie but I understand why Hasbro does it. Are these exclusive to Pulse?

Nope. I ordered 2 MMs from Pulse and 2 from BBTS.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:09 pm

I pre-ordered the entire wave from Pulse, but then went and ordered 3 more of Madrox from BBTS since they didn't set a limit.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:10 pm

The #275 team, I'm going all in on. That's the last major X-Men figures I really wanted. I don't love the heads on Wolverine or the cape on Banshee, but whatever. I'm getting all of those.

I have the old Stryfe, and I'm pretty happy with it. I may get the new one if it has some cool accessories, but for now I'm thinking I'll pass.

My collection is '90s focused, so I don't need Avalanche. And I'm not doing the Mojo-verse either, so I can pass on Spiral and Longshot. Though why didn't they make Longshot's costume blue this time? I'm thinking the Jim Lee #10 cover, it looks blue to me. Would have differentiated it more from the box-set version.

The Multiple Man and Dark Phoenix are passes for me as well, though obviously those sell for a lot on ebay, so good on Hasbro for finally re-making them.

The Cyclops looks goods, but them taking "a pause" on this line next year to focus on Spider-Man, that means it won't be until 2024 that you get Gambit, Rogue, Beast, Professor X, or Magneto, if ever. Sure, you can mix the VHS line with older figures, but such a weird choice to have cell shading on some and not on others. But I think the cell-shading should be easy to take off of this Cyclops. Even with the straps being sculpted too high, they look so much better on the Morph, I'm considering getting the new Cyclops to replace the Warlock wave one.

dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:15 pm

I ordered Longshot and Spiral from Entertainment Earth due to the free shipping. Will these not be available on Amazon?
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:16 pm

dchimpy wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:15 pm
I ordered Longshot and Spiral from Entertainment Earth due to the free shipping. Will these not be available on Amazon?
They're up, I already ordered. Just search marvel legends and sort by newest.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:17 pm

Handsome wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:10 pm
The Cyclops looks goods, but them taking "a pause" on this line next year to focus on Spider-Man, that means it won't be until 2024 that you get Gambit, Rogue, Beast, Professor X, or Magneto, if ever. Sure, you can mix the VHS line with older figures, but such a weird choice to have cell shading on some and not on others. But I think the cell-shading should be easy to take off of this Cyclops. Even with the straps being sculpted too high, they look so much better on the Morph, I'm considering getting the new Cyclops to replace the Warlock wave one.

Totally fair criticism. I think it was about getting some more Spider-Man product on the shelves next year. Seems like 2023 is going to be very X-Men-centric.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”