ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:03 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:02 am
I tried to get Ben this morning from the Target app but while he showed instock, I couldn't actually add him. Not sure why Shocker is so available, it's not like people aren't getting him. Did Target happen to order like 100 cases of this guy and no one else or something? it just doesn't make any sense.

FAR more people want Ben than Shocker. It's that simple.

The Ben Reilly Mafex insta-sold out and the retro Scarlet Spider is going for insane prices on eBay, so I knew demand for this Ben figure would be through the roof. Not as high as the demand for Symbiote Spidey, but far more than the other figures in the wave.

Everything Spidey is in super-high demand right now. I mean he's always in high demand, but I'm guessing the popularity of No Way Home has really amplified it.
Not to mention Ben is still taking over the reigns in the Spider-Man books right now so this is the closest figure we have until he retires from the role again and goes back to being the Scarlet Spider. I think Peter is set to come back in the books around April or May this year so people will be riding that wave a little longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:32 pm

Thanks to Targets website I was able to find Shocker last night. I like the way it looks, Don't feel a need to detail the quilts.
Crusher Creel
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:55 pm

There's just no accounting for taste, really.

Silver Samurai is imo one of the best-executed Legends ever — just a beauty to behold, and I say that as someone with no particular affinity towards the X-Men area of the MU. But he could be found marked down to $15 and even $10(!) for many months, and even now, more than two years after his release, is still available on Amazon for his original $20 price.

I agree with you, Silver Samurai is a fantastic figure and I was always amazed at his semi-pegwarmer status. It made zero sense to me as besides looking terrific and being the perfect size, the character checked a lot of boxes such as X-Men/Wolverine related, dedicated sculpt and first time in the line,
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:55 pm

One of the best figures they've done for sure. If half the figures had this level of detail and quality, ML would be the Greatest Line of All Time!
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:08 pm

The first ML I HAD to buy.

Silver Samurai is a superb figure and in my personal top 5.
TheJoker
Some people call him Maurice

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:20 pm

Finally got in an order for Ben at Target!
Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:37 pm

THANK YOU guys for giving Samurai his due! I thought I was going crazy. Dude set the precedent for vintage waves going being the place where villains get fully dedicated sculpts. There's no Psycho-Man, High Evolutionary, or Shocker without him!
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 pm

Oh yeah! Silver Samurai is one of my favorites as well. A great classic villain who matches up with a lot of Marvel Heroes. He's fought Spider-Man, Wolverine, The X-Men, Daredevil, and etc. We waited years to finally get him as a Marvel Legend and it was worth the wait. One of the best figures they've produced, IMO.

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm

Agreed with all the Silver Samurai love. My one nitpick is his size - he's just a tad smaller/shorter than I would have preferred. Otherwise he is absolutely incredible.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm

Silver Samurai was definitely one of the best 15 figures from 2019. He gets even better if you add the Drizzt sword effects, and I bought that 2-pack that's still available on Pulse entirely for those effects and the panther to be used with Wakandans. Drizzt himself is also excellent and goes pretty well with Asgardian displays.

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:45 pm

Was wondering why my Shocker order wasn't moving despite being due today and turns out I got an email from Target saying my order was damaged and they're prepping a replacement.

Was looking forward to messing with him today, but guess I gotta wait a bit longer.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:16 pm

Target surprisingly shipped my Ben Reilly 2 days after backordering him.

Starting to regret not picking up the retro carded Scarlet Spider for the unmasked head...
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:18 pm

I was only planning to get black suit Spidey from this wave, but I saw Hammerhead at retail yesterday and was very impressed! The main thing was the face. This is one of the rare non-MCU figures that actually looks like a real guy and not a cartoon with exaggerated features. (Yes, I do realize I'm talking about a guy with a flat head) but the face itself: The eyes aren't too big, they don't look like they're trying to get away from each other, the mouth is a different flesh tone than the rest of the face......it's sculpted to look human and not like a charicature! Besides paint shading, this is what I've always wanted from a Hasbro ML!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Been missing Hobgoblin and Ben Reilly alerts all morning, but did manage to get an order in for 2x Armored Spideys.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:26 pm

Finally yesterday after tons of alerts got hobgoblin at target.com and it shipped out so once him and shocker get here I’ll be caught up

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”