Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Did Nova ever pop up on the Walgreens website?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:15 pm

Beamish wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:00 pm
Did Nova ever pop up on the Walgreens website?

No. Their web site was absolutely fantastic in mid-2020, but since then it has been a horror show for ordering toys online. Not sure whether the web team or the new toy product manager is to blame, but if I had to guess I'd attribute it to the toy manager since the in-store availability of figures is also horrible.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Could also be a strategic decision to get people in the B&M stores.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:41 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:29 pm
Could also be a strategic decision to get people in the B&M stores.

In mid-2020 their inventory tracking for stores actually worked, and I knew Moon Knight was at the store I got him in because it showed that way on the Walgreens web site. If there's actually some thinking that making me run from store to store looking for an exclusive is a good marketing idea I beg to differ, because all I can think about is how much it pisses me off compared to what they had going on in 2020. :evil:
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:45 pm

The interface of their website sucks. If legends wasn't involved with them out of spite I wouldn't step into their store for that reason.

Also no US sightings for quasar yet?
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:07 am

Yeah, given how difficult Walgreens has made it to actually find stuff, their marketing strategy of trying to force me to travel from store to store has actually caused me to not bother at all.
Darth_Drakonis
Customized

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:20 am

I'm not dealing with the bullshit. Hopefully BBTS will get overstock of Nova
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:28 am

Pre-pandemic I didn't mind popping into Walgreens when I was out trying to find the exclusives, but man, my heart just ain't in it anymore. It's just an artificial hassle. I just don't want to hit up a dozen stores multiple times. It's not even that it's annoying - it's boring.
drayven
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:50 pm

docsilence wrote:
Pre-pandemic I didn't mind popping into Walgreens when I was out trying to find the exclusives, but man, my heart just ain't in it anymore. It's just an artificial hassle. I just don't want to hit up a dozen stores multiple times. It's not even that it's annoying - it's boring.

I know, right? I just bought one off Mercari. It was less than $40, and I know I’ve spent more than that in gas alone. I may check once or twice more, but I’m not driving to the 10+ stores around me when there haven’t even been any sightings in the Midwest.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Reading this is making me glad I opted to get Nova and Quasar from Robot Kingdom. Sure, the shipping cost almost as much as the figures, but not having to worry and search was worth it. Putting in my Binary order now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:33 pm

drayven wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:50 pm
docsilence wrote:

I know, right? I just bought one off Mercari. It was less than $40, and I know I’ve spent more than that in gas alone. I may check once or twice more, but I’m not driving to the 10+ stores around me when there haven’t even been any sightings in the Midwest.
Yeah, I'm one more visit to Walgreens for stuff I need away from just paying an eBay tax for him from someone who bought out a store in another state. I'm willing to pay a reasonable hourly rate for someone else's search for a character I want if I means not going store to store. It's the action figure collector equivalent of paying a kid to mow your lawn or something. If there were a way to even call the figures up on their PITA website...
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:52 pm

I ordered two off Amazon from a third party seller, used points to bring the total price to about what I’d pay at regular retail. That is, pre-pandemic retail. I’ve found three more in person, at about $25 each with tax. That price jump is very jarring and discouraging. But I’m pretty much done with the multiples I need. If I come across anymore, I’ll pick up to trade, but it’s been very dry, and the stores by me have only been getting one at a time.
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:11 am

Said screw it and purchased one from Mercari. Figured since these are already $24.99 and the one I bought was $35 with a $5 coupon to make it $30 + shipping and tax, it's a fair deal.

Definitely worth it to not have to deal with the headache and wasted gas money of driving back and forth between Walgreens, a place that's not even on my radar for normal toy hunts.
FlexionDynamo
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Yeppers, not that cheap at Walgreens, I paid $25 + 6.35% tax for each of the two I got. Figure the fees eBay charges sellers, paying $35 + shipping is fair if you don't want to drive around for 1-2 hours.

I'm still hunting for 2 more Dani on eBay because I could only find one in CT in all my searches and I think <$60 is fair at this point.

Now Quasar, I will hunt for.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:10 pm

Found Nova in North Western PA!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”