MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 pm

scribb wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:10 pm
psylocke wrote:I think this head works perfectly for this body. Too bad no neck adapter. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which head is that again?
I believe that's the Deadly Origins Black Widow head with Retro Mary Jane hair.
killphil
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:40 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Finished modding the second head for Betsy. Think I'm done with Jim Lee Psylocke's for now.

That looks so good. Must have taken alot of nerve to risk such an expensive and hard to replace item like this. It really paid off, though. The result is so much better than the stock figure. Now I'm considering some touch ups myself.

What do you use for the sculpted elements? Apoxy sculpt?
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:10 am

killphil wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:40 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Finished modding the second head for Betsy. Think I'm done with Jim Lee Psylocke's for now.

That looks so good. Must have taken alot of nerve to risk such an expensive and hard to replace item like this. It really paid off, though. The result is so much better than the stock figure. Now I'm considering some touch ups myself.

What do you use for the sculpted elements? Apoxy sculpt?
Thanks! I ordered a second just incase anything went horribly awry, but I was careful not to.

The hair is Procreate putty, so it's still nice and flexible even after it hardens, and is also really easy to work with!
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:25 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:….

You’ve reminded me how much I’d like figures of the Strucker twins

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:17 pm

I always enjoy LittleToysBiggerWorld's photos of new Mafex figures, and he finally posted some of Psylocke. :D

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 0598757252

Image Image Image Image Image
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm

All that makes me do is wish is that they would re-release that Sabretooth.
MarvelLegendsMan
Avengers Assemble

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:21 pm

pr1983 wrote:All that makes me do is wish is that they would re-release that Sabretooth.
I know if you don't have it, you want it because it's the best one that's been made, but truthfully that Sabretooth is pretty crappy. He needs a redo on the Omega Red body.

Maybe Mafex will do a Jim Lee/TAS Sabretooth at some point. Its not anywhere near the top of my wishlist, but I wouldn't turn it down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:56 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
pr1983 wrote:All that makes me do is wish is that they would re-release that Sabretooth.
I know if you don't have it, you want it because it's the best one that's been made, but truthfully that Sabretooth is pretty crappy. He needs a redo on the Omega Red body.

Maybe Mafex will do a Jim Lee/TAS Sabretooth at some point. Its not anywhere near the top of my wishlist, but I wouldn't turn it down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It'd probably be too small, kinda like I feel venom is

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:16 pm

I’m just waiting for Brown and Tan Wolverine to drop like:

Scarletspyder
HULK SMASH!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:46 pm

panther10 wrote:

I think it was meant to come out with the new Batman and robin two pack but Mafex must have pulled it last minute. HLJ is normally always on point.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Scarletspyder wrote:
panther10 wrote:

I think it was meant to come out with the new Batman and robin two pack but Mafex must have pulled it last minute. HLJ is normally always on point.
Maybe there wasn’t enough room on the trucks and they have to make a second trip?

killphil
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:36 am

Anyone have experience with loose knees on these Mafex figures? My Psylocke's lower left knee joint has steadily gotten looser to the point that now it just flops down with gravity. Looks like it rotates on a metal rivet but I have no idea how or if it can be tightened.
Yarlick
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:38 pm

I apologize in advance because I might sound annoying and I never got the original comics Spidey.

I just received Ben Reilly and....WHY THE HELL have I never bought the original?!

It's so much fun. I love that figure. It's exactly what I would want for a Raimi Spidey. The figure is just perfect, not too tight, not too loose, there's no risks of breakage and the way the crotch piece has been engineered really helps the poseability. I love it!
Afro_Samurai
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:19 am

Yarlick wrote:
I apologize in advance because I might sound annoying and I never got the original comics Spidey.

I just received Ben Reilly and....WHY THE HELL have I never bought the original?!

It's so much fun. I love that figure. It's exactly what I would want for a Raimi Spidey. The figure is just perfect, not too tight, not too loose, there's no risks of breakage and the way the crotch piece has been engineered really helps the poseability. I love it!
Mafex usually does re-issues (if they still have the license, it can take years though). Make sure you get the 2nd reissue and do not pass up the Symbiote suit that is up for pre-order. I agree this Ben Reilly figure is awesome. I think its my favorite figure of the year. It would be great if Mafex did a Green Goblin next.

I made this Ben Reilly Toy evolution pic while I was waiting for my copy to come in.
TacoBelmont
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Afro_Samurai wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:19 am
Yarlick wrote:

Mafex usually does re-issues (if they still have the license, it can take years though). Make sure you get the 2nd reissue and do not pass up the Symbiote suit that is up for pre-order. I agree this Ben Reilly figure is awesome. I think its my favorite figure of the year. It would be great if Mafex did a Green Goblin next.

I made this Ben Reilly Toy evolution pic while I was waiting for my copy to come in.
I collect a lot of Legends as well, and this comparison really helps me understand why I don't like the retro Spider-Man that much. The body is just too lumpy. I prefer the earlier Ben Reilly Legend to the one coming out.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”