Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:59 am

I tried the Retro Sue hair on a Dazzler head. It's not a straight swap, have to take off the headband, shave down the head to fit inside the hair. Its hard to find the right placement and it not looking like helmet hair. But I do like how the face is with this hair though.

100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:48 am

That looks superb.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:06 am

So, a couple pages back there was discussion about what other costume versions of the FF Hasbro could do.

Well, I’m in the process of rewatching the Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes cartoon and as much as I question some of the design choices, I’ve always really liked it. The series got the characters spot on, and their voices were great. So I think it’d be fun to see these molds done in those outfits. Ben’s pants would be an issue of course, but still…

I fully realize I’m in the minority here. :)
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:08 am

I’d take a Ben in a sculpted trench coat, slacks and hat. I think it’s funny anytime Ben dresses in normal clothes.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:52 am

DerRabbi wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:08 am
I’d take a Ben in a sculpted trench coat, slacks and hat. I think it’s funny anytime Ben dresses in normal clothes.
Ben in a trench coat feels like money left on the table if they don't make him. Doesn't everybody love noir detective Ben Grimm?
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:07 am

:D 8)
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:02 am

New arms, legs and feet. A thin trench coat overlay on the existing Thing chest. New head with hat. Pretty easy to pull off that look for Ben. The Toybiz 90s Thing in the trench coat was a gate way toy that got me back into collecting. In the mid 90s just the idea that they'd do such a classic deep cut sort of look. Market wasn't the same back then the way it is now.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:40 pm

Neil Magnum wrote:
I tried the Retro Sue hair on a Dazzler head. It's not a straight swap, have to take off the headband, shave down the head to fit inside the hair. Its hard to find the right placement and it not looking like helmet hair. But I do like how the face is with this hair though.

I think what really works about this is the blonde eyebrows.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:15 pm

That swap pretty much proves the hair isn't the biggest problem at least...
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:40 pm

These are my favorite version of the F.F. -Blue and White. This Thing head sculpt is definitely my favorite. I just need High Evolutionary to complete this wave. I had an extra Walgreen's Sue that I am using for her head. I actually got one that wasn't bad but I wanted consistency in my Sue's looks. I will take any and all versions of the Four. They have always been my favorite team book. Long overdue to crank out F.F. related figures.
DaThing
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:03 pm

Speaking of other costumes, I just bought a loose Sunfire to make a red costume Johnny since I don't see that coming anytime soon.

I would still like to see a more 70's/80's looking FF at some point. A shorter Thing with an extra Ben Grimm head and the other 3 in their blue and black with the classic blue/black/ white 4 on their chests.
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm

Neil Magnum wrote:

That is incredible. How hard was it to take off the headband?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 pm

I think this set is pretty 80’s. I definitely want a 90’s masked Thing at a minimum. You can argue the rest of the team is fine with the powered up Storm siblings from this set. (I’d take a tactical vest Reed, but can live with this version too).

But also down for a proper 70’s black & blue set. The Walgreens figures are in my Bronze Age display, but I’d definitely be interested in a more accurate take.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:43 pm

My powered down Johnny arrived about an hour ago. He's great, though I wish they'd have chosen darker blues on these. I've always envisioned them as a really deep Navy Blue.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 pm

I would have been happier with the darker blue they showed in the digital render for Johnny.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”