Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:47 am

Prophet924 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:39 am
I got a rock….

:(

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:17 am

If they make a third wave, here's who I would like to see:

Storm
Quicksilver
Banshee
Dazzler
Nightcrawler
Mystique
Mr. Sinister
BAF: Nemesis
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:38 am
The Scream Man wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:22 am
hunnipot85 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:14 pm

I'd love that first wave -- we need Gambit and I really want Jubilee too.
I just realized I put Storm in both waves! So lets make that second wave:
* Angel
* Northstar
* Aurora
* Abyss
* Mystique
* Dazzler
* Cannonball
BAF: Amazon
Why is there continually no Nightcrawler? He had his own book to a large extent!
...because Shut up thats why!

Nah thats a good point, I should have put him on there. Its actrually tricky balancing out getting both sides in roughly equal measure; right now we have lots of 'X-Men' but not a lot of Apocalypse forces, so I was trying to balance the scales. Also keep in an even number of female characters and the like.
OK, version 3:
* Quicksilver
* Havok
* Sinister
* Gambit
* Jubilee
* Storm
* Nightcrawler
BAF: Holocaust/Nemesis

… And if we get 2 waves...
* Bishop
* Northstar
* Aurora
* Abyss
* Mystique
* Dazzler
* Cannonball
BAF: Amazon
Snake-eyes81
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 pm

I got the wave in on Friday. Was able to mess around with them yesterday. When the first wave came out I was on the fence. But I bought it because I knew if a 2nd wave came out I would be kicking myself. I am glad I made that call. This is my favorite wave of the year now that I have it in hand. The colors really pop on all of them and they are a lot of fun to pose around with. They really compliment the first wave. My only real issue is Magneto head is to small but other then that solid wave. I hope they do a 3rd wave.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Snake-eyes81 wrote:
I got the wave in on Friday. Was able to mess around with them yesterday. When the first wave came out I was on the fence. But I bought it because I knew if a 2nd wave came out I would be kicking myself. I am glad I made that call. This is my favorite wave of the year now that I have it in hand. The colors really pop on all of them and they are a lot of fun to pose around with. They really compliment the first wave. My only real issue is Magneto head is to small but other then that solid wave.

I suspect it will be my favorite wave of the year as well. Every figure looks above-average to exceptional.

I saw a side-by-side comparison video between the coincidentally recently-released Mafex AOA Magneto to this one and I agree, the head has some issues. I wasn't sure I wouldn't end up preferring the Legends version to the Mafex, but that side-by-side comparison inspired me to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Mafex.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Snake-eyes81 wrote:I got the wave in on Friday. Was able to mess around with them yesterday. When the first wave came out I was on the fence. But I bought it because I knew if a 2nd wave came out I would be kicking myself. I am glad I made that call. This is my favorite wave of the year now that I have it in hand. The colors really pop on all of them and they are a lot of fun to pose around with. They really compliment the first wave. My only real issue is Magneto head is to small but other then that solid wave. I hope they do a 3rd wave.

For being a dystopian future, the Age of Apocalypse sure had some bright colors!

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:32 pm

Snake-eyes81 wrote:
I got the wave in on Friday. Was able to mess around with them yesterday. When the first wave came out I was on the fence. But I bought it because I knew if a 2nd wave came out I would be kicking myself. I am glad I made that call. This is my favorite wave of the year now that I have it in hand. The colors really pop on all of them and they are a lot of fun to pose around with. They really compliment the first wave. My only real issue is Magneto head is to small but other then that solid wave. I hope they do a 3rd wave.

That second picture of Colossus and Kitty is bringing back some childhood trauma.

I'm super stoked to get these and am with others in already wanting a third wave - and at this point I'm happy for them to just commit to getting out as many characters as possible. I usually steer clear of non-616 versions of characters but getting a whole collection of them is an easy way to sway me. Unlike AoA I never really got into the 2099-verse, but I just know I'd crack if they did a whole wave of them...
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:02 am

Snake-eyes81 wrote:
Pictures all look great. Whose body did you use for Magneto's X-Men Omega bodysuit, I figured HOX Xavier would appear to scrawny?

I still want an accurate Blink / Morph / Iceman head, Blink most importantly.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 am

Looks like the Retro Black Panther to me, but I can't say for sure.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:40 am

Snake-eyes81 wrote:
I got the wave in on Friday. Was able to mess around with them yesterday.
What, no Iceman? Did you let him melt?
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:09 am

This thread needs to be changed to "Continuing the Age of Apocalypse." The power of positive thinking, fellow mutants and flatscans.

Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:58 am

JTMarsh wrote:

Pictures all look great. Whose body did you use for Magneto's X-Men Omega bodysuit, I figured HOX Xavier would appear to scrawny?
Looks like Cloak's body.
Snake-eyes81
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:48 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Snake-eyes81 wrote:

I still want an accurate Blink / Morph / Iceman head, Blink most importantly.
Hey Sorry for the late reply work is crazy. yes the body was cloak. HOX Xavier was way to scrawny to work. I am hoping they actual make a final battle Magneto with the makeshift armor. Also I might pick up a 2nd Cloak to make into a AOA Bishop. Who for myself is my biggest want if they do a third wave. he was one of if not the main character of the whole story.

Blink and Morph I want redos. Blink I want a proper head but also a more accurate color scheme closer to the old toybiz figure ( brighter greens and more of a white skin tone). Morph I want to see on the Mr. Fantastic body with alternate stretched arms and yes better head sculpt and few other heads for different expressions. Also and this is a very deep cut and I am probably the only person that wants this but I would love a BAF of morph as the octopus from astoshing Xmen #3. I would also like him as a brick from issue #4. Iceman would also be nice to get a more accurate update. With a ice piece that you can replace his legs with.

Sorry not sure why the image is so washed out
Snake-eyes81
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:50 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:05 pm
Snake-eyes81 wrote:
I got the wave in on Friday. Was able to mess around with them yesterday. When the first wave came out I was on the fence. But I bought it because I knew if a 2nd wave came out I would be kicking myself. I am glad I made that call. This is my favorite wave of the year now that I have it in hand. The colors really pop on all of them and they are a lot of fun to pose around with. They really compliment the first wave. My only real issue is Magneto head is to small but other then that solid wave.

I suspect it will be my favorite wave of the year as well. Every figure looks above-average to exceptional.

I saw a side-by-side comparison video between the coincidentally recently-released Mafex AOA Magneto to this one and I agree, the head has some issues. I wasn't sure I wouldn't end up preferring the Legends version to the Mafex, but that side-by-side comparison inspired me to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Mafex.
I might need to pick up the Mafex version that is pretty sweet
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Snake-eyes81 wrote: Image
Sorry not sure why the image is so washed out
Cool shot! Such fun and distinctive character designs for this story. They make for striking action figures. Getting Nemesis/Holocaust would really make the whole set look great.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics