ML Retro Spider-Man Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man Series

Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:58 pm

ditko wrote:
TheeCollector wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:23 pm
I would hope we get some others like Tarantula and Cardiac before very obscure villains like ‘roo.

Or heck, put them all in one wave! A Spidey villains wave and throw in Carrion.
Cardiac in 2023 or we're taking it to the streets. I'm VERY partial to the way Ramos drew him a decade ago. How about Regent to go with the Renew Your Vows set while we're at it

PUHLEASE!!!
I want Cardiac too. But according to Toyguru he is forbidden due to some sort of writer/artist royalty rights snafu.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:01 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
TFitz wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:47 am
Just re-watched The Amazing Spider-Man; Andrew's first movie. I forgot just how good it is. I really want his new figure for my Spider-Verse shelf.

That movie captures Peter's jokey banter while fighting and his extreme agility more than most of the others, and maybe better than ALL of the others. It's not in the top three Spidey movies overall, but it's really entertaining and far better than Spidey 3 or Amazing Spidey 2.

I left that movie really wanting to get into parkour because they captured the fun of having Spider-Man's powers to bounce around freely SO well. :D
I agree with regards his banter and powers.

But I remember the movie being a bit rubbish and that the portrayal of his powers was too late to wow certain members of the audience as computer games had jumped forward several generations since Spider-Man 2 in 2004 (Spider-Man 3 seemed to nearly completely devoid of any proper webswinging scenes).
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Any word on when Lizard is going up for sale?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:38 pm

During the Walmart Fan event in July.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:54 pm

Definitely need Carrion, Cardiac (Scott Neitlich is not one of the creators, nor does he work for Hasbro or Marvel), Chameleon, The Owl, and Smythe...and I think I'm done...

Of course, I want a bigger display, so I can add in my Daredevil & Punisher figures, and some of the other Spiders (Julia, Cindy, etc), put some segments back in Stilty's legs. Throw Armadillo back in, since Rhino had to replace him.

I was ECSTATIC to get Rhino, though. He & Sandman were the top of my most-wanted villains list, after missing the prior BAFs.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:28 pm

Yeah I wouldn’t listen to “Toyguru” about anything. And I’d assume that for anything he said, the opposite was probably true. The dude is the Donald Trump of the toy world: he opens his mouth and self-aggrandizing horsesh!t plops out.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:59 pm

You're an Aussie right?
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:05 am

If we could just get one more wave I'd love to see...

1. Spider-Man (Octo-Spidey)
2. Felicia Hardy (Animated)
3. Chameleon (Animated)
4. Doctor Octopus (Animated)
5. Vulture (Animated)
6. Scorpion (Animated)

Fan Channel: Kraven
Deluxe: Smythe
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 pm

Slixta wrote:If we could just get one more wave I'd love to see...

3. Chameleon (Animated)
5. Vulture (Animated)
6. Scorpion (Animated)

We already got a Black Cat in 2020 but do you mean a civilian Felicia Hardy in the animated series style? Because if you want an animated Felicia then I can totally see Hasbro just sticking a new cartoon styled head onto that Moira MacTaggart body from last year. But if you’re thinking comic Felicia, that buck could go in a myriad of different directions. I’m not sure what body Hasbro would even choose for her. Maybe they’d even give us something completely new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:51 pm

panther10 wrote:

3. Chameleon (Animated)
5. Vulture (Animated)
6. Scorpion (Animated)

We already got a Black Cat in 2020 but do you mean a civilian Felicia Hardy in the animated series style? Because if you want an animated Felicia then I can totally see Hasbro just sticking a new cartoon styled head onto that Moira MacTaggart body from last year. But if you’re thinking comic Felicia, that buck could go in a myriad of different directions. I’m not sure what body Hasbro would even choose for her. Maybe they’d even give us something completely new?

Literally says animated in my post.

If they sculpted her new they could get a lot of reuse out of that buck. There's plenty on unmade suited females.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:09 pm

Animated Vulture has always been my preferred look for him.
ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:44 pm

TG said Marvel Legends was done at Target but I just got Ragnarok Thor there and saw Siryn. Cardiac or death!!!!! He will emerge my friends. Can't pass up a "never been done before" character, especially when he's so 90s and toyetic. And Spider-related in a time of 90s retro Spidey stuff.

And we will never be done, just cycle through again.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:58 pm

panther10 wrote:

3. Chameleon (Animated)
5. Vulture (Animated)
6. Scorpion (Animated)

I'd like an animated black cat, that actually looked like animated black cat
jordanimal
Super Poseable

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:28 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:54 pm
Definitely need Carrion, Cardiac (Scott Neitlich is not one of the creators, nor does he work for Hasbro or Marvel), Chameleon, The Owl, and Smythe...and I think I'm done...

Of course, I want a bigger display, so I can add in my Daredevil & Punisher figures, and some of the other Spiders (Julia, Cindy, etc), put some segments back in Stilty's legs. Throw Armadillo back in, since Rhino had to replace him.

I was ECSTATIC to get Rhino, though. He & Sandman were the top of my most-wanted villains list, after missing the prior BAFs.
I have the same shelves for my ML display! great setup!
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:37 am

Finally got my Rhino today (he had been languishing in my Pile of Loot as it slowly filled up for the last month or so) and I am quite pleasantly surprised at how light and easy to pose he is. I'm used to my beefy boyz having some more heft, but they also end up being harder to keep in a pose sometimes because of their chonkness.

I love how wide he is and how tall he isn't, as he won't overpower the display with his presence, and will instead provide a nice size contrast on my Sinister Syndicate shelf. My ToyBiz Spider-Man Classics Rhino is gonna be sad, but I have to move on to more articulated Rhino-Men, I'm sure he'll understand.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”