MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
psylocke wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 pm
Mafex Dr Strange? Did I miss something?!
Mafex Dr. Strange!

Oh, pass. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MarvelLegendsMan
Avengers Assemble

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm

For those who have Betsy in hand, possible to show a photo of the Legends head on the Mafex body?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TacoBelmont
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm
For those who have Betsy in hand, possible to show a photo of the Legends head on the Mafex body?

I don't have a pic on hand, but I tried it really quick when I got mine out of curiosity. That Legends head is big on the Legends figure and even more so on the Mafex version. Comically huge. The best would be a scaled-down Select head, if anyone ever got to it.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:51 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:For those who have Betsy in hand, possible to show a photo of the Legends head on the Mafex body?

Here you are. The neck pegs are not even close.

CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:07 pm

If that's a wired cloth cape on Strange, I'm in.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:45 am

Japan and the Big Head Conundrum: Why Do People Want a Small Face?
Have you ever heard someone from Japan tell someone esle, particularly a foreigner, that their face was very small, often with a tone of jealousy and admiration? For those coming from Western countries, this might seem like a very strange and confusing comment that is difficult to discern. If you were told that your face was small, would you categorize the comment as an insult or as a compliment? In truth, is nothing more than a compliment deeply embedded in Japanese beuty standards. In Japan, a small, oval-shaped face with a V-line jaw is the epitome of beauty. Pretty much all young women, and sometimes even young men in Japan, desire to have small faces. This is known as kogao.
According to the concept of hattou shin, ideally a person’s head should be one-eighth of their total height. The upper half of the body should be equivalent to the total length of three heads while the legs should be as long as four heads. This translates to a person having a small face as being something aesthetically beautiful.
https://jpninfo.com/42374

...and that's why Psylocke has a small head.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:50 am

More Psylocke:

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 am

psylocke wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
psylocke wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 pm
Mafex Dr Strange? Did I miss something?!
Mafex Dr. Strange!

Oh, pass. Thanks.

My heart skipped a beat, too. Then I remembered the MCU figures.
AgentLionel
Super Poseable

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:46 pm

I don't collect MCU anymore, but if I did, I'd be all over that Strange. Damn fine looking set.

Now do it again, comic style.
nick_clark
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:11 am

has anyone got Psylocke from Nin Nin game? I'm still waiting for them to ship her :S
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Got Psylocke yesterday. She's got a number of articulation bugaboos including the limited elbow range most Mafex females seem to have, her ankle pivot is VERY limited and can only be twisted at angles, and most frustratingly her neck joint doesn't move much at the bottom OR top, and it's not just the hair getting in the way--it simply lacks range for some unknown reason. As is true with many painted Mafex accessories I feel like I'm going to scrape paint off EVERY time I put the swords in her hands due to the very tight fit that you have to force to achieve. Her arms pop out very easily and I've done that almost a dozen times while moving them around. Not as easily as Revoltech figures or as easily as Mafex Wolverine's biceps pop off, but the arms pop out fairly easily.

But still, she's spectacular, and the range on the hips, diapraghm, and waist make up for the lack of it in other places. I generally like both head sculpts and find them both pretty and appropriately Japanese, and while somewhat small it's not at all outside of the normal size range humans regularly have. The main problem with the Legends figure is that you can't get her into any decent ninja poses, but even given the minor articulation issues there's NO problem with that on this figure. The joints are slightly loose on the legs, but not exceedingly so and she holds poses completely fine. Love her!

I got mine from Hobby Search Japan, although they're out of stock now. I also see her pop up on Amazon Japan occasionally, although I had to refresh several times per day to finally find her there.

Scarletspyder
HULK SMASH!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:45 pm

Can anyone who has a preorder through HLC for the brown wolverine confirm if it’s still saying the release date is tomorrow?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:00 pm

Scarletspyder wrote:
Can anyone who has a preorder through HLC for the brown wolverine confirm if it’s still saying the release date is tomorrow?

AmiAmi says December. Someone mentioned it being delayed a month or so ago in this thread.
Scarletspyder
HULK SMASH!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:23 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Scarletspyder wrote:

AmiAmi says December. Someone mentioned it being delayed a month or so ago in this thread.
About a week ago someone shared a screenshot showing HLC updated the order with a December 2nd release date but I haven’t seen anything else verifying if that’s true
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:37 pm

Scarletspyder wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Scarletspyder wrote:

About a week ago someone shared a screenshot showing HLC updated the order with a December 2nd release date but I haven’t seen anything else verifying if that’s true
Do you mean HLJ by any chance? They usually send out Private warehouse alerts to their customers when products are en route so it’s possible we might see pics by tomorrow.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”