ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:56 pm

Mister Voorhees wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:17 am
Ironically, I think the Spider-Ben suit is known more for Spider-Girl than it is for Ben. I think the hoodie Scarlet Spider look is definitely the more well known costume for Ben.

Yeah, and the black suit is definitely known more for Venom.

That's one thing you can say for Marvel, they don't like to waste a good costume design. They pretty much have to keep Peter coming back to his classic look, so they just give his cool alternate costumes to other characters rather than retire them.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 pm

Ninjak wrote:
Mister Voorhees wrote:
Ironically, I think the Spider-Ben suit is known more for Spider-Girl than it is for Ben. I think the hoodie Scarlet Spider look is definitely the more well known costume for Ben.

That's one thing you can say for Marvel, they don't like to waste a good costume design. They pretty much have to keep Peter coming back to his classic look, so they just give his cool alternate costumes to other characters rather than retire them.
Yup you can practically go down the list with the suits that Spider-Man has given away or were adopted by other heroes. black suit, Reilly’s costumes, stingers, iron spider, big time spider-man..hell even Spider-Man’s six armed look was inevitably borrowed for Spider-Doppelgänger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:34 pm

panther10 wrote:
Ninjak wrote:
Mister Voorhees wrote:

Yup you can practically go down the list with the suits that Spider-Man has given away or were adopted by other heroes. black suit, Reilly’s costumes, stingers, iron spider, big time spider-man..hell even Spider-Man’s six armed look was inevitably borrowed for Spider-Doppelgänger

I was with you until the Big Time suit. A quick Google shows Kaine wore it during Spider-Island - is that what you're referring to? Haven't read a ton of modern Spidey.
panther10

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:51 pm

H-bird wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Ninjak wrote:

I was with you until the Big Time suit. A quick Google shows Kaine wore it during Spider-Island - is that what you're referring to? Haven't read a ton of modern Spidey.
Yes. Kaine wore a red and black variant of the Big time suit when he faced off against Wolverine.

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:21 am

I wouldn’t even know Spider Girl existed if she didn’t have a figure.

I’d like to see Spidercide at some point.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:24 am

I’m surprised they haven’t repurposed another BAF into SpiderCide yet. Something like Caliban would probably be a good base

panther10

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:01 am

kailryu wrote:I’m surprised they haven’t repurposed another BAF into SpiderCide yet. Something like Caliban would probably be a good base

That body would definitely work for him. But so would Movie Venom or AoA apocalypse with a little bit of retooling

DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:18 am

panther10 wrote:
Ninjak wrote:
Mister Voorhees wrote:

-sigh- And can you believe it? No one else wants to wear his coveted Bag-Man identity. For shame.
Maybe Marvel should create a homeless character that could adopt it…. but that might be tacky.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:49 am

panther10 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:51 pm
H-bird wrote:I was with you until the Big Time suit. A quick Google shows Kaine wore it during Spider-Island - is that what you're referring to? Haven't read a ton of modern Spidey.
Yes. Kaine wore a red and black variant of the Big time suit when he faced off against Wolverine.
Kaine’s still wearing that one actually. The Big Time suit had different lighting schemes to show its different configurations (stealth, anti-sound), but Kaine never gave it back after Spider-Island.

Madame Web locked the suit into its Kaine’s current look (the one from the Sp//Dr wave) and he used its stealth tech and self-healing capabilities during that run he was in Houston. Presumably it’s still what he’s wearing but it’s tough to know since nobody writes the suit’s powers in much.
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:19 pm

Since Dan Yun said on Twitter that they're done with the Marvel Legends reveals in September, do you guys think we could see any fan channel releases of other Retro Spider-Man figures next month, like the rumored Walmart exclusive Retro Lizard and/or the "Marvel MVL Legends Octopus" listing found on Amazon Mexico a few months back turns out to be?
effigy
Super Poseable

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:46 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:19 pm
Since Dan Yun said on Twitter that they're done with the Marvel Legends reveals in September, do you guys think we could see any fan channel releases of other Retro Spider-Man figures next month, like the rumored Walmart exclusive Retro Lizard and/or the "Marvel MVL Legends Octopus" listing found on Amazon Mexico a few months back turns out to be?
We will probably get something for Marvel Monday and we will for sure get some reveals during Pulsecon.
piggyv01
CROM!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:43 am

I'm hoping the oversized carded chap is Rhino. Has the Armadillo body, minus its additional bits, been discussed as a suitable body for him?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Received a "Processing Soon" alert from BBTS on Sandman and Hercules.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:25 pm

A ton of these may be hitting GameStop soon in Canada. Really excited for this new Sandman. Unjustifiably so. I guess because every prior Sandman left something to be desired with regard to scale and power gimmicks.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:36 pm

I bought the MS Sandman for cheap on Amazon a few weeks ago and am planning on getting retro Sandman as well. It’s so odd how this particular character has gotten so many great versions of his classic costume in (roughly) 6” scale!

- Spider-Man Classics
- Hasbro BAF
- Marvel Select
- Retro Legends

I’m sure I’ve missed some. All are perfectly acceptable, good-to-great representations of his classic look. I guess it’s just a fun figure to make due to the sand constructs, and I’ve kept all of them for that same reason.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”