X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:18 am

I’m be expecting to see a LOT of Rogues trickle out onto EBay before too long, didn’t see any in stock anywhere I had access to when the Gambits dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 13, 2021 6:02 pm

Just bought a sweet matching X-men foil numbered print set off Grey Matter Art.

https://greymatterart.com/collections/posters

https://greymatterart.com/collections/p ... number-set

gonna get the variant framed.
dcucfan
CROM!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:56 pm

Was blue Beast one of the rumored retro figures, or did that end up being the gray repaint? I stupidly sold mine off and regretted it as soon as the Haslab Sentinels were announced.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 pm

My understanding was that there was rumored to be a calmer looking blue Beast that people had been asking for. But this same source was supposedly "someone who knew someone inside" and a retro carded 90s Magneto and 90s Bishop were being mentioned more than Beast was since he'd come out not that long ago. Again, this was rumored and was around the same time the retro Rogue, Gambit, Storm and Cyborg Spiderman were being shown, and didn't come from a source that usually proves true like Rektangular or that JayC guy etc.

Personally I'd rather have a properly done 90s Psylocke, and I think Longshot, toon Morph, and Avalanche would lend themselves to a decent retro wave.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:26 pm

I'm still using the old Toy Biz Avalanche in my display just to have one. He's one of the last holdouts from the Toy Biz era. Because I need him in my Brotherhood. And I've wanted an animated series Morph forever. So I would be all in on that set.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bleuboia
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:35 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 pm
My understanding was that there was rumored to be a calmer looking blue Beast that people had been asking for. But this same source was supposedly "someone who knew someone inside" and a retro carded 90s Magneto and 90s Bishop were being mentioned more than Beast was since he'd come out not that long ago. Again, this was rumored and was around the same time the retro Rogue, Gambit, Storm and Cyborg Spiderman were being shown, and didn't come from a source that usually proves true like Rektangular or that JayC guy etc.

Personally I'd rather have a properly done 90s Psylocke, and I think Longshot, toon Morph, and Avalanche would lend themselves to a decent retro wave.
I've been waiting for that Bishop to be announced... I don't collect anything from the AoA wave (except for X-Man and Jean), so it was a bummer to see a whole AoA wave.

We need a single carded Colossus. He's too expensive and comes in a two pack with a Juggernaut people already have.
Handsome
CROM!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:11 pm

If you're missing Colossus, the Juggernaut's an improvement over the BAF and you can pre-order the set from BBTS, Dorkside, or Entertainment Earth.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/97243
https://dorksidetoys.com/products/marve ... ure-2-pack
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... es/hse6344

The first two are saying June, but Entertainment Earth says August, so I'm betting August is more likely for all three. But still, you can get the set for about retail. I just checked the prices and it looks like Colossus alone is selling for the price of the two.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:05 pm

Yea, the Juggernaut has better colors and the unmasked beat up head is pretty nice. Plus I believe more hands? And the Colossus is about as perfect as a Colossus figure can be these days. Originally when it came out I was gonna wait for a sale or clearance. But it sold like toilet paper last year. So I ordered one from Dorkside when they got a small restock and never regretted it.

JTMarsh
CROM!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:46 am

The Colossus/Juggernaut pack was terrific in my opinion, though I would have preferred he didn't have the chipped tooth, but I digress. I wish they'd do a blue/yellow Cable or a pre-transformation Angel figure paired with the BAF Apocalypse rerelease perhaps with a second head. I know people would go crazy for that one as well.
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:36 am

Since these retro cards are based on the 90s figures, are there any 90s figures that havnt been made yet that would be a nice addition to the retro line?

I remember there being some sweet xforce figures, but my mom threw them all away when I went to college and my googlefu sucks and I can’t find photos of them anymore.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

X-Men Retro Legends

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:32 am

Shreddar wrote:Since these retro cards are based on the 90s figures, are there any 90s figures that havnt been made yet that would be a nice addition to the retro line?

I remember there being some sweet xforce figures, but my mom threw them all away when I went to college and my googlefu sucks and I can’t find photos of them anymore.
If we’re talking new sculpts then characters like Quark or X-treme would be fun. Hasbro can also redo Stryfe if they wanted. We haven’t seen him in a Legends wave since the Jubilee BAF wave in 2015. I can’t think of a lot of other figures that would be fun to remake in legends on the vintage cards? I know you said 90’s characters but would classic Havok in the black costume and Erik the Red count? Those figures were technically made in the 90’s and Erik the Red even appeared in the animated series. We would need the rest of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard too for the same reasons.

Tusk would also work.

Marrow might be fun.

Blob came out in the 90’s

Bonebreaker is needed along with the rest of the reavers.

What about some of the vehicles and play sets that came out in the 90’s like the X-Jet, The Blackbird, the Wolverine 4x4 and the Magnatron? Do you think legends collectors would buy those? Same goes for the combat cave, the hall of fame commemorative set and the danger room?

JTMarsh
CROM!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:10 am

A Dark Rider like Gauntlet or Tusk might be good for gauging interest in the rest of the team. Garrison Kane was long rumored to have already been sculpted but never having been put into production. Perhaps with an update they could do him for those that want Cable's 6-pack with Domino, Grizzly and G.W. Bridge. Grizzly would make an interesting BAF though given their tendency toward large hairy mutants as of late.
Handsome
CROM!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 am

The ones I'd personally like to see are Morph and Stryfe

I don't know the rights to Morph, I read somewhere that the cartoon company owns the rights to the character, not Marvel. But I don't know if there's any truth to that. But I'd love to get him. I'm even thinking of buying that stupid The Hood figure just to use the head for a custom Morph, but yeah, I'd rather get an actual figure.

The current Stryfe figure is way too expensive. I also feel like any X-Men Legends before the Juggernaut wave don't really hold up with the current figures. So I actually want them to re-make this figure instead of just re-releasing him with a slight re-paint. And since Stryfe is supposed to be a clone of Cable, I think it's important they use the Sasquatch wave '90s Cable's face on him.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:23 am

panther10 wrote:
Shreddar wrote:Since these retro cards are based on the 90s figures, are there any 90s figures that havnt been made yet that would be a nice addition to the retro line?

If we’re talking new sculpts then characters like Quark or X-treme would be fun. Hasbro can also redo Stryfe if they wanted. We haven’t seen him in a Legends wave since the Jubilee BAF wave in 2015. I can’t think of a lot of other figures that would be fun to remake in legends on the vintage cards? I know you said 90’s characters but would classic Havok in the black costume and Erik the Red count? Those figures were technically made in the 90’s and Erik the Red even appeared in the animated series. We would need the rest of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard too for the same reasons.

Tusk would also work.

Marrow might be fun.

Blob came out in the 90’s

Bonebreaker is needed along with the rest of the reavers.

What about some of the vehicles and play sets that came out in the 90’s like the X-Jet, The Blackbird, the Wolverine 4x4 and the Magnatron? Do you think legends collectors would buy those? Same goes for the combat cave, the hall of fame commemorative set and the danger room?

That Wolverine Jeep was ridiculous. In a good way. It wasn't show accurate in the slightest. But I loved it. And the fact it didn't have an engine, and instead the hood opened up to have a ****ING GRINDER in it was so morbid and hysterical. Cause, who needs a realistic car with an engine? It's a kids toy. Let's put one of the most gruesome ways to kill someone on there instead. So epic. And I'm not 100% sure but I think the wheels also had mad max style blades that popped out. Wolverine apparently just likes to dismember everyone. I still have it somewhere. Also still have the Blackbird. Loved that thing too. Also no where near show accurate. But it was fun to play with. And the mini Blackbird...

Ahh I miss being a kid and falling in love with those things lol.

If it were a cheaper endeavour I would find a way to mix the 3 pack Cyclops, retro Parker jacket, and find a suitable head for morph. But uhh, none of that would be cheap. Hope they just make one. But they'll find a way to mess him up somehow. Wrong jacket, head too small, no alt heads for his powers, they'll do something dumb.

100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:22 pm

I think if they do another stryfe they should consider making the Helmut/mask removable.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”