Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Thu May 26, 2022 3:04 am

I was experimenting with handsome heads for Jigsaw, and thought maybe the bandana-less head from the Walgreens/retro figure could work. It’s not bad, just sits low. It’s my least preferred head for Frank, so maybe it could be pre-Jigsaw.
crackhead9000
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:20 am

Hasbro has really been doing a fantastic job with the villains. I'm over-the-moon for this new Jigsaw.

MaximumCrapping
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:55 am

crackhead9000 wrote:
Hasbro has really been doing a fantastic job with the villains. I'm over-the-moon for this new Jigsaw.

Love the lighting on Jigsaw and how it accentuates the chainsaw.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:52 am

So, the Lundgren movie is fun, and a product of it's time. It wasn't bad, but is skippable.

The Tom Jane movie has a fantastic story. I believe I mentioned it earlier, where it is the perfect revenge film. And Tom Jane nails the essence of what Frank is. The scene at the dinner table, where they're all saying what they're thankful for, and his response, is just the perfect line. It wasn't as over the top action wise, but the story and dialogue more then make up for it. Jane's one liners and attitude are just superb.

The Rey Stevenson outing is really good for an action movie. His portrayal, to me personally, wasn't as good as Jane, but he still did a wonderful job. I think alot of this movie is over the top. But it still works within the film itself. The story is a little lackluster. But still not as bad as some movies I have sat through, and it's still an enjoyable film.

Bernthal's Punisher is near perfection. If you think the movies would be better, they're not. But they are all still worth watching for different reasons. But there's nothing that will top the Netflix show. So if you're looking for the same, you'll be disappointed. But, again, they're still well worth it. The writing, portrayal, and action in the series are all top notch. And it's probably because they have alot more time to work with then trying to condense everything into a 2 hour runtime. The movies are just, unfortunately, too constrained.

So I enjoy them all, and most Punisher fans should probably like them as well. Just to varying degrees.

Imo, 1st place goes to Bernthal, 2nd to Jane, 3rd to Stevenson, and 4th to Lundgren, but it's really close between all of them, for different reasons.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

minitaur
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 26, 2022 7:10 am

$50 eBay exclusive repaint.
Whitlow
Super Poseable

Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm

Hey Benty, TinkerersAssistant02 and StJames -
we all posted around the same time on Tuesday about the our Jigsaw Walgreens orders lack of movement. Mine is still awaiting pick-up by the USPS - how are you guys making out? Any luck?
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Whitlow wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm
Hey Benty, TinkerersAssistant02 and StJames -
we all posted around the same time on Tuesday about the our Jigsaw Walgreens orders lack of movement. Mine is still awaiting pick-up by the USPS - how are you guys making out? Any luck?
I got one order yesterday. The other two were scheduled for delivery yesterday, but never made it. Hopefully I will receive them today.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 1:08 pm

Going on my 4th day of watching my Jigsaw not move from the FedEx 1 frickin' city over. At least UPS will let you pick packages up if you want.

Also, with all the film love I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Jane's "Dirty Laundry." If you've only seen Bernthal's interpretation you can watch this short film on youtube to expand your base a bit. For a lot of people this was the #1 filmic interpretation of Castle before Jon B's. I also think it's cool that Jane wants to direct Bernthal as Puny in something. I'd say he has as much right as any of these other folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu May 26, 2022 1:35 pm

You guys waiting on fed ex. This is exactly what happened with my binary, but maybe worse and it might get worse for you guys as well. Twice it said it was delivered, but both times went back to giving me a delivery date. Then I got a note left by the driver that the package was left at a drop off point - TWICE.

The third time was the charm however. Good luck.
Whitlow
Super Poseable

Thu May 26, 2022 2:37 pm

I just got a text message from USPS -
my Jigsaw is being delivered this afternoon.
Bwah ha ha!
(Relieved laughter).
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:10 pm

crackhead9000 wrote:

Love this pic so much, so cool! Is that a mezco head on a retro punisher there?

I picked up my Jigsaw from Walgreens yesterday. Did the the ship to store thing and everything went pretty smoothly, very happy!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:18 pm

So what have the Walgreens villains been so far? Baron Zemo and Jigsaw? How many more are we expecting? How long after Jigsaw was announced did he start showing up (even overseas)?
crackhead9000
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:51 pm

MaximumCrapping wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 5:55 am
Love the lighting on Jigsaw and how it accentuates the chainsaw.
Thanks! I've been trying to do more with less lights lately, so I really appreciate your comment.
Reefer Shark wrote:Love this pic so much, so cool! Is that a mezco head on a retro punisher there?

I picked up my Jigsaw from Walgreens yesterday. Did the the ship to store thing and everything went pretty smoothly, very happy!
It is! I love those Mezco Punisher heads. And thanks!
DaThing
CROM!

Thu May 26, 2022 4:53 pm

Now that we're all caught up on the figs that have been shown so far...how long before the next reveal? With Jigsaw just getting released, I would have thought the next figure would have at least been teased on their last live stream. The 20th of June maybe?
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Thu May 26, 2022 10:16 pm

NORM wrote:So what have the Walgreens villains been so far? Baron Zemo and Jigsaw? How many more are we expecting? How long after Jigsaw was announced did he start showing up (even overseas)?
Should be two more villains released this year (or bleeding into Q1 of next year). Jigsaw was revealed back in December, so I’m a little concerned that we have not heard about the next villain. Wonder if there is something contractual going on…

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics