Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:54 pm

Jacguitarist wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:41 pm
Left Field wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:34 pm
Question - are there any paint apps at all in the new Ultron head's mouth? its really hard to tell.
I literally just got mine in the mail, and mine DOES have black paint inside his mouth.

Which is weird bc I saw a few pages back someone posted pics and that Ultron didn't

So either his was missed at the factory, or they did a quick running change.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:48 am

Monkey Joe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:39 pm
The paint on these look so good. I wish we got another figure than Holo Iron Man. 3 Iron men is too much in one wave, even if it is his wave.
3 Iron Men should be the standard in every wave... as long as it's 3 real armors and now 1 real one, 1 half assed, and 1 completely made up bullshit.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:03 am

Naw - we need one IM villain in each wave.
There are plenty we need to be made.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:04 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Monkey Joe wrote:
The paint on these look so good. I wish we got another figure than Holo Iron Man. 3 Iron men is too much in one wave, even if it is his wave.
3 Iron Men should be the standard in every wave... as long as it's 3 real armors and now 1 real one, 1 half assed, and 1 completely made up bullshit.
Three armors is the perfect amount for a Iron Man seven-figure BAF wave. Only problems with this wave’s line-up are the made-up armor and the lack of any true Iron Man-specific villains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:27 am

So I got Modular Iron Man today, thanks to a little help from la6689.

He's a pretty damn good figure! The sculpt all throughout is just great. The sculpt doesn't limit the articulation at all. He gets more range out of the arms and legs than I thought he would, going by Classic Iron Man and War Machine. I know that they don't share parts, but I was just mentally prepared for something similar. The articulation in the legs is particularly good and he can do a full on split. I was pleasantly surprised to see the boots rotate as well, especially after that calf swivel was removed from the Silver Centurion for no real reason. When I saw the shape where the calf meets the boot, it reminded me of a few figures that have separate boot and calf pieces, but don't have rotation. Look out for the ankle joints. Mine are VERY stuck.

The deco, even though it isn't my preferred color way, is so strong. The gold is matches pretty well with 80th Iron Man. It isn't exact, it's a little deeper, but they'll look good next to each other. When this inevitably gets repainted into a red and yellow deco (with the pattern on the head painted as well), I'll be totally satisfied with this figure, instead of "just" very happy with it.

It's Iron Man, so I do have to point out a couple of nitpicks. For once, I don't like the small gap between the shoulder pads and the torso. The red on the shoulders should meet the torso. I do have to believe this could have been done in a better way. When you guys eventually get yours, be careful articulation. The red of the shoulder pad on one side is separating from the ball joint already, as the pad can run into the torso if you articulate it in the wrong position.

My next nitpick is that the figure feels more slender in hand than the Classic armor. The height is there, but some more slightly 90s proportions making his upper body a little broader would have made the sculpt on the body perfect.

I say on the body there, because my final nitpick is on the head. There's something or things just a LITTLE off on the head that throw me slightly off when I compare to the comic art. I'm not mad at it.. There's just something slightly off. I'm more mad that I can't quite figure out what's off on it.

Here's some quick pics!

of course, I had to Panel Line him!

Here's some Iron Man/War Machine

Monkey Joe
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:10 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:48 am
Monkey Joe wrote:
I get the Tony fan club will prefer more of him, neck, they probably want a whole wave of just different armors, but for me it’s too much to have one character take up 3/6 or 3/7 of a wave when there are so many other characters to be made.

Though you’d have me if any of the armors in the wave were mark 53

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_53

Or Iron Squirrel :D

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Squirrel ... 7s_Costume
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:27 am

Nice review, Stark Resilient! And great job panel lining Modular Armor Iron Man! Can’t wait to get one, too!

Logan622
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:39 am

Stark Resilient wrote:So I got Modular Iron Man today, thanks to a little help from la6689.

He's a pretty damn good figure! The sculpt all throughout is just great. The sculpt doesn't limit the articulation at all. He gets more range out of the arms and legs than I thought he would, going by Classic Iron Man and War Machine. I know that they don't share parts, but I was just mentally prepared for something similar. The articulation in the legs is particularly good and he can do a full on split. I was pleasantly surprised to see the boots rotate as well, especially after that calf swivel was removed from the Silver Centurion for no real reason. When I saw the shape where the calf meets the boot, it reminded me of a few figures that have separate boot and calf pieces, but don't have rotation. Look out for the ankle joints. Mine are VERY stuck.

The deco, even though it isn't my preferred color way, is so strong. The gold is matches pretty well with 80th Iron Man. It isn't exact, it's a little deeper, but they'll look good next to each other. When this inevitably gets repainted into a red and yellow deco (with the pattern on the head painted as well), I'll be totally satisfied with this figure, instead of "just" very happy with it.

It's Iron Man, so I do have to point out a couple of nitpicks. For once, I don't like the small gap between the shoulder pads and the torso. The red on the shoulders should meet the torso. I do have to believe this could have been done in a better way. When you guys eventually get yours, be careful articulation. The red of the shoulder pad on one side is separating from the ball joint already, as the pad can run into the torso if you articulate it in the wrong position.

My next nitpick is that the figure feels more slender in hand than the Classic armor. The height is there, but some more slightly 90s proportions making his upper body a little broader would have made the sculpt on the body perfect.

I say on the body there, because my final nitpick is on the head. There's something or things just a LITTLE off on the head that throw me slightly off when I compare to the comic art. I'm not mad at it.. There's just something slightly off. I'm more mad that I can't quite figure out what's off on it.

Here's some quick pics!

of course, I had to Panel Line him!

Here's some Iron Man/War Machine

The more pictures of him I see, the more I’m not liking the overall look... I get that they were going for realistic proportions, but if there were ever a time to go for the exaggerated superhero proportions, this figure should have been it (broader torso, bigger hands and feet, slightly chunkier thighs)

I’ll still probably buy two Image
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:57 am

I don't know if it's been posted yet but are there pictures comparing Ultron with the Select Ultron?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:07 am

blackcomicnerd wrote:I don't know if it's been posted yet but are there pictures comparing Ultron with the Select Ultron?

I think this was from Facebook, but I'm not sure.Image

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:18 am

Seeing in hand pics of Stealth Iron Man on Instagram and whoo boy I can’t wait for this one.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:36 am

GUTS_2010 wrote:
blackcomicnerd wrote:I don't know if it's been posted yet but are there pictures comparing Ultron with the Select Ultron?

Thanks for posting! I have a few of the Target three pack Ultron's as drones for my Select figure and I was thinking about buying some of these to have some additional drones.

scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:30 am

GUTS_2010 wrote:

Apart from the hips, it does seem like the MS is better?
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:40 pm

More shots of Ultron, including with Jocasta.

Lots of photos seem to show him with a black mouth.

100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:18 pm

I really can't wait for this guy!

I tried army building the old toybiz series 8 modern iron man bases and it became too difficult and expensive. My plan was to have my avengers shelf covered in those.

Instead I have 3 of those and the MS destroyed ultron base and all the other ultrons I've accumulated over the yrs in their own corner on my masters of evil/ misc. villain's shelf and this new ultron is going to look phenomenal with the rest.

They really need to put this guy on pulse!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”