MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:21 pm

Hobby Search Japan auto shipped the Venom I had on PO. Glad I'll be getting him but dayum if shipping wasn't ridiculous. 4,410 yen on a 7,410 figure, well over half. I shipped two figures from them last February for 4,128 yen - this is more for half the weight. I'm wondering if they are still charging me the same total as if I still had Spider-Man coming as well (he was canceled for me). Oh well, for $80ish bucks I'm still super stoked to add this guy to my collection. He'll have to battle Wolverine for now until Spider-Man comes next month.
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:31 pm

I didn’t get the reissue Venom but that would be really cool if they added a little more height somehow. They are known to improve on certain things with reissues but who knows. Even the Spider-Man mold, the no.108 cel shaded version and Ben Reilly Spider-Man are just ever so slightly taller than no. 075.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:44 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:I didn’t get the reissue Venom but that would be really cool if they added a little more height somehow. They are known to improve on certain things with reissues but who knows. Even the Spider-Man mold, the no.108 cel shaded version and Ben Reilly Spider-Man are just ever so slightly taller than no. 075.

Ben is only taller than Peter because of how the costume differentiates in the torso as well as how the ball joint connects to the thoracic joint. So it’s not really an intentional or deliberate attempt to make Ben taller, it’s more a happy accident than anything else.

Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:54 pm

panther10 wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote:I didn’t get the reissue Venom but that would be really cool if they added a little more height somehow. They are known to improve on certain things with reissues but who knows. Even the Spider-Man mold, the no.108 cel shaded version and Ben Reilly Spider-Man are just ever so slightly taller than no. 075.

Ben is only taller than Peter because of how the costume differentiates in the torso as well as how the ball joint connects to the thoracic joint. So it’s not really an intentional or deliberate attempt to make Ben taller, it’s more a happy accident than anything else.

Right, they could do the same small changes to Venom as well potentially. The legs are really short and not really proportional to his torso imo. The comic paint Spider-Man torso seems longer than no.075, that or the neck. The recent endgame Thor looks significantly taller than the IW version only because the neck peg is longer. Makes a huge difference.

I think the reissued hush superman was slightly shorter than the OG though.

panther10

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:54 pm

Blue hush Batman 2.0 is a little taller than the original release but only for the sake of improved range of motion in the torso and the ball socket at the waist. From what I recall, the first release has a problem with the abs being too sunken into the crotch piece so it can’t bend too far forward before being restricted by the belt. But the second release fixes this issue by a substantial margin. We get at least a millimeter or two of extra clearance and height, which may not sound like much, but it’s the difference between a full 20 degrees of tilt/ lower ab crunch

DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:16 pm

Did I miss the boat on getting the Venom reissue from an import site?
panther10

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:28 pm

DaveB wrote:Did I miss the boat on getting the Venom reissue from an import site?
I think they might still be available at HLJ? You could always double check to be sure.

DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:28 am

"Order stop" at HLJ. I don't see a listing for him over at AmiAmi, either. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe when he's released he'll pop up "in stock" somewhere.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:30 am

DaveB wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:28 am
"Order stop" at HLJ. I don't see a listing for him over at AmiAmi, either. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe when he's released he'll pop up "in stock" somewhere.
Venom is releasing now. I just paid for mine at Hobby Search two days ago (They charge when they get their stock). I hear HLJ got their stock of Spider-Man too.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:51 pm

My Spider-Man preorder is still open at HLj. They did take payment for Venom on Friday morning.
Mistake-Not
Customized

Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:41 am

DaveB wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:16 pm
Did I miss the boat on getting the Venom reissue from an import site?
Mykombini seems to have it in stock. It's a bit more expensive, though. Maybe check the shipping options to see if it works out the same:

https://mykombini.com/en/movie-figure/1 ... &results=1
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 am

Chances they ever reissue the blue/gold wolverine with black stripes and potentially non-metallic paint?

That thing has the greatest Wolverine sculpt I’ve ever seen, but the paint job put me off. The recent Spider-Man repaint has given me some hope.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:49 pm

MisplacedProjectile wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 am
Chances they ever reissue the blue/gold wolverine with black stripes and potentially non-metallic paint?

That thing has the greatest Wolverine sculpt I’ve ever seen, but the paint job put me off. The recent Spider-Man repaint has given me some hope.
Anyone's guess. It'd be an easy money maker, though. You're not the only one-- the paint and the claws are the two biggest complaints I heard.

Because MAFEX is so slow to release, I imagine a lot of their figures will see re-releases to keep interest going in the line. We're looking at at least another 4 years from now until the Jim Lee team is finished. Same with their Batman Hush line - they haven't even done Robin yet. I imagine every couple of years they will refresh some of the main characters people missed to get them into the line.
JRoug
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:44 pm

Thanks for the Mykombini Venom tip. Says in stock and cheaper than BBTS. I missed him everywhere else!
panther10

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:59 pm

I keep telling myself that it’s only a matter of time now before we get a 3rd color variation of that hush Batman with either cel shaded art or a brighter shade of blue. Perhaps both can be applied to the same figure?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”