X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:53 pm

If any of you missed out on the Gambit and Rogue Retro figures and still want them, they're up for pre-order at Target:

https://www.target.com/p/hasbro-marvel- ... A-80173155

https://www.target.com/p/hasbro-marvel- ... A-80173149
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

X-Men Retro Legends

Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:28 pm

My only goal for my 90’s era X-Men from the get go is that I’ve pretty much wanted every character that appeared in the X-Cutioner’s Song story arc and we are nearly there. We have the blue and gold teams outside of Banshee, X-Factor and most of X-Force (outside of Feral, Rictor, Siryn, Domino and the complete cannonball). Once that’s finished I think we need Excalibur, Dark Riders, Nasty Boys, The M.L.F. And Apocalypse’s Four Horsemen. I would need Magneto’s Acolytes too.

After that we need just a few minor teams and eras. I’d like the Mojo-verse Savage Land mutates and Fall People. I’d like a Graydon Creed. I’d love to finish off the Hellfire Club with Leland, Tessa, Trevor Fitzroy and Selene. I’d like a Senator Robert Kelly and for them to finish off the giant sized era team with Wolverine, Havok, Polaris, Banshee and Angel. Same goes for the remaining members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. And then I think I need Starjammers and the Shi’ar Imperial Guard

And finally I’ll take minor teams like outback era, astonishing and early x-factor. But they are not super high on my list because I didn’t read a lot of those stories growing up so there’s no affinity there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
electricidad
I wish I had super powers

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Handsome wrote:
If any of you missed out on the Gambit and Rogue Retro figures and still want them, they're up for pre-order at Target:

Thank you! I missed Rogue, and just snapped her up.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:27 am

I would love to see the Cyclops and Dark Phoenix (or just Phoenix) figures from the TRU 2-pack released in the Retro/Vintage line. I cannot believe it hasn’t happened yet.

100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:36 am

I definitely think that cyclops needs some updating with the newer better heads.
WickedFrontier
Super Poseable

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:25 pm

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:27 am
I would love to see the Cyclops and Dark Phoenix (or just Phoenix) figures from the TRU 2-pack released in the Retro/Vintage line. I cannot believe it hasn’t happened yet.

This is my main mutant-related want right now. I seriously need a Green Phoenix!
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:56 pm

1990's X-Men Action Figure Quiz

Thought this was worth sharing. A fun little click quiz (I'm sure most folks here won't have trouble getting them all) but mostly I thought it was a cool look at all of the different cardbacks used during the 90s X-Men figure lines. I'd be particularly interested in getting some figures on those Generation X cards...
Bolt
Super Poseable

Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:53 pm

H-bird wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:56 pm
1990's X-Men Action Figure Quiz

Thought this was worth sharing. A fun little click quiz (I'm sure most folks here won't have trouble getting them all) but mostly I thought it was a cool look at all of the different cardbacks used during the 90s X-Men figure lines. I'd be particularly interested in getting some figures on those Generation X cards...
Thanks for that. Also, yeah, I'm sure I'd end up buying the entirety of the Generation X line (in many cases I'd probably get a 2nd and keep it on card, especially if they were on retro Generation X cards).

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

X-Men Retro Legends

Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Some of those definitely test my memory, between the card repackages and alternate versions.

Definitely interested in Gen X. With the 90’s teams all-but complete, Gen X is a pretty big hole in that era. I guess you could aggregate that out to the pre-X-Men 1/post Genosha team uniforms, but this is my list currently

Excalibur: foregone conclusion that we’ll probably get all five of the main group in one go; bonus points for Kylun, Pete Wisdom, and some form of Widget.
X-Factor: Wolfsbane (I guess technically fits in with Excalibur if you like). Val Cooper would be nice but unexpected. I wouldn’t say no to a more 90’s Forge either.
X-Force: Siryn and Feral
X-Men Blue: 90’s Dazzler and Longshot

So really outside of Excalibur, they could wrap these ancillary 90’s characters in 1-2 waves. The biggest barrier is that it’s very female heavy, which we know they won’t do all at once.

Then with Gen X, I’ll continue championing some villains/teams. X-Men do have BoEM/Freedom Force, HFC and Reavers trickling out, but I’d love them to do some X-Force villains (Stryfe rerelease, Gideon), the MLF, Acolytes, and obviously as soon as we have Excalibur we’ll need some of their foes.
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:08 pm

september_death wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm
X-Men Blue: 90’s Dazzler and Longshot
I almost wish Hasbro would do some of those "Famous Couples" 2 packs like Toybiz did. It'd be an easy way to get 90s Dazzler & Longshot as well as a silver 90s Storm with Forge on a better body.

For Gen X I think they could get away with 90s Emma & Banshee in regular waves & then have the kids in a multi-pack. Since GSX Storm has been out for a while I'm still surprised they haven't teased a 6-pack X-Men arcade with more game accurate colors (like Storm in blue & Dazzler with pink instead of red bands) & an easy way to release the Byrne-era Cyclops since so many people missed out on it.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:15 pm

I want Generation X but if they're too obscure for multiple releases I'd pick the modern Krakoa era versions of the characters. Skin looks the same either way.
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:31 pm

I absolutely *demand* Generation X, and I won't rest until we get them.

I also *demand* X-Men 2099 and Amalgam waves.

So.

Harrumph.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:59 pm

I really want a 90's Generation X wave or boxset. I think there's enough demand or nostalgia to justify either. (Especially with Banshee, Emma and Jubilee included in the line up)
d2bruce
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:14 pm

So.

Harrumph.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Well said. If all of us could be so eloquent.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:16 pm

Handsome wrote:

Just got email notices a few minutes ago that Rogue and Gambit have shipped...

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics